Sign in to follow this  
davieG

King Power Stadium Set For Spectacular Light Show

Why do they feel the need to blast that awful song before every game, can hardly hear myself think ffs.

• Like 1

It loses its impact when the lights are illuminating those who are still working on the pitch, doing whatever they are doing. The Greatest Showman music has no connection to the occasion or the club. It's a feeble attempt at a proper light show when it's basically only the floodlights being switched on and off or faded in unison.

However, the combination of complete darkness with the video montage and the lead up to the fox eyes does work well.

• Like 3

I don't like to be negative, but it is crap.... and a bit too Disney for my liking, we're a football club, about to play a semi final, not a Barney the dinosaur fan club...... and that song.... it is horrendous.......   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What happened to the spectacular light show? Saw the flood lights flashing a bit but nothing special. If that was it, we need to bin that right off asap.

It’s great that the club are looking at different avenues and ideas that help enhance the match day experience at the King Power. You do get the sense that the hierarchy want to try and match the bigger clubs/stadiums in the division and what they can offer their supporters- and what financial rewards that can bring in.

However, this ‘light show’ is a bit cheap and not original now either. I remember seeing it at Hull away (?) in the league cup 2/3 years ago and found it rubbish then. 

Would much rather them do a display or work further with Union FS to produce something a bit more original and meaningful to the club for possibly a very similar cost.

Not a fan of the music, that needs sorting 

The floodlights flashing a bit isn't a light show and if they're going to do it then get some lasers and stuff including fire and fireworks 

If you insist of being American pre match then at least go all out 

The pre match montage and foxes eye in darkness is quality though 

It's a family show for families, because families are seemingly their priority.

JM and BC banter, Greatest Showman, "exciting" flickering lights. Pure light enterainment. 

4 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

JM and BC banter, Greatest Showman, "exciting" flickering lights. Pure light enterainment. 

Exactly this. It’s mainly aimed at the youngsters in the ground after all they are the future fans of the club going forward 

if you dont like or rate the lights and music stay in the concourse and have another Chang or sausage roll 👍

Nice idea. I can see why it would appeal to the young kids who go to the football but in all honesty after seeing it for the first time It was underwhelming. For some reason I was expecting it to be a bit more dramatic (darker for longer periods etc) 

In my opinion the music that accompanies it should change if they persist with it. Tone down the music and have something the crowd can at least join in with. 

This has been said for years I know but it really does not help that music is blasted out so loud before kick off that A- you cant build up an atmosphere and B- even speak to the person standing next to you. Its crazy how loud the music is blasted out. 

All people can do is moan an complain, if its not for you then fine, let the kids enjoy it, im oblivious to it, plenty of other thing to watch or do, have a chat with other fans, watch the tvs, have a pint, enjoy your night, STOP MOANING.:beer::scarf::please:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

I guess a lap dancing show is out of the equation then ! 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

If we do it again in the future (which we will, they’ve been installed for a reason) then for me I’d change the music 100% and make it shorter. 15 minutes is too long. Kasabian’s Club Foot would be much better, damn sight more edge to it and local influence as well. Agree that the bit just before kick off is fantastic, the fox eyes in the dark then the lights coming up definitely works 

1 hour ago, crazies said:

Exactly this. It’s mainly aimed at the youngsters in the ground after all they are the future fans of the club going forward 

if you dont like or rate the lights and music stay in the concourse and have another Chang or sausage roll 👍

Its aimed at the deaf none epileptic teetotal none pork eating simpletons

Atmosphere.  It kills the atmosphere stone dead ?? After the clappers after the no standing after the same shite dated songs week after week after the sections of the crowd sip tea and eat nibbles throughout and the lights kill the atmosphere stone dead. Hmmm ok 

like I said if it’s not for you turn up 2 mins before KO that way it won’t bother you all 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

All people can do is moan an complain, if its not for you then fine, let the kids enjoy it, im oblivious to it, plenty of other thing to watch or do, have a chat with other fans, watch the tvs, have a pint, enjoy your night, STOP MOANING.:beer::scarf::please:

Atmosphere's important. It's constructive to a better atmosphere to bin the light show. Hopefully, a better atmosphere would support better performances.

3 minutes ago, crazies said:

Atmosphere.  It kills the atmosphere stone dead ?? After the clappers after the no standing after the same shite dated songs week after week after the sections of the crowd sip tea and eat nibbles throughout and the lights kill the atmosphere stone dead. Hmmm ok 

like I said if it’s not for you turn up 2 mins before KO that way it won’t bother you all 

It's not the sole contributing factor to the dead atmosphere- just another nail in the coffin. 

• Like 3

I dont mind the light show but the music just drowns out any chanting done by fans to build up atmosphere before the game. Just before the greatest show started the Villa fans where chanting and SK1 was chanting back, getting louder and louder and started to feel like a special game, then the song came on and the atmosphere died while everyone stood around watching the lights and listening to the music as you couldn't do anything else.

As some others have said scrap the greatest show as it is too long, I'd even say cut the part just before the players come out where it is just the foxes eyes or keep it to 30 seconds. Then do the flashing lights for the slideshow montage with the heartbeats. This will be much shorter so any chanting isn't interupted for too long and doesn't feel like your standing around waiting for the players to come out for 5 minutes with stupidly loud music playing.

• Like 1

I agree with all you have said.  It’s too loud too long and basically TAT. They have a new toy and they like to play with it. Roll on when it’s lighter from March   They can’t do it then 👍

5 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

I dont mind the light show but the music just drowns out any chanting done by fans to build up atmosphere before the game. Just before the greatest show started the Villa fans where chanting and SK1 was chanting back, getting louder and louder and started to feel like a special game, then the song came on and the atmosphere died while everyone stood around watching the lights and listening to the music as you couldn't do anything else.

As some others have said scrap the greatest show as it is too long, I'd even say cut the part just before the players come out where it is just the foxes eyes or keep it to 30 seconds. Then do the flashing lights for the slideshow montage with the heartbeats. This will be much shorter so any chanting isn't interupted for too long and doesn't feel like your standing around waiting for the players to come out for 5 minutes with stupidly loud music playing.

Have a light show 15 mins before kick off for 5 mins if you must, then get rid.

Agree the music is awful.

Edited by LaCiudad

For what its worth this is what i would do....

- The Greatest Show montage has been used most of the season just without the lights - go back to that or change to a song that relates to the club (Kasabian, Easy Life etc.) 

- The montage of the goals / moments throughout the year - love the music they have added to that, works well with the lights, just black out all of the advertising leaving the foxes eyes or even some kind of foxes hunting its prey something a bit darker...

- The 'Heartbeat' stills works leave as is. 

Modern football is changing and to be honest its not as bad as some fans make it out. 

• Sad 1