Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Jarrod Bowen

2 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Must be something our scouts have noticed that's put us off him. Trust them. Hopefully it doesnt bite us.

That's how I feel. We could have him if we wanted him. I think it's a risk not to bid but our guys must not rate him. Our transfer record has been so good of late: guess at the moment we have to trust their judgement . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Not just Palace in for him. Hope we're one of the clubs involved... :fc:

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

If hes genuinely available for 16m it’s a snip 

24 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Must be something our scouts have noticed that's put us off him. Trust them. Hopefully it doesnt bite us.

My take on this is that if he genuinely is available for 16m and he’d consider Palace then if we are interested he’d definitely come to us...

So maybe we are not interested and have different targets we’d feel are a better fit?

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

My take on this is that if he genuinely is available for 16m and he’d consider Palace then if we are interested he’d definitely come to us...

So maybe we are not interested and have different targets we’d feel are a better fit?

I'm sure that's it. I bet there are other players we'd rather get, so would rather save that £16m to go towards them instead in the summer.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

5 million Plus Gray would be decent business for us. We add a proper Winger with Goals. While continuing to add to the squad and get a wage of the payroll.

Gray is clearly not going to deliver any consistency for us.

And gray would be desperate to play in the championship........... not sure you would get a job as his agent .....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

5 million Plus Gray would be decent business for us. We add a proper Winger with Goals. While continuing to add to the squad and get a wage of the payroll.

Literally no guarantee he's going to have any more success in converting his championship goals to Premier league goals so why would we offer Gray PLUS cash when Gray is still widely regarded outside this forum as a good prospect and got called up to the England squad not too long ago?? 

57 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It really wouldn't. Bowen has been touted at around £16m which by your maths would make Gray worth £9m. We could easily get £15-20m for Gray, especially if Bournemouth stay up, Eddie Howe loves wasting money on bang average wingers. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Literally no guarantee he's going to have any more success in converting his championship goals to Premier league goals so why would we offer Gray PLUS cash when Gray is still widely regarded outside this forum as a good prospect and got called up to the England squad not too long ago?? 

There are no Guarantees in Football. You can only judge a player on what you see or what he's done in Matches. In Bowens case he's delivered in a bang average championship team for 3 season now.

In Grays case he's been here 4 seasons and hasn't even managed to grab a place in the team when we're crying out for a winger. Harvey Barnes has come in last season and is showing real progress and

promise and has pretty much nailed down a place.

As to the England connection, I wouldn't put any faith in that. Whens the last time they won anything. That's more about politics than any thing else.

Just how long do you continue to have him hold a place in the squad with little return for it. I'd sooner see one of the development squad given a chance.

12 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It really wouldn't. Bowen has been touted at around £16m which by your maths would make Gray worth £9m. We could easily get £15-20m for Gray, especially if Bournemouth stay up, Eddie Howe loves wasting money on bang average wingers. 

I take your point. I doubt even Howe would even waste 15 to 20 on him. His value has surely plummeted this season give his poor contribution when called upon. 

There was an excuse when he had to compete with Mahrez for the Wing. We're in dire need for a winger and he's a winger yet gets passed over. That tells me that the management don'ttrust or rate him.

Which is why I'd take anything around 10 Million for him and move on.

I’m impressed with the types of goals he scores, he works hard for the team too and has a good ability to run with the ball. I do think he would work for us, Gray’s stays in the championship we’re hardly impressive, Bowen’s on the other hand are. But I’d Rodgers wants to go for a perceived better talent, it will have to wait until the summer! 

Torn on this one.

Whilst I think he could come in and have an impact right now for a relatively low fee, come the end of the season, we will have hopefully qualified for the champions league. All of a sudden we become an even more attractive proposition and can hopefully attract the calibre of wingers that would leave him no way near a starting position. 

Edited by Ross 'LCFC' Turner

3 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Torn on this one.

Whilst I think he could come in and have an impact right now for a relatively low fee, come the end of the season, we will have hopefully qualified for the champions league. All of a sudden we become an even more attractive proposition and can hopefully attract the calibre of wingers that would leave him no way near a starting position. 

On the same note he could be a solid premier league player that gets plenty of time in the league because our newest wingers playing in the champions league? We need more strength in depth out wide. Mahrez hasnt been replaced although I fear we never will as he was amaizing for us! 

50 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

There are no Guarantees in Football. You can only judge a player on what you see or what he's done in Matches. In Bowens case he's delivered in a bang average championship team for 3 season now.

In Grays case he's been here 4 seasons and hasn't even managed to grab a place in the team when we're crying out for a winger. Harvey Barnes has come in last season and is showing real progress and

promise and has pretty much nailed down a place.

As to the England connection, I wouldn't put any faith in that. Whens the last time they won anything. That's more about politics than any thing else.

Just how long do you continue to have him hold a place in the squad with little return for it. I'd sooner see one of the development squad given a chance.

What part of "Gray is never going to agree to go to Hull" have you failed to grasp?

• Haha 3