Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Post Match Thread

26 minutes ago, Goober said:

Doubt it. Fresh legs for us made a huge difference tonight. Looked far sharper and snappier than them across the pitch

Hard with them could be fatigue, or the fact the fact they are just abysmal in general. Fresh legs definitely worked in our favour.

Think you’ve sort of missed the tone of the post though. If we’d of picked another game to rest our main players they obviously they would have been fresh today, the point being made is we picked the right time to give our big players a rest and still not suffer results wise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Or also, maybe BR knows how to pick a team and sort tactics, better than foxes talk armchair football manager 'experts' 

Well he certainly knows better than me that's for sure!

Really thought it was too many changes and very pleased to be proved an utter idiot.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You're actually gonna question the loyalty of fans who sh@t it when we put out one of the worst teams we have available to us when we only JUST managed to get away with it against a team near the foot of the table who rested 7 players themselves? Get a grip. 

Only just? We were way better than them. Did you watch the game? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’m a bit perplexed as to what the fuss was all about to be honest.

Don't get me wrong it was far from a brilliant performance and had our first team been out there tonight West Ham would probably of been out on the pitch picking their teeth up till midnight as they were shite, but what do you expect? 

We can’t put the same IX out every single week, if he’d written off the city or Liverpool game there’d of been up roar, if he’d written off the league cup there’d of been up roar. He planned the best time to make the changes, has delivered 3 points, job done. Have a bit of faith in the squad and manager.

Couldn't agree more. I was suggesting that some had been a bit hasty. I actually felt it was necessary.

Just to prove I'm not lying....!

20191228_202319.thumb.jpg.15315e8efc0918824aabdb028ab4860a.jpg20191228_202336.thumb.jpg.b593b20b9cfe2ff83e682c3310beee8d.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I take it all back - Brendan is a genius - biggest win of the season

They needed a good response after the last two - otherwise you start thinking 'slump'.  The guys who played really stepped up. Brendan certainly pushed the right buttons today.

Evans MOTM for me, Wes had a few scares but Evans had an immense game, didnt put a foot wrong.

Mendy did, nothing as far as i could see?

JJ is going to be a proper player, looks like a steal what we got him for.

I can not believe Gray took that pen, i knew he was gonna miss it when he stepped and for god sake man CHEER THE **** UP A BIT.

Iheanacho put in a solid but unremarkable performance, took his goal well.

Albrighton was good, he was close to my MOTM but Evans just snook it.

the rest of em did was needed, well done all involved.

oh yeah and West Ham are shit.

I want them, Bournmouth and Villa to go down.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

If anyone can seriously sit there and suggest they looked at that team and weren't the slightest bit concerned, then they are on another planet. lol

Alls well that ends well and the gamble paid off handsomely. 

6 of the same team that started at Newport (a mid-table League Two side) a year ago - apparently that was Puel disrespecting the cup but this is managerial genius. 

As you say, all’s well that ends well. A great 3 points in which no regular starter exerted themselves (even Perez only played an hour) and if anything it goes to show how much Rodgers and his team’s coaching has pulled the standard up of the whole squad. But let’s not pretend that that starting XI was anything but a huge gamble.

5 minutes ago, ttfn said:

6 of the same team that started at Newport (a mid-table League Two side) a year ago - apparently that was Puel disrespecting the cup but this is managerial genius. 

As you say, all’s well that ends well. A great 3 points in which no regular starter exerted themselves (even Perez only played an hour) and if anything it goes to show how much Rodgers and his team’s coaching has pulled the standard up of the whole squad. But let’s not pretend that that starting XI was anything but a huge gamble.

This has been in the pipeline for weeks. Brendan made reference to it afterwards, along the lines of planning 4wks ago and having practice games. They knew they were going to make these changes. I doubt the Newport team had been thought out as much as that ahead of the game. Sometimes you have to take a calculated risk. I think Brendan has played Vardy needing a break very well also. They would’ve known when Baby Vardy would’ve been due roughly, and that was always going to be when Vardy was ‘rested’. Win and it’s fantastic he’s had a rest, lose and you can say he was unavailable anyway.