Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Everton away (EFL Cup) pre match

I imagine Ferguson will put a strong team out as he is a temporary appointment who's chance this is to make a name for himself as a manager.

I hope that we put a pretty strong side out with a strong bench.

Ward

Justin

Evans

Benkovic

Chillwell

Choudary

Gray

Praet

Maddison

Barnes

Nacho

Kasper, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Albrighton, Vardy, Perez

I wouldn't personally put out our strongest XI because we are still in a title race and the league has to be the priority. Additionally, with this game just before the hectic Christmas schedule, now is a good time to rest some important players. 

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Choudhury 

Praet

Mendy

Albrighton

Nacho

Gray

6 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Was happy to give this a like, up to the end of the first paragraph.

Unfortunately, 2nd paragraph is a load of old toss 🤣🤣🤣🤣😘😘😘

Got better towards the end though but a crappy ending.

3/5 stars.

Thx..you're so kind....One day when I Pick up the Noble peace prize....:teehee:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

We should play our best 11. Don’t believe this tosh about resting players: winning teams should not need a rest.

We’re not in Europe this season and it’s a great chance to win a trophy with Liverpool now likely to be out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Yes

6 minutes ago, January47 said:

showing my ignorance but does wining this cup give you a europe cup place?

to be honest a europa cup place if that’s what we end up will be disappointing this season. I would like the Carabao as an insurance policy nonetheless 😊

2 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Why do folks keepsaying we are fortunate on the injury front inbstead of giving credit to our medical staff who are exceptional

If you read it, it was past tense 2015/16 when we were indeed fortunate. That's in no way discrediting medical staff back then or even now. But ... medical and coaching staff can only influence things like fitness, diet, recovery and subsequent treatment. They can't influence some clumsy opposition defender tackling studs up into one of your players, or a player slipping and turning an ankle or pulling a hamstring. Most clubs these days have top medical and coaching staff to protect their multimillion pound investments. Sometimes injuries however well prepared a squad is still occur. In 2015/16 we were fortunate as we hadn't got a great depth in squad talent.

41 minutes ago, shailen said:

I wouldn't personally put out our strongest XI because we are still in a title race and the league has to be the priority. Additionally, with this game just before the hectic Christmas schedule, now is a good time to rest some important players. 

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Choudhury 

Praet

Mendy

Albrighton

Nacho

Gray

COunt me as a fan who would like to see us prioritize the cups over chasing Liverpool, especially w Liverpool crashing out of the cup to Villa and Man City prioritizing CL.

Line-up thoughts: hate the idea of us kicking off with 2 DMs plus a defensive wing in MA plus a FB who won't get fwd in Fuchs plus a FB who has little experience at this level in Justin. Love your line-up for closing out a game, it is defensively solid AF, but things get tricky IMO if we have to chase a game with this line-up. Though I admit, I have Puel flashbacks, and I worry a defensive line-up will be a recipe for Everton keeping a clean sheet, and I also have a hard time seeing this line-up executing what Rodgers likes to play. 

I'm hopeful we see at least one of Maddison or Tielemans with Praet, as when we have played two DMs like Mendy and Hamza under both Puel and Rodgers, teams have bracketed the one AM we play and limited our ability to get fwd. With a 2 DM line-up, I'd expect Everton to attack Praet and deny him the ball, meaning Mendy and Hamza will have to get the ball fwd quickly, which they aren't good at, and we may well wind up looking just like Puel's bad 2 DM line-ups.

I'd probably also like to see Perez or Barnes instead of Marc on the wing with Nacho and Gray (Vardy named just in case), but if we play two AMs, that would overcome Marc's lack of attacking, so Marc starting might work. I'd prob also see about Chilwell playing, he has missed enough games already this season, he has a bit less wear on the tires than Ricardo. Pair him w Justin, I agree. Play one of Maddison/Tiels, if we get ahead 2 goals, bring in Marc and pull one AM for a DM. That will at least give us a shot at scoring some goals and let guys who don't regularly play see a bit of gametime.

Actually, I'd love to see us get ahead early and then close with your line-up. That is a terrific defensive line-up, especially as Hamza prefers playing higher up the pitch than Mendy (as opposed to when we have played Mendy and Ndidi together and they are tripping over one another). Also makes substitutions easy, if we have to chase the game we have a good line-up already on the pitch, and if we get ahead we can switch to your defensive line-up (or a variant) very easily. To start though, I'd say we def need at least one experienced FB in Rodgers' system w Chilwell, then one more AM, minimum. I think that gets the job done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

We should play our best 11. Don’t believe this tosh about resting players: winning teams should not need a rest.

We’re not in Europe this season and it’s a great chance to win a trophy with Liverpool now likely to be out. 

"winning teams should not need a rest" -- come off it, you know even great teams need a rest. Look at what happens to Man City every season, they play a high effort style similar to our press, and they wear the F down late in the year and flop in the CL. Look at all the injuries Pep's boys have endured after playing his demanding style in so many fixtures last season, even with outstanding depth that we lack they have been decimated by injuries. The last thing we want is to wind up with an injured or exhausted squad when we have a slight lead for the top-4 and Spurs and Man U are breathing down our necks. 

A bit of substitution is called for, but we can do it without exclusively playing back-ups. Let Justin play FB, give Ricardo, Wilf, Vardy, and one of Tiels/Maddison a day off. Now that I think about it, might make sense to see Barnes play wing, could get a goal to get his scoring confidence going, then let Demi play impact sub, with Nacho up top and Perez on his right. Think through whether Evans really needs a rest, I'd like to change as few of the back 4 as possible, but Morgan/Soy can work.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

to be honest a europa cup place if that’s what we end up will be disappointing this season. I would like the Carabao as an insurance policy nonetheless 😊

Yeah, might be fun though. Look at this season's Europa, we'd be among the favorites to win it. Man U is the betting favorite, followed by Sevilla, Conte's Inter, and Ajax.  

Right now, Wolves are +1700 at some books, that is worth a few quid I reckon, there is nobody in the field they can't beat. Certainly they shouldn't be returning twice what Arsenal will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twister said:

With city less than three days later 9 or 10 changes is a must

have to go fresh for saturday.

I think a halfway house will suffice with some of our key more energetic players being rested ie. Ndidi, Ricardo, Tielemans, Vardy and Chilwell but have a strong bench, possibly even Evans rested as well. I'm sure that the fitness of these players are well monitored. 

2 hours ago, shailen said:

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Choudhury 

Praet

Mendy

Albrighton

Nacho

Gray

Agree with most of this but we cant play Hamza and Mendy together, that would be dreadful. Hamza is perfect to come in for Wilf but I think Madders would need to start alongside Praet with Hazma in front of the back 4. Some players need a rest but too many changes isn't good. We have a real chance of a trophy and are already well on our way to champions league football next season.