Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Jarrod Bowen

5 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Torn on this one.

Whilst I think he could come in and have an impact right now for a relatively low fee, come the end of the season, we will have hopefully qualified for the champions league. All of a sudden we become an even more attractive proposition and can hopefully attract the calibre of wingers that would leave him no way near a starting position. 

Like Musa, slimani and hernadez

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Frustrating. Has Suso gone Sevilla as well? We've had a howler.

I'm not so sure we have, if the club feels we can meet our objectives without brings someone in this window and can achieve our recruitment objectives in the summer a better window to work in and an easier time to embed new players.

I seem to remember people saying look at Everton and West Ham recruitment, we are miles behind, always better to judge these things a few months later.

I personally think we have enough in the tank to finish top 4 without any signings.

People get upset about players that probably never want to come to the PL or Leicester City is a bit over the top. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not so sure we have, if the club feels we can meet our objectives without brings someone in this window and can achieve our recruitment objectives in the summer a better window to work in and an easier time to embed new players.

I seem to remember people saying look at Everton and West Ham recruitment, we are miles behind, always better to judge these things a few months later.

I personally think we have enough in the tank to finish top 4 without any signings.

People get upset about players that probably never want to come to the PL or Leicester City is a bit over the top. 

This is a top post. We live in such a disposable, "new shiny thing",  culture, it can often be difficult to look at what we have rather than clamour for the new.

We got here with what we have, we have lost no-one, and assuming our recent difficulties can be overcome, we should be fine.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd agree if we hadn't only picked up 10 points in our last 8 games and had injuries to Ndidi, Mendy, Vardy twice, Morgan twice and Benkovic. Also it's not as if we don't want to bring players in if we can, Rodgers has said as much. Therefore we have failed/missed our key targets. 

Hopefully that 14 point cushion is enough, it really ought to be as we have been relentless for the 1st half of the season but there's still plenty of games left and our confidence has taken a hit.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I take your point. I doubt even Howe would even waste 15 to 20 on him. His value has surely plummeted this season give his poor contribution when called upon. 

There was an excuse when he had to compete with Mahrez for the Wing. We're in dire need for a winger and he's a winger yet gets passed over. That tells me that the management don'ttrust or rate him.

Which is why I'd take anything around 10 Million for him and move on.

How much did Bournemouth spend on Jordan Ibe... 

3 hours ago, tylesta said:

Like Musa, slimani and hernadez

Hahaha I still get the horrors from that transfer window after we won the league, we wasted such a big opportunity when our stock was at its highest ! 12 months later and all had left the club either on permanently or on loan hadn't they? 

Hopefully we have learnt from those mistakes and can have a big summer window to coincide with champions league football and the new training ground opening. 

4 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Hahaha I still get the horrors from that transfer window after we won the league, we wasted such a big opportunity when our stock was at its highest ! 12 months later and all had left the club either on permanently or on loan hadn't they? 

Hopefully we have learnt from those mistakes and can have a big summer window to coincide with champions league football and the new training ground opening. 

I was happy with it at the time 😂😱 (much like west ham and Everton likely were last summer)

Genuinely think our stock is now higher in terms of recruitment. The title was seen for what it eventually was, a flash in the pan.

This looks like a new dawn and is totally removed from our title win.

(Afterthought - Still doesn't mean this transfer window isn't a rip off though, and we're probably ok for this season / don't need to panic buy)

Like some have pointed out there is no point signing players for the sake of it. We need defensive cover, but Benkovic may just have to do, Finish in a champions league spot and our recruitment strategy changes, the money pot will be larger and the potential targets more prestigious... We will finish in the top four, we have already done the hard work we just need to maintain it, and I have a good feeling about this next block in the season, I can see us putting together another good run.

I'd much rather we wait and invest wisely, all of a sudden Jarrod Bowen becomes Ziyech (potentially)  

19 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Could open up Diangana coming to us then

He’s been at West Ham since he was 12 - just on the cusp of breaking through if this loan spell goes well for him.... signed a six year contract at the start of last year....

I’m not sure he’d come or they would sell.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

If we hit relegation form at 1pt per game, we will take 14pts, that added to our 14pts lead give us 28pts, that requires Man U or Wolves to win 9 and draw 1 out of 14 to just get level. In those 8 games we took 1.25pts per game which if we did the same in the last 14 would see us collect 17pts. 

In the last five games;

Man U  6pts,                  1.2 pts per game

Wolves 4pts                   0.8 pts per game 

Spurs   5pts.                   1    pts per game

LCFC 9pts                      1.8pts per game 

When you put it like that, we really have given ourselves a commanding lead. I don't know why i'm so nervous.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

When you put it like that, we really have given ourselves a commanding lead. I don't know why i'm so nervous.

Because you are a Leicester City fan and it in our nature.

The wheels would have to come of a spectacular fashion, and if that was the case I don't think one signing would make a difference.

I consider our transfer business over the last 2-3 window to be pretty good, other then a few blemishes, I can only think of probably Liverpool and Wolves who have done as well in the market. So I'm going to have faith in the club to do the right things.    

If you changed the names is the table, and put Spurs, Chelsea or Man U in our position and our current form, would anyone be saying they would be caught by the chasing pack? I'd guess the answer would be no.

• Like 2