Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Post Match Thread

I said it in the match thread but I’m really pleased for Ihenacho. How much more comfy is it knowing we have a striker who can fill in for Vardy when he’s away. 

Do I think he’s the answer to replace Vardy full time? No. But if he carry’s on playing like he is when we need him he’ll make it hard for anybody to argue that he doesn’t deserve a chance at being our new number 9. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

I said it in the match thread but I’m really pleased for Ihenacho. How much more comfy is it knowing we have a striker who can fill in for Vardy when he’s away. 

Do I think he’s the answer to replace Vardy full time? No. But if he carry’s on playing like he is when we need him he’ll make it hard for anybody to argue that he doesn’t deserve a chance at being our new number 9. 

I think his attitude is excellent. (As is Mendy's to be fair - we don't seem to suffer from sulkers)

Just got back. Said to a guy on the tube that'd be Pelligrini's last game, they were absolutely atrocious.

Have to say I feared the worst when I saw the team but Mendy and Choudhury were revelations. We joked about Maguire being the 3rd best centre half at the club but he was actually the 4th. Perez linked play up really well and Albrighton was excellent - much better with the ball than he often is.

36 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Evans MOTM for me, Wes had a few scares but Evans had an immense game, didnt put a foot wrong.

Mendy did, nothing as far as i could see?

JJ is going to be a proper player, looks like a steal what we got him for.

I can not believe Gray took that pen, i knew he was gonna miss it when he stepped and for god sake man CHEER THE **** UP A BIT.

Iheanacho put in a solid but unremarkable performance, took his goal well.

Albrighton was good, he was close to my MOTM but Evans just snook it.

the rest of em did was needed, well done all involved.

oh yeah and West Ham are shit.

I want them, Bournmouth and Villa to go down.

Age helps a lot on penalties, its a huge mental challenge.  So I was surprised it was Gray, his body language didnt look good and on top of that it was delayed which is never a good thing.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

If anyone can seriously sit there and suggest they looked at that team and weren't the slightest bit concerned, then they are on another planet. lol

Alls well that ends well and the gamble paid off handsomely. 

Well then, welcome to my planet - the Blue Planet! :scarf:

Made a couple of comments on the line up, each saying how much I LOVED the lineup because it made sense against on so many levels, after playing so poorly in the previous 2 games. It was still a very competitive lineup against a team like West Ham, and coming just before the January window, important to test our strength in depth and/or see where we need shore up. The “worst” thing that could have happened today was that we lose and end the year in 3d place - 8/9 points ahead of the 5th-placed team. Most here would have bitten your hand off for that scenario if offered at the start of the season.
>

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Age helps a lot on penalties, its a huge mental challenge.  So I was surprised it was Gray, his body language didnt look good and on top of that it was delayed which is never a good thing.

Fuchs or Albrighton or even Perez should ld have had, disappointed one of them didn't at least push him for it

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Have no idea why neither Fuchs nor Iheanacho took it, Fuchs strikes the ball better than anyone and Iheanacho’s specialty is rolling it in the corner.

Fair play to Gray havin the balls to step up, but should have let one of the other two have it before him. 

Kel was shaken up by the foul

brendan is a detail man .... the pen taker would have been decided and a secondary option if the primary had left the pitch 

5 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

That's the one black mark against BR today. He should never send a team out without dictating who takes penalties. It should have been Fuchs from that lineup.

Credit to Gray though he didn't let it get to him and scored an excellent goal. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1