Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Everton away (EFL Cup) pre match

I think BR will make just as many changes as Puel did. It may be a QF, but it would be virtual suicide if we didn't rest some players going into the busy Christmas/new year period. I reckon it'll be something close to this,

Schmeichel

Justin

Morgan

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Albrighton

Choudhury

Praet

Perez

Iheanacho

Barnes

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 3

It's a quarter final and we want to win something to honour Vichai, we have to play a strong team.

Yet as stated we have massive games following closely.  The players' performance and health metrics are closely monitored so I'm sure the selections will be guided by that, resting those that need it most.

For the season as a whole I think it’s important Iheanacho and Barnes get back on the horse and play this one.

I want us to go pretty strong, while maybe giving Vardy and Madison and the two full backs a rest.

We are going through a great period in the club’s history, I would be disappointed if we come out of it without any silverware.

Liverpool with the team they have available will struggle to beat Villa, if Villa put out a strong line up.

The 2 Manchester clubs you’d expect to go through, but I’d fancy us to do over United in the semis and City If we go full strength.

For what it’s worth I’d go:

Kasper

Justin

Soyuncu

Evans

Fuchs

Madison/ Tielemans (rest one, not both)

Praet

Ndidi

Perez

Iheanacho 

Barnes

I don’t think that leaves us too much weaker.

No way Vardy starts this one.  Ndidi shouldn't either.

I'd like to win the EFL, but of all the priorities this season that's the lowest since Europe is a lock anyway and it's sadly a second-rate competition at best.  Good chance to get Gray and Kelechi 90 minutes and try and put the unfortunate Norwich memories behind them, and Perez is a lock to start after sitting the last two matches.  Tielemans looks pretty spent, and Evans and Soyuncu have barely had a break all year.  Really, you could make a case for getting Choudhury, Justin, Fuchs, Morgan, Albrighton and Benkovic all in the lineup but obviously some regulars are going to play. 

• Like 1

I think we will win this but lose to Man City in the league. 

One concern is that our team looks rather fatigued. For that reason wholesale changes might not be terrible simply because we will be a lot fresher. For example I’d for sure start Albrighton and Hamza just to act as an adrenaline shot in the team. Albrighton especially can always be counted on to run himself into the ground and I think we might need that in this game. 

• Like 1

I'd rather we prioritise this game over the ManCity game.

The squad needs rotating anyway as some players look seriously leggy at the moment.

However, I'd be very disappointed if we don't play a strong side. None of that Puel throwing in the towel in the cups. We should be going all out to win this competition.

5 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

It's a quarter final and we want to win something to honour Vichai, we have to play a strong team.

Yet as stated we have massive games following closely.  The players' performance and health metrics are closely monitored so I'm sure the selections will be guided by that, resting those that need it most.

What is a strong team though. Over the past few games with the exception of Villa, you could argue that either we've got strength in depth or that quite a number of our players are much of a muchness. 

Whilst I still think our next two Premiership games are the priority, I don't see that makings a number of changes would do any harm after yesterday's lack lustre performance. I would suggest that Pereira, Tielemans and Ndidi could do with a rest prior to Man City and that their replacements James, Praet and Choudhury would be adequate. I would also give Fuchs a game for Chilwell and fit Albrighton in for someone. We need to freshen up anyway I think, reward and keep squad members match sharp and ready for when required. Pereira looks jaded as does Tielemans who looks a shadow of his former self. Ndidi has possibly been our most consistent player but even he must have his limits. Perez may also be worth a consideration for the strikers role to see how he fairs in case Vardy gets injured because he's certainly no winger. If we're not capable of rotation and winning then Europe is pointless. Yes, we'd undoubtedly try and strengthen in the summer but I wouldn't foresee too many incoming.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

What is a strong team though. Over the past few games with the exception of Villa, you could argue that either we've got strength in depth or that quite a number of our players are much of a muchness. 

Whilst I still think our next two Premiership games are the priority, I don't see that makings a number of changes would do any harm after yesterday's lack lustre performance. I would suggest that Pereira, Tielemans and Ndidi could do with a rest prior to Man City and that their replacements James, Praet and Choudhury would be adequate. I would also give Fuchs a game for Chilwell and fit Albrighton in for someone. We need to freshen up anyway I think, reward and keep squad members match sharp and ready for when required. Pereira looks jaded as does Tielemans who looks a shadow of his former self. Ndidi has possibly been our most consistent player but even he must have his limits. Perez may also be worth a consideration for the strikers role to see how he fairs in case Vardy gets injured because he's certainly no winger. If we're not capable of rotation and winning then Europe is pointless. Yes, we'd undoubtedly try and strengthen in the summer but I wouldn't foresee too many incoming.

