Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Everton away (EFL Cup) pre match

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Haha, well you've gone and done it now, you'll get hunted down and vilified by those with an obsession with silverware, even if it's only a Johnson's Paint Trophy or a milk bottle top but actually, I for one, and I suspect that we're in the minority, absolutely agree with you. Had it been the FA cup it may be possibly slightly different but it isn't,  it's a piss poor meaningless outdated competition sadly. How many on here can remember who was in the final last year let alone watched the full 90 minutes?

For me, Man City and Liverpool, with the implications of those two matches are far bigger games to prioritise. We're in such a great position now that we could well do without dropping 6 points and risk starting to fade away. A win against Man City would be absolutely huge and create both a sizeable gap between us, put them and Pep under a bit more pressure and give our players even more belief and confidence.

The money, retention of our best players and recruitment of others depends to a large extent on our qualification into the Champions League and whilst they'd never say it, I bet the Club's priorities lie there also. With the great opportunity we have now, to finish 6th/7th with a Carabou cup to our name would be pointless. 

IF management assesses that certain players could do with a rest then hopefully they'll do it and in case of any potential injuries to come with the main spine of our team, use this match to get the squad players up to speed and fit for purpose should they be called upon. It would be really nice to win on Wednesday but in the greater scheme of things there are bigger and better fish to fry.

Take cover Deeg67, they're going to come after us now guns blazing! 😱🤣🤣

I agree with pretty much all this except for the top point in bold. The fact that Man City take it seriously and so will Man Utd show that clubs still value it. The rest of what you say is pretty much spot on. In reality we could do without this game. Finishing in the top four has massive financial implications for a club like us and we have a lot of work to do to achieve that. Probably/possibly 12-13 more wins will be required. The two games after Everton are as tough as you can get and then we have two difficult away trips. Could easily lose all 4.

Trouble is squad rotation is fine if you have the players to do it without sacrificing quality. We don't in many positions. Especially at centre back. I suspect Chilwell will be rested, especially as he's recently had a minor injury. Hamza might replace Ndidi but other than that we could be looking at a similar line up to Norwich. The two centre backs, Maddison, Tielemans and Riccy all loked like they could do with a break but I don't see how they are going to get it unless rested for this one and if we want to go through can't see how they can be rested either. Tough decisions for Rodgers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I think they’ll be a few changes for this one, two tough games after this but a great chance to get to a semi final!

Schmeichel

Justin

Evans

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Ndidi

Praet

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

Perez

Ok, but we might need to score a goal

We're not going to win the league, we have a big gap to 5th, why shouldn't we put a strong side out for this?

Schmeichel 

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu 

Chilwell

Ndidi

Praet

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy 

Perez

• Like 3

We need to take this seriously. Strong team with only 3 or 4 changes max and a solid bench. This is a great chance of a trip to Wembley and some silverware along with guaranteeing European football. We have a good gap to 5th in the league and Man City and Liverpool also have plenty of fixtures.

I also think it's good to keep a fairly similar team and keep gathering momentum. Puel used to chop and change and so did Ranieri in 16/17, neither helped us.

3-1 win, two late goals.

What is wrong with everyone on here and some of the pathetic weakened sides wished to be played!?

Everton are a good team and have been rejuvenated under big dunc and we’re away from home!

Even with our best 11 it’ll be very tough, let alone resting our best players.

We didn’t play strongish teams vs Newcastle, Luton and Burton to suddenly leave out JV and Youri.

Play our best 11, we need to win this. If we rotate we go out the cup then go to Man City after resting players, they come back in with lost momentum vs a rampant City team, lose that and then play Liverpool 100% out the title race and lose again! Stupid logic. Does my head in hearing this crap.

winning breeds confidence, beat Everton and confidently go into the City game.

Kasper

Perrera Evans Soyuncu Chillwell

Ndidi Tillimens

Perez    Maddison    Barnes 

Vardy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 15/12/2019 at 03:06, RowlattsFox said:

Tough decision this because we have 2 tough games over Christmas whilst also want to win a cup. Ridiculous scheduling to put this round in to an already busy December. I get that it's probably to do with the champions League fixtures. 

Think we will have to make changes, and hope for the best. 

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Choudhury

Praet

Perez

Barnes

Albrighton

Iheanacho

This is a tough one. We should aim to win a Cup as realistically we should not expect a miracle EPL title. Guess this is why the club pays Rodgers millions to make decisions like this.

5 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

What is wrong with everyone on here and some of the pathetic weakened sides wished to be played!?

Everton are a good team and have been rejuvenated under big dunc and we’re away from home!

Even with our best 11 it’ll be very tough, let alone resting our best players.

We didn’t play strongish teams vs Newcastle, Luton and Burton to suddenly leave out JV and Youri.

Play our best 11, we need to win this. If we rotate we go out the cup then go to Man City after resting players, they come back in with lost momentum vs a rampant City team, lose that and then play Liverpool 100% out the title race and lose again! Stupid logic. Does my head in hearing this crap.

winning breeds confidence, beat Everton and confidently go into the City game.

Kasper

Perrera Evans Soyuncu Chillwell

Ndidi Tillimens

Perez    Maddison    Barnes 

Vardy

At least be arsed to spell the names properly. 

• Haha 4