Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Jarrod Bowen

5 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Unless i’ve missed something, £60k-a-week, for 5+ years doesn’t sound an awful lot to me. 

TalkSport have just said WH want to put a relegation clause in his contract but he’s not having it 

It all sounds like BS to me now. A bunch of noise. Remember reading that most wages are negotiated roughly before a move to buy is ever made to the selling club.

23 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

I reckon Bowen was insisting on an out clause if (when) the irons go down and it was refused.... but they can't say that can they...

I heard that West Ham wanted a relegation clause to reduce his wage if they do go down, but he's not going for it.

4 hours ago, nwl fox said:

16 million they paid for that shit, you're clearly not a fan of gray but you're definitely undervaluing him. I'm glad you're not in charge of our transfer business! 

I'm a fan of any players who puts in  the work to improve themselves. He does have talent on the Ball but is very inconsistent.

What do you suggest we do with him.?

1 hour ago, Realjimbo said:

The fee for Bowen looks like its not the issue to me in City signing him, its one of three thing imo, either Nacho's emergence (would JB be better)?

The wage Bowens demanding or BR simply doesn't fancy him.

Bowen would jump at the chance to play here but it looks a dead deal.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Now it  does make you think if Iheanachos rebirth has thrown a spanner in the works somewhat

But they play in different positions - he's a winger - I'd say he's competing for Perez's spot and also maybe Barnes and shifting Perez over (or inside).  Also adds cover at 10 with Madders, Perez etc too 

17 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm a fan of any players who puts in  the work to improve themselves. He does have talent on the Ball but is very inconsistent.

He is probably more capable of being the next Labour leader, he definitely would raise the current standards

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Not flog him for under his market value 

17 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Not flog him for under his market value 

There hasn't even been an inquiry during this Window. Doesn't that give you some indication as to what others think of him. Someone might take a punt on him in the Summer but never at 20 million. 

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

But they play in different positions - he's a winger - I'd say he's competing for Perez's spot and also maybe Barnes and shifting Perez over (or inside).  Also adds cover at 10 with Madders, Perez etc too 

they’d both play front right in a forward 3?

I've been to a few games at the KC this year. I was keeping an eye out for Bowen due to our apparent interest.

He is pretty good going forward, but he NEVER tracks back. He leaves his right back wide open and I think that would put Rodgers would be put off by that. 

Rodgers made a big deal about how hard Perez grafts when he signed him.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

There hasn't even been an inquiry during this Window. Doesn't that give you some indication as to what others think of him. Someone might take a punt on him in the Summer but never at 20 million. 

Sorry didn't realise all the enquiries about player availability came through you! 

16 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I'm sure his determination to fight for the cause and belief in his new team mates will endear him with West Ham Fans.

I wonder it steinberg has the wrong end of the stick ..... other reports were that he was resisting West Ham putting a relegation clause into the contract which would drop his wages 

• Like 1