Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Jarrod Bowen

29 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Bergwijn, Dani Olmo (more of ACM), Yannick Carrasco, Suso, Jarrod Bowen all moved this window. We know we made a bid for Bergwijn so it's not a case of not being interested in wingers, but we after the right one. 

At the end of the season Ryan Fraser and Felipe Anderson could be available. Possibly even Grealish, Buendia and Cantwell. In Europe you've also Hwang Hee Chan and if we want to get caught up in transfers that won't happen, Neves could well be sold in the summer too.

I am personally clinging to the hope that we are looking for the right player instead of rushing into bad purchases, which I think is the correct way to do things. 

To add to that, how many of Bergwijn, Dani Olmo (more of ACM), Yannick Carrasco, Suso, Jarrod Bowen, would choose to come here, we are still behind the likes of Spurs, A Madrid and Seville in terms of pulling power, I suspected the only two we could of had a realistic chance of getting were Olmo and Bowen.

I also don't think we will spend as much as people think, we are investing around 25m net spend into the squad each season, I can't see that changing much, maybe the odd spike in the season we get in Europe.  

Edited by coolhandfox

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To add to that, how many of Bergwijn, Dani Olmo (more of ACM), Yannick Carrasco, Suso, Jarrod Bowen, would choose to come here, we are still behind the likes of Spurs, A Madrid and Seville in terms of pulling power, I suspected the only two we could of had a realistic chance of getting were Olmo and Bowen.

I also don't think we will spend as much as people think, we investing around 25m net spend into the squad each season, I can't see that changing much.  

I don't think we are behind Sevilla any longer, they have taken a real pasting in recent years in their stature as a club.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think we are behind Sevilla any longer, they have taken a real pasting in recent years in their stature as a club.

You more than likely right, but players like Yannick Carrasco, Suso,would probably still choose a half decent Spanish club over us, a bit like a Bowen would probably choose a PL team over a half decent Spanish team.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sevilla have not performed as well in Europe, but they did have an exceptional period which I think they did pretty well to maintain.

They're currently 3rd in a reasonably competitive La Liga so think that will still have a pull for players, in particular the likes of Carrasco and Suso. Any adjustment would be minimal compared to coming over here.

We’re on a very good upward curve though. On Bowen, there must be something that puts clubs off considering he has not left Hull yet and only the likes of Palace and West Ham are interested. I’m surprised a club hasn’t formally gone in for him before and the sums that have been quoted. Something can’t be right medically or mentally regarding the player.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

When you put it like that, we really have given ourselves a commanding lead. I don't know why i'm so nervous.

In last five games, we've still got more points than the rest of the chasing pack. I took a look at the fixtures, Wolves will be the emerging danger of any of them over the next two months. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

In last five games, we've still got more points than the rest of the chasing pack. I took a look at the fixtures, Wolves will be the emerging danger of any of them over the next two months. 

I've got a feeling Wolves will run out of steam, they have played a hell of a lot of games, its going to catch up at some point. 

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

If we hit relegation form at 1pt per game, we will take 14pts, that added to our 14pts lead give us 28pts, that requires Man U or Wolves to win 9 and draw 1 out of 14 to just get level. In those 8 games we took 1.25pts per game which if we did the same in the last 14 would see us collect 17pts. 

In the last five games;

Man U  6pts,                  1.2 pts per game

Wolves 4pts                   0.8 pts per game 

Spurs   5pts.                   1    pts per game

LCFC 9pts                      1.8pts per game 

Important post. This is why I'm comfortable with our recent 'drop' in form as well as the supposed lack of activity in January. This squad has done wonders for us so far this season and it would be very difficult for us to fall out of the top 4 now. We definitely need a top defender and probably a class defender too, but January is a very difficult time to make those sorts of signings, despite us having a decent track record of it.

That being said, this summer, like every other summer recently, will be crucial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I've no idea but it was a waste of money by the look of it. 

16 million they paid for that shit, you're clearly not a fan of gray but you're definitely undervaluing him. I'm glad you're not in charge of our transfer business! 

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

If we hit relegation form at 1pt per game, we will take 14pts, that added to our 14pts lead give us 28pts, that requires Man U or Wolves to win 9 and draw 1 out of 14 to just get level. In those 8 games we took 1.25pts per game which if we did the same in the last 14 would see us collect 17pts. 

In the last five games;

Man U  6pts,                  1.2 pts per game

Wolves 4pts                   0.8 pts per game 

Spurs   5pts.                   1    pts per game

LCFC 9pts                      1.8pts per game 

I think the club realises this too hence the quite window.

• Like 1

Talks are stalling......

BOWEN TO WEST HAM STALLS

The Deadline Day deal for Jarrod Bowen to join West Ham has stalled – over personal terms.

The Hull City attacking midfielder has been offered a 5 and a half year deal – with a £20m fee agreed between the clubs.

Bowen had been asking for around £60k-a-week.

His medical is continuing and there’s still a hope that a deal on wages can be agreed.

1 minute ago, Guzzgog said:

Talks are stalling......

BOWEN TO WEST HAM STALLS

The Deadline Day deal for Jarrod Bowen to join West Ham has stalled – over personal terms.

The Hull City attacking midfielder has been offered a 5 and a half year deal – with a £20m fee agreed between the clubs.

His medical is continuing and there’s still a hope that a deal on wages can be agreed.

I think Palace will have come back in.

Either that or we have ;)lol 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We should get involved

I'd take Bowen for 16-18m for sure.

In the modern world a fairly low risk investment for a player who is young and talented with bags of potential too.

Loads of clubs have looked at him but this is the first window Hull have had one bid.

Maybe they see a flaw in him. Strange one.

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'd take Bowen for 16-18m for sure.

In the modern world a fairly low risk investment for a player who is young and talented with bags of potential too.

Loads of clubs have looked at him but this is the first window Hull have had one bid.

Maybe they see a flaw in him. Strange one.

Is he the kind of player who will go past players on his own with pace or get into positions through link up play?

Could be they just see him as just to similar to Perez

1 hour ago, Guzzgog said:

Talks are stalling......

BOWEN TO WEST HAM STALLS

Unless i’ve missed something, £60k-a-week, for 5+ years doesn’t sound an awful lot to me. 

The fee for Bowen looks like its not the issue to me in City signing him, its one of three thing imo, either Nacho's emergence (would JB be better)?

The wage Bowens demanding or BR simply doesn't fancy him.

Bowen would jump at the chance to play here but it looks a dead deal.

2 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

The fee for Bowen looks like its not the issue to me in City signing him, its one of three thing imo, either Nacho's emergence (would JB be better)?

The wage Bowens demanding or BR simply doesn't fancy him.

Bowen would jump at the chance to play here but it looks a dead deal.

Now it  does make you think if Iheanachos rebirth has thrown a spanner in the works somewhat

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1