Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Jarrod Bowen

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Because, as I said, he's good with the ball at his feet. One thing I will say about his is that he is a terrific dribbler of the football and he's deceptively quick. But his game without the ball is what needs work and that isn't a confidence issue, it's all about footballing intelligence 

I don’t think it’s about his footballing intelligence, it’s more about him gaining the experience by playing in the most competitive league in the world.

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd say the one thing we could do with more of, is pace. We've a plethora of technical players like Maddison, Tielemans, Praet, Perez etc but bar Vardy and Gray there's little pace in the final third. Barnes has a good turn of pace but he's not rapid and I think we need someone like Neres or Chukwueze who combine pace and skill. Bowne for all his strengths is not quick by any stretch.

Speed and natural finishing ability. The Holy Grail. I'm beginning to think that there's only one way to bag this endangered species at our price point and position.

Development of the type of players you mention and that takes time and patience. Or Cloning perhaps.

We could take Bowen's finishing/positioning instinct and Nere's supreme dribbling, speed and open field telepathy put them togather and walah.... There it is.

Either way I doubt that any of the players that you mention would hit the ground running. Going to need time to handle the physicality of the PL.

Neres knee injury :(

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd say the one thing we could do with more of, is pace. We've a plethora of technical players like Maddison, Tielemans, Praet, Perez etc but bar Vardy and Gray there's little pace in the final third. Barnes has a good turn of pace but he's not rapid and I think we need someone like Neres or Chukwueze who combine pace and skill. Bowne for all his strengths is not quick by any stretch.

Agree completely. We should be bringing in some more pace up top. I’d love Neres or Bergwijn to come in as another wide goal threat to help stretch the game more

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Gerard Deulofeu would be a good bet.

I asked Nige about this and he told me to FOAD, not sure what he meant, but assumed it was a football manager type thing :dunno:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Gerard Deulofeu would be a good bet.

1. No way they'd sell. 

2. Probably the most frustrating, inconsistent player in the league. He's obviously capable of brilliance but he's equally capable of being absolute dog shite. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I've run out of reps but I totally agree. Not sure when it happened but for some reason people seem to have very little patience for young players these days.

... bit of an over simplification I think!! 

We have seen him perform in front of goal, admittedly in a lower division, but he has made the runs and taken the opportunity to score on a regular basis. 

Personally I feel he tries to take the leather off the ball instead of placement with less power. He has had countless chances to score but has failed to do so, we all want him to succeed but in front of goal he is going through the motions. He probably thinks that If he leathers it at goal at least he tried, taking the pace off and going for placement requires that split second more and I think he does not believe at this level that he has the time. A sort of confirmation bias on Harvey's part, "I didn't score because it is harder to score in the Premiership". He has got this opportunity on merit and it is about time he realise that he is good enough to be where he is!! 

10 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

It takes even top players a season to adjust to a higher quality league. Vardy took a season. Barnes will benefit from this season. Next season we’ll see what he’s capable of. Gray finally coming good too. 

True, but we'll have an extra 6+ games next season (depending on where we finish). Add to that an ageing Albrighton and the lack of quality in our wingers anyway so far this season and we definitely could use a winger! Bowen is pulling up trees in a very average Hull team.

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

True, but we'll have an extra 6+ games next season (depending on where we finish). Add to that an ageing Albrighton and the lack of quality in our wingers anyway so far this season and we definitely could use a winger! Bowen is pulling up trees in a very average Hull team.

Bowen would absolutly be a fantastic signing.

We should look to buy him from Hull but loan him back there until the end of the season.

1. Continue his development.

2. The price would be less.

3. Higher chance of signing him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fox85 said:

YET!!

This is word that while a understanding of development is great it's also a word on whether or not you risk the clubs ambitions for champions league football.

Is Barnes a good player? Absolutely he has proven he is, I just think he lacks huge confidence in front of goal, something that can cost us dearly in the run in.

But in reality we need a huge upgrade in firepower with regards to a winger who knows how to hit the back of the net on a regular basis whether that's Perez who takes the hit or barnes.

Perez needs room to play centrally to be effective. Replace him. Use him as a back-up striker or move him. He should find PT next season, but he won't be a starter for awhile, if ever. 

Re what you said, sure, it can cost us in the long-run. But it is unlikely to hurt us this season. Barnes just turned 22 in December. It is Rodgers' job to find him the opportunities that get him the confidence he needs. Letting him play a good 60 min in the FA opener makes a lot of sense to me, especially if it is without Vardy. I think Vardy is holding our wings back a bit, they look for him at every opportunity, we looked more balanced in the attack today I thought, more of a team attack vs. an attack led by Vardy. Just the way it goes when you have such a productive striker, other top scorers like Harry Kane undoubtedly have held down their teammates' scoring when similarly prolific. Right now, we should be playing Barnes and trying to get him some goals. We aren't going big for a wing until the summer in any event (if even then -- don't get me wqrong, I think that is the best place to spend out money).

On this reel, he looks impressive.  Looks like he has football intelligence.  He's not rapid but not slow.  When losing a foot race looms like he makes good decisions.  Looks like he has a defensive side to his game.

If he arrives, I guess it would be the end for one of our current wingers.  

48 minutes ago, majaco said:

On this reel, he looks impressive.  Looks like he has football intelligence.  He's not rapid but not slow.  When losing a foot race looms like he makes good decisions.  Looks like he has a defensive side to his game.

If he arrives, I guess it would be the end for one of our current wingers.  

Sadly it would be Gray, IMO. Despite an upturn in form this season under Rodgers he’s been with us for 5 seasons and way too inconsistent in that time. I’ve made a case loads of times on here for him not having stable coaching in that time and also his assist figures being skewered, but it just feels like this is his last chance this season. 

If Bowen arrived it would be interesting to see him, Barnes and Gray properly challenge each other for a spot especially with the Euros coming up. Long shot with the quality England have there but that’s some motivation.  

14 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

It takes even top players a season to adjust to a higher quality league. Vardy took a season. Barnes will benefit from this season. Next season we’ll see what he’s capable of. Gray finally coming good too. 

That's a myth.  Ricado took a handful of games, Tielemans and Wilf slotted straight in as did Maddison, Fuchs, Kante, Praet.

Players that don't make it straight away, tend not to overall, like Musa, Inler, Hernandez.  The Vardy comparison is ridiculous, he was palying against the Dog & Duck and then jumped six leagues.  Also he is superhuman.

Hopefully Iheanacho might be the one to buck that trend but he didn't come from a different league.