Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Post Match Thread

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Yeah and I agree with that part completely. But not all the things he quoted were saying that. Some in my opinion were valid reasons to be worried.

Brendan is the best manager we’ve had in a long time (possibly ever) but that doesn’t mean we can’t critisize his actions. 

This particular decision has paid off, but the next might not. I’m not embarrassed that I didn’t support that much rotation. 

What it shows, is that Brendan has the backing of the whole squad, as everyone put in their all. Most people will now say it was the correct thing to do as we won. But honestly, even Brendan must have known this was a huge risk. 

But as people have said, he’s the manager and it’s his call. So fair play for having the cahonas to try it. 

Im interested to know which of the quotes are "valid" ?

• Like 1

Having watched the previous games: Norwich, Man City, Liverpool, it was clear that the 'usual' line-up was looking less effective than previous and with the concentration of fixtures it was probably going to continue.  BR and his coaching staff obviously work with the  whole squad in training though, so it seemed logical that all players would have improved to some extent. With that being said,  9 changes did seem a lot, and I understand why some posters were worried  (although a few comments seemed a little OTT!!). This whole thing has further underlined to me what an amazing setup we have currently and hopefully people will at least wait until after the match before shooting them down in future. Anyway: Happy New Year to all...(a little early...but I don't post often!) 🤗 🦊🦊🦊🦊

• Like 1

We knew fixtures were coming thick and fast! We had planned this line up weeks ago, also Matt piper says this line up played numerous friendlies behind closed doors to prep for it! I think these days this happens a lot as 15 years ago players back from injury wouldn’t be match for but we never see this now! 

Quote....

We're totally screwed. 3 straight defeats over Xmas almost certainly now. That is such an old, slow team. Other teams, including Everton, who have played the same number of games as us, have made 5 or 6 changes. We played a stronger team v Burton in the League Cup. 

Shocking team 

Seriously don't think that team would beat Wigan. 

Hope the magic of the gods can help us today because that line up is shocking 

That's a shocker. Game chucked before we start. 

He has lost his mind what the **** is that

Cannot see anything but a defeat with this lineup. Pretty shocking to be honest and makes zero sense. 

Stuck 20 quid on west ham

One way to throw away your Champions league positions. What a load of crap. Not even going to bother finding a stream to watch that shite. Will just get pissed instead

Rodgers is a moron.”

Cant say I wasn’t going thinking the things in bold pre-match. 

Dont think you can really hang people out to dry for not agreeing with you about the quality of a line up.  We all know that’s a 2nd side, it’s not personal but we aren’t playing 9 of our best players. That’s why people were concerned or ‘shocked’ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach

He chose an experienced team it was never that risky, the real difference was it did not rely on Vardy , a world class striker .. Perez has struggled to work with Vardy , but looked much better with Iheanacho who is more of a traditional striker. This gives us a viable plan B if the great man is unavailable.

I got slated when I suggested a similar line up a few weeks ago. Trust the squad to perform. We have got some good players that can push for a start.

I was more than happy that the team BR chose could do the business. People should trust in our entire squad to be able to do a job.

Guest Markyblue
35 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

No, I think you'll find that "randomfoxestalkposter", aged 29, lives with his parents and works in Argos knows considerably more than Brendan Rodgers and his coaching team who have a lifetime in the professional game, day to day contact with the players and access to state of the art data analysis on their performances....

Yes was a tongue in cheek comment but given the hysteria over the team announcement on Saturday i do wonder.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Dont think you can really hang people out to dry for not agreeing with you about the quality of a line up.  We all know that’s a 2nd side, it’s not personal but we aren’t playing 9 of our best players. That’s why people were concerned or ‘shocked’ 

Are you an ostrich?

He took a tired, physically ****ed side and changed it for a fresh, hungry team against one of the most out of form sides in the league. It's not that big a risk when you think about it. A few managers have done the same over the festive period.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Quote....

We're totally screwed. 3 straight defeats over Xmas almost certainly now. That is such an old, slow team. Other teams, including Everton, who have played the same number of games as us, have made 5 or 6 changes. We played a stronger team v Burton in the League Cup. 

Shocking team 

Seriously don't think that team would beat Wigan. 

Hope the magic of the gods can help us today because that line up is shocking 

That's a shocker. Game chucked before we start. 

He has lost his mind what the **** is that

Cannot see anything but a defeat with this lineup. Pretty shocking to be honest and makes zero sense. 

Stuck 20 quid on west ham

One way to throw away your Champions league positions. What a load of crap. Not even going to bother finding a stream to watch that shite. Will just get pissed instead

Rodgers is a moron.”

Cant say I wasn’t going thinking the things in bold pre-match. 

Fair enough, I see what you are saying... but my reading in the match thread was that...

"shocking" equated to bad/awful

as opposed to

"shocking" equated to surprising.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Narh, you know what, **** that. 

Said it a few times really, if there's one place people have got to be allowed to be hysterical and reactive, it's the match thread. You know what it's going to be like, if it doesn't appeal, don't bother. If you choose to read it, just ignore those comments. 

Good for you if you're a well balanced and emotionally numb individual that doesn't have strong reactions to things but leave people be who aren't. 

I agree that this place can be absurd, polarised, eccentric, full of some of the stupidest views and I'm all in favour of trying to fight back to maintain some middle ground. I've often tried to argue the neutral point of view and I've never enjoyed the fanatical PEARSON IN, PEARSON OUT, Haters vs Fanboys rubbish that's filled this place over the years. 

But match day? In the heat of the moment? Eh, sorry, football fans aren't robots, especially fans of a club like Leicester for whom supporting we all know is a bit of a roller-coaster. 

Ask me mid week my thoughts on a game and I'll give you a balanced and reasoned view but just before kick off? Or when we go one nil down? I'll sulk and be melodramatic with the best of them. It's just a byproduct of being extremely emotionally invested in something. 

I've got no problem with that tbh. 

Completely agree but also PEARSON OUT. 

• Haha 1

always wondered what the people who cry about the negativity in the match thread would ever do if they went to a game. you want to really see negativity go to watch us lose at home and listen to some of the comments from the crowd, think you might find it a lot worse than someone posting "not playing well today" at half time in a match thread. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Narh, you know what, **** that. 

Said it a few times really, if there's one place people have got to be allowed to be hysterical and reactive, it's the match thread. You know what it's going to be like, if it doesn't appeal, don't bother. If you choose to read it, just ignore those comments. 

Good for you if you're a well balanced and emotionally numb individual that doesn't have strong reactions to things but leave people be who aren't. 

I agree that this place can be absurd, polarised, eccentric, full of some of the stupidest views and I'm all in favour of trying to fight back to maintain some middle ground. I've often tried to argue the neutral point of view and I've never enjoyed the fanatical PEARSON IN, PEARSON OUT, Haters vs Fanboys rubbish that's filled this place over the years. 

But match day? In the heat of the moment? Eh, sorry, football fans aren't robots, especially fans of a club like Leicester for whom supporting we all know is a bit of a roller-coaster. 

Ask me mid week my thoughts on a game and I'll give you a balanced and reasoned view but just before kick off? Or when we go one nil down? I'll sulk and be melodramatic with the best of them. It's just a byproduct of being extremely emotionally invested in something. 

I've got no problem with that tbh. 

The side of my settee will attest to my strong mid-game reactions. Match day threads won't, because in the time it takes to come on here and write something I've realised that my response would be an embarrassment. Good for you if you're an emotional incontinent who can't count to 10.

Let's be honest, patronising snark is an ever present even in your 'balanced and reasoned' views.

• Like 2