Well, in regards to a strong team I was thinking about a significant number of the spine of the team: Schmeichel, Evan's, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy. But it is likely some need a rest or just a refresh. 

From past experience even if rested they will likely still appear on the bench. I'd consider resting Vardy with Iheanacho and or Perez up front. Agree on Albrighton, with Barnes rested.

I'm not sure about our cover in central defence, how effective would Wes be as a starter? Does anyone know if Benkovic will feature in the first team this season? I think Soyuncu is young and strong enough to keep playing, but Evan's may need rest at some point.

In midfield we do have depth to allow some rotation, and like you say keep some squad members involved and match fit.

It's a tough selection which really depends on our intentions, individual players fitness levels and perhaps any firm plans we have of recruitment next month, such as adding depth to our central defence which would allow for rotation in the new year?

10 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Gotta play vardy

Well yes, but wouldn't we say that for the games against Man City and Liverpool too?

His great form has partly been attributable to the way he is managed and rested. The number of games packed into the xmas period really isn't conducive to maintaining player fitness. He's got to be rested sometime or it's more than likely he will pick up an injury.

13 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Well yes, but wouldn't we say that for the games against Man City and Liverpool too?

His great form has partly been attributable to the way he is managed and rested. The number of games packed into the xmas period really isn't conducive to maintaining player fitness. He's got to be rested sometime or it's more than likely he will pick up an injury.

I see this game more important tbf, we aint gonna win the league, were near enough guaranteed champions league football, 

I'm all for emptying the bench for this and agree with some of the lineups mentioned already that see every "perceived" starter replaced, if we can't rely on Hamza, Justin, Fuchs, Perez, Praet etc what's the point of having them, the bench will/can consist of Vardy, Madders, Ndidi etc but not Tielemans he needs a week off he's built different to Madders and just looks tired.

i understand it's a QF and let's win something for Vichai but I'd think he'd rather see his beloved Foxes up at the top table being seen by the best of Europe and getting there by pushing all the way not squeaking in in 4th position or getting onto the bridesmaids table by winning the milk cup and having to play all those extra Europa games, let's be honest at the start of the following season who remembers who won the EFL anyway, the FA cups a little different.

If we don't rest the majority we have Man C on w/end who will be desperate to close the gap on us and whilst they have a slight defensive issue they have world class players littered through their squad.....

....and then the big 1, Liverpool.

They actually have a more favourable run towards our game, yes they play 2 games in 24hrs but I'd imagine Klopp is rubbing his hands, he's got all the media and pundits all going poor Liverpool look at fixtures piling up but in reality they are 2 dead rubbers to them, anyone thinking he will take these games serious when they have the chance to pull away further at the top and go and win the top flight championship in what 30yrs, come on. He plays Villa a team struggling at the wrong end of the table who themselves need to think do we stick or twist and I'd imagine the answers twist & they play a team from Mexico in a joke of a world club competition...Mexico!!!

We have 4 hard games in 9 days they have 4 games also including those to 2 dead rubbers over a 12 day period yet You can bet this months wages they will rest players with reports of injuries probably to be announced on Mondays press conference and have their strongest team set up against us because they know we atm are the biggest threat, beat us and it's all but mathematically done.

Even if we don't catch them I'd like us to go down trying, and that's why we need to make changes for me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Well, in regards to a strong team I was thinking about a significant number of the spine of the team: Schmeichel, Evan's, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy. But it is likely some need a rest or just a refresh. 

From past experience even if rested they will likely still appear on the bench. I'd consider resting Vardy with Iheanacho and or Perez up front. Agree on Albrighton, with Barnes rested.

I'm not sure about our cover in central defence, how effective would Wes be as a starter? Does anyone know if Benkovic will feature in the first team this season? I think Soyuncu is young and strong enough to keep playing, but Evan's may need rest at some point.

In midfield we do have depth to allow some rotation, and like you say keep some squad members involved and match fit.

It's a tough selection which really depends on our intentions, individual players fitness levels and perhaps any firm plans we have of recruitment next month, such as adding depth to our central defence which would allow for rotation in the new year?

Yes it's difficult isn't it. With a young player like Soyuncu possibly not so much of a problem compared to Ndidi who's natural game requires so much energy and in Choudhury I think we have decent cover and he also needs proper game time to progress. I have no qualms with Morgan covering for Evans if he was in need of some respite prior to the Christmas onslaught. God knows what the state of play is with Benkovic but I'd personally want him to start next to an experienced head like Soyuncu' has which has reaped benefits. Riccardo and Tielemans though could do with a rest just imo.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2