Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Ndidi to Arsenal!

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Remember when they bid a £30,000,001 for Luis Suarez lol 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It was 40 .......

Still not sure what was wrong with their bid and why Liverpool were able to reject it? If they met the release clause with their bid then why should they bid any more?

39 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Still not sure what was wrong with their bid and why Liverpool were able to reject it? If they met the release clause with their bid then why should they bid any more?

Liverpool just rejected it and upset the player .... I think (I might be wrong) that Liverpool made it clear to the player and his reps that they would let him leave the following summer to a European club .... they didn’t want to sell him to another prem club ! 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Liverpool just rejected it and upset the player .... I think (I might be wrong) that Liverpool made it clear to the player and his reps that they would let him leave the following summer to a European club .... they didn’t want to sell him to another prem club ! 

Yes that's how I remember it too but not sure what gave Liverpool the right to reject the bid if the release clause had been met. Maybe Saurez was not interested in a move to Arsenal.

Similar to when Arsenal wanted Vardy in 2016 and as they met the release clause value, if Vardy had wanted to go we would not be able to reject the bid.

9 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Yes that's how I remember it too but not sure what gave Liverpool the right to reject the bid if the release clause had been met. Maybe Saurez was not interested in a move to Arsenal.

Similar to when Arsenal wanted Vardy in 2016 and as they met the release clause value, if Vardy had wanted to go we would not be able to reject the bid.

Done some digging .... wasn’t a buyout clause .... simply meant that Liverpool were obliged to open negotiations...... they just refused the offer and closed it down. Arsenal had made that bid to open negs but the tactic backfired ....

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Done some digging .... wasn’t a buyout clause .... simply meant that Liverpool were obliged to open negotiations...... they just refused the offer and closed it down. Arsenal had made that bid to open negs but the tactic backfired ....

It was my understanding that after a set amount they merely needed to inform the player of interest. 

Whichever way it was such shithousery that Liverpool were well within their rights to tell them to do one. 

Imagine if Arsenal hadn't been so flippant. Suarez would've suited them and surely would've seen that as a tempting move. 

Just now, foxile5 said:

It was my understanding that after a set amount they merely needed to inform the player of interest. 

Whichever way it was such shithousery that Liverpool were well within their rights to tell them to do one. 

Imagine if Arsenal hadn't been so flippant. Suarez would've suited them and surely would've seen that as a tempting move. 

Yes .....  ‘opening negs’ is very vague. They informed the player they had received a bid and rejected it .... they could argue that rejecting the bid was negotiating ! 

On 21/12/2019 at 14:50, Dorkingfox said:

A Chelsea supporter posted

Vesper: We should just buy Leicester and liquidate the team, keep Kasper Schmeichel, Caglar Söyüncü, Ben Chilwell, Ricardo Pereira, Wilfred Ndidi, Youri Tielemans, James Maddison and Jamie Vardy

Despite the king power group being valued at 7 billion 

He might well fancy it to be honest. Arsenal are a very big club in Africa and we need to recognise a lot of these foriegn lads dream of playing for the 'big' London clubs. Don't be surprised if he's gone by the summer. He's absolutely brilliant and would improve about any team in the world. 

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, ronnup said:

He might well fancy it to be honest. Arsenal are a very big club in Africa and we need to recognise a lot of these foriegn lads dream of playing for the 'big' London clubs. Don't be surprised if he's gone by the summer. He's absolutely brilliant and would improve about any team in the world. 

He's also got 4.5 years left on his contract so if he does leave then the club will be calling the shots. 

43 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Are you his agent?

• Haha 1