Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

King Power Stadium Set For Spectacular Light Show

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Modern football is changing and to be honest its not as bad as some fans make it out. 

I would like to have atmosphere... It doesn't have to be flattened by over loud music. Might improve the performance on the pitch. Do they have these lightshows at other stadiums belonging to teams near us at the top of the Premier League?

2 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

I would like to have atmosphere... It doesn't have to be flattened by over loud music. Might improve the performance on the pitch. Do they have these lightshows at other stadiums belonging to teams near us at the top of the Premier League?

Chelsea have one tbf. But then you could argue they aren't near the top :dunno:

Just now, LaCiudad said:

Man City do similar (ok not a big) with their evening games for blue moon they have for a few years. 

There is never an atmosphere before the kick off - nothing to shout home about anyway and a lightshow hasnt changed that. After the stadium went into darkness with the foxes eye against Liverpool it was probably the loudest cheers we have had in the KP for a few years and the first few minutes it carried on. 

Those saying shut up and enjoy it are missing the point, the complaints aren't aimed at having a light show, if done well it could improve the atmosphere (A la Man Citys blue moon). It's just the fact ours is shite.

You're at a sporting arena, its meant to be intimidating, you're going into battle... and then the Greatest Showman starts playing and drowns out any chanting. Like I say, the montage with the foxes eyes is the good part for me. Everything before can get in the bin. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The mad thing is kids love genuine proper football atmospheres. That's what got me hooked.

Kids these days 'seem' different. They lap up stuff like fan cam and having their 15 seconds of fame. 

I'm with you in that the vibe and feeling in the stadium got me attached and addicted. 

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The mad thing is kids love genuine proper football atmospheres. That's what got me hooked.

Likewise. Got took in the Carling Stand upper when I was a kid and I had a couple of blokes behind me who used to swear at everything all game. Used to go with my Mum at that age and she overheard them say "ah we can't swear today the kids here" and she turns round and says "nah he loves it" lol it didn't put me off put it that way.

The point regarding appealing to kids doesn't stand up in my opinion. Yeah clappers, light shows and fan cam might appeal to 8/9 year olds but not to 16/17 year olds, which is a key time when their parents might stop taking them and they have other things going on like work or college/Uni whatever, and they might have to start spending their own money to go to games. If it's perceived as naff from that age group and we lose a lot of them becasue there's nothing for them to move onto after the kiddie stuff then it was pointless in the first place.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

They need to change the photos on they have before the foxes eyes too. Make it so it’s only moments of real glory for the club and not the likes of Nugent and Steve Howard. Cup finals, European nights and the Premier League winning season only please.

Nah I'm happy for having those players on. Important not to forget the contribution they made in helping us recover after relegation. Nugent especially in the Championship season. 

Think it's quite ignorant to just bin them off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

They need to change the photos on they have before the foxes eyes too. Make it so it’s only moments of real glory for the club and not the likes of Nugent and Steve Howard. Cup finals, European nights and the Premier League winning season only please.

That count down to kick off thing is brilliant I think,

Hearing the roar when the foxes eyes appear on the screen gives me goosebumps 

• Like 2