Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Post Match Thread

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Squabbling over penalties is what poorly managed clubs like Man United do.

Not squabbling about, but surely they know he isn't the best one to take a peno. 

Very solid performance by the cup side, and a much-needed three points.  West Ham look thoroughly disinterested but still, they have skill players (especially Anderson).  If anything this proves we should have been rotating players more, because the B-team did very decently given the chance.

Justin looks a real player to me.  He's a keeper.

3 hours ago, Cujek said:

Not squabbling about, but surely they know he isn't the best one to take a peno. 

What is with you folks?  The players do not play Rock Paper Scissors to decide who takes a pen.  Rodgers confirmed, it was his call, as it properly should be.  He might or might not make the same call in future, but he’s not so scattershot as to leave it to chance.

7 hours ago, Lionator said:

The penalty really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. He took his other major chance which more than made up for it!

Maybe this proves that we are deserving of our position and that actually Liverpool and Man City are simply exceptional football teams who we just cannot financially compete with from top to bottom. 

Be patient . Our time is coming.

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Please... join me in a quick wander through the first few pages of the match thread....

Quote....

We're totally screwed. 3 straight defeats over Xmas almost certainly now. That is such an old, slow team. Other teams, including Everton, who have played the same number of games as us, have made 5 or 6 changes. We played a stronger team v Burton in the League Cup. 

Shocking team 

Seriously don't think that team would beat Wigan. 

Hope the magic of the gods can help us today because that line up is shocking 

That's a shocker. Game chucked before we start. 

He has lost his mind what the **** is that

Cannot see anything but a defeat with this lineup. Pretty shocking to be honest and makes zero sense. 

Stuck 20 quid on west ham

One way to throw away your Champions league positions. What a load of crap. Not even going to bother finding a stream to watch that shite. Will just get pissed instead

Rodgers is a moron.

image.png.0729ab1502bc1324deef4886a77149c4.png

It’s bloody shocking, and sickening really how little faith people have in the man who has been appointed and has us 2nd in the league. We’ve had a fab 10 months with BR, and these guys need to keep (show) the faith!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We want him (and Gray) to show it more often, which is a totally fair statement to make as both are capable of it. Perez was much better all round today and on top of his two assists, I felt he stayed on his feet a lot more often and tried to get involved more often, and was a bit unlucky to get hooked. Gray also was way more involved and lots of pieces of good play throughout the game. I think what was good about both today is that they both tried to make things happen, and even if it didn't come off, they kept going and trying it.

Gray should really score a lot more of this type of goal. He is very fast and gets into good positions. This type of finish shows you don't even need to be incredible at finishing, just bend your body shape the right way and it's almost impossible to save. Thierry Henry made a living from that type of finish!

Reminded me so much of Raheem Sterling when he took that goal.

I might be crazy but I don't give a fvck. That has to be my favorite match since I started following you guys in February. 

Never have I been so inspired than I was by the way our club came out and played tonight. I admit I had my doubts when I saw the team sheet but knew Rodgers had

to do what he did because of possible injuries. Don't want to get behind the eight ball of injuries piling up during the Holidays.

Those guys came out and put on an incredible show. Every single one of them Right from the start. The intensity and tempo of our passing and pressing blew me away.

Those who think West Ham didn't come to play are full of shit. We beat them down from one end of the field to the other. Our defence was so good. Just kept on getting that ball back.

God I needed to see that. Reinforced what I always knew. Rodgers is building Leicester City to be a Champions League football club. Its just going to take time and patience

So happy to feel the juice again.

Edited by SO1

I was keeping in touch with the game whilst out yesterday and it pretty much went like this....

5.30pm - I thought we would rest a couple but NINE! WTF! Mendy???

Missed Penalty -Oh FFS Demarai!!

Goal - Get in!!

Equaliser -  Oh that's just typical!!

Goal - Go on Demarai, great finish! :D

I was having an early dinner but saw the last 20 minutes before going into the cinema and whilst I know West Ham have been poor it seems that those who came in stepped up to the plate. :appl:

"A Game which will live in Infamy"

General Brendan Rodgers Dec 2019.

Has to be the strangest Leicester game I've watched in a long time.

Are we through to the next round or or was this an end to a great pre-season? that's how I felt throughout, I half expected the game to go to pens if West Ham equalised. 

I think the actual critical concern in the team selection was justified, not the panic, but the real considered concern.

However when some posters, quite rightly, pointed out that this had been planned and trained for, I relaxed a little.

I guess, no amount of training could have prepared us for the Man City + Liverpool dominance, but bizarrely this one paid off. 

Incredible work by the team and coaching staff.

I did wonder before the game who'd be taking the pens and was surprised when Gray stepped up, hmmmm he made amends though. 

I think most of us agree, it's such a pleasure to have Hamza on the pitch, he did so much work and did have the midfield sewn up. He wasn't playing like Ndidi and if he can bring back that forward play more and more he will be starting more. 

Evans was MOTM for me, once again he had the defence well organised and contained and cut out quite a bit of West Ham's attacks. 

Albrighton gave the ball away too many times but was made to look like an amateur by Schmeichel, he was quite incredible at giving away the possession, is he aware ball boys don't play for us? 

I'm not sure who will retain their places after this, but I'd say Hamza, Justin, Gray and Iheanacho would make the strongest claims. I consider Perez a starter. 

Guest Markyblue
12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We beat Southampton 9-0 lol

We did but sometimes that kind of result galvanises a team , i see Southampton staying up.

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Oh yeah I agree but the post reads as if they were the worst against us 

For what it's worth i see norwich villa and Bournemouth going.

I had Fuchs down to take the pen too.But I'm not the manager

Newcastle looked very average today entirely beatable with a freshish team.

Key things are we have got Liverpool out the way twice now ,Wolves did us a favour and a really important win leaves us in a great position