Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Jarrod Bowen

22 minutes ago, murphy said:

That's a myth.  Ricado took a handful of games, Tielemans and Wilf slotted straight in as did Maddison, Fuchs, Kante, Praet.

Players that don't make it straight away, tend not to overall, like Musa, Inler, Hernandez.  The Vardy comparison is ridiculous, he was palying against the Dog & Duck and then jumped six leagues.  Also he is superhuman.

Hopefully Iheanacho might be the one to buck that trend but he didn't come from a different league.

I will argue that only now Wilf has matured enough. He's always been a spoiler in the middle but we're seeing the benefit of good coaching from him this year. He was always good in the tackle but bordering on terrible in possession, never trusted him on the ball until now.

I still don't think we're seeing the best of Praet either, which is partly down to game time. I genuinely believe he could be a great midfielder. Hard to say that he's already adjusted to the premier league because he has Teilemans ahead of him. Hopefully he'll get some game time over the next few weeks because Teilemans looks like he could benefit from a bit of a rest right now

Iheanacho came from a team that gave him the ball for tap in after tap in and into a team that was in transition where he had to work harder and create his own chances and still hasn't really settled and has suffered with confidence because of never really knowing his place, hopefully, as with Wilf, we see the benefit of a good coach, which we've had flashes of so far this season

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

On 01/01/2020 at 10:33, Silva Fox said:

It'll be interesting to see if he is in the Hull squad today.

10 hours ago, vanity said:

Riyad 2.0. 

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

On 01/01/2020 at 11:33, Steve Earle said:

Edited by majaco
I want to delete the post. I don't know how I put all the stuff in!

3 hours ago, murphy said:

That's a myth.  Ricado took a handful of games, Tielemans and Wilf slotted straight in as did Maddison, Fuchs, Kante, Praet.

Players that don't make it straight away, tend not to overall, like Musa, Inler, Hernandez.  The Vardy comparison is ridiculous, he was palying against the Dog & Duck and then jumped six leagues.  Also he is superhuman.

Hopefully Iheanacho might be the one to buck that trend but he didn't come from a different league.

I don't think it's a myth. Just depends on the individual completely. Probably about 50/50 if you look throughout the whole league 

7 minutes ago, simon789us said:

Think we can and should do better

January window is not about getting the best possible targets.

It's expensive to do business.

It's about trying to get sufficient personel into the squad that can make a difference and also help with fatigued.

Bowen is a great option if we can get him and will only improve also very young.

The summer will be our main window to get the best players we can

35 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

It's about trying to get sufficient personel into the squad that can make a difference and also help with fatigued.

Bowen is a great option if we can get him and will only improve also very young.

This is why teams often don't bother, signing players for the sake of it. Loan deals are the best way forward if we HAVE to bring players in to help out, no point going for someone like Bowen just for 5 months and then fcukin him off for a better long term target.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

This is why teams often don't bother, signing players for the sake of it. Loan deals are the best way forward if we HAVE to bring players in to help out, no point going for someone like Bowen just for 5 months and then fcukin him off for a better long term target.

He he came and kept his scoring form why would you **** him off?

2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Sorry don’t agree if we sign this lad plays hand full of games then we get someone better in summer where does that leave him be another grey in my opinion 

44 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's a winger without pace and there have been literally hundreds of examples of forwards looking the business at that level but struggling in the Premier League with very similar attributes.

Given we're 2nd in the league and 15 points clear of 5th, you'd like to think we could attract players we know will come in and make an immediate impact. We're not in the same position where we were needing to gamble. We have the finances, we have the attraction of league position and world class facilities. Lets ****ing do it. Make a statement.

He strikes me as essentially being the winger version of Jordan Rhodes. Much rather we brought someone in who can carry the ball and reliably beat a man. I'd be happy to take a punt if we were looking for a rotation option to fill out the squad but like you say, I would hope we can aim a bit higher

2 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

I dont understand why everyone is so against this. We have a good recent record of picking up quality players from Lower leagues. Maddison, Maguire (albeit for a 2 years) Justin looks like he's going to be a quality signing too.

didn’t we sign  Maguire after he played in the prem the season before?

4 hours ago, Fox85 said:

He he came and kept his scoring form why would you **** him off?

Well that's not what you said, you said January isnt a time to get the best players but just players to tie us over. So if he came in and was average he'd quickly be surplus to requirements? No point.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

He's a winger without pace and there have been literally hundreds of examples of forwards looking the business at that level but struggling in the Premier League with very similar attributes.

Given we're 2nd in the league and 15 points clear of 5th, you'd like to think we could attract players we know will come in and make an immediate impact. We're not in the same position where we were needing to gamble. We have the finances, we have the attraction of league position and world class facilities. Lets ****ing do it. Make a statement.

Steve Guppy didn’t have an abundance of pace, but had a knack of creating space in front of a defender, and delivering. Someone like Anthony Knockaert, had skill, but couldn’t pull away from his man, to make any space, due to him being so slow. But, I think Jarrod Bowen has got much more to his game. It’s not too much of a gamble in my view.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

I dont understand why everyone is so against this. We have a good recent record of picking up quality players from Lower leagues. Maddison, Maguire (albeit for a 2 years) Justin looks like he's going to be a quality signing too.

Because people automatically believe that because we are second in the league we should be targeting the Creme Dela creme. They forget we are Leicester city. Yes we are playing amazing football and one of the best set ups in the league ... We don’t have the pedigree of some of the more elite clubs in Europe and we won’t attract top top players without completely breaking the ethos of the club and the budget. 

If we want elite players they will want elite wages. Why come here when you can go to London, Manchester, Liverpool and that’s but a few. 

They probably said it about players like Madders and big Soy. Maybe not delusions of grandeur but certainly some of our fans are getting a little big for their boots. We have had major major success with younger signings, maybe have a little faith. 

‘Elite’ signings we’ve made over recent periods ... Slimani, Musa, Silva all worked out real well. 

Compare that to our younger signings as walshy5 highlights. 

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Because people automatically believe that because we are second in the league we should be targeting the Creme Dela creme. They forget we are Leicester city. Yes we are playing amazing football and one of the best set ups in the league ... We don’t have the pedigree of some of the more elite clubs in Europe and we won’t attract top top players without completely breaking the ethos of the club and the budget. 

If we want elite players they will want elite wages. Why come here when you can go to London, Manchester, Liverpool and that’s but a few. 

They probably said it about players like Madders and big Soy. Maybe not delusions of grandeur but certainly some of our fans are getting a little big for their boots. We have had major major success with younger signings, maybe have a little faith. 

‘Elite’ signings we’ve made over recent periods ... Slimani, Musa, Silva all worked out real well. 

Compare that to our younger signings as walshy5 highlights. 

I said similar aswell. 

From the high lights video, all I could think of was, they wasted 25 seconds of just showing him, he'd get suckered in for fouls and cards, nothing eye opening watching this at all.

Might as well save the money on this one if we were ever interested.

On 02/01/2020 at 09:44, murphy said:

Think we've been lucky, Wenger reckoned it took a season for players to aclimatise.

We train in a completely different way to the majority of sides, so new country, new language, new training regime, faster and more physical style of football.

All of the above probably means that most players don't fit the ground running.