Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You can quibble with the choice of penalty taker if you wish. But to say BR didn't designate a penalty taker before the match is an insult to one of the most thorough and prepared managers in world football.

Now you are being silly. Yes he's good but he's also been shown up in recent games. But it's a matter of opinion.

So we never doubted Rodgers' decision right...? lol

I did say we would win :ph34r:

Puts us in a very good position for Newcastle on Wednesday now. Back to full strength but some players today really did well despite not playing regularly. Justin especially was very good. Albrighton seemed decent and back to normal performance levels. 

It was a very poor West Ham side and you can only beat what's in front of you. We'd have been moaning long in to the night if we'd lost so gotta give them credit for getting the result. Rodgers plan worked! Trust in Brendan! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You seriously think BR went into the game not knowing which of his team would take the penalty? Now you are being silly.

Yes i do .He'e not good enough to take penalties consistently. But what do I know, I only spent a whole lifetime in the game as a professional.

As I said thankfully we got away with it today.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes i do .He'e not good enough to take penalties consistently. But what do I know, I only spent a whole lifetime in the game as a professional.

I think him taking a penalty today was a one off unless it’s a shoot out, he’s not going to be consistently taking pens.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

In my opinion we played better by quite a distance than West Ham, however I still feel we only really just got away with it. Good result though and some decent performances. So BR made the right call. 

An apt summary. Felt like our first half left something to be desired, even as we outplayed them.

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

So did Merson & Sutton & Owen,Don t expect some  entitled respect!!!

and your last sentence proves you are in their catagory....oh shit!!!  Made Another enemy:P

I think anyone who starts a post by way of referencing west hams pitiful inabilities is doing a disservice to the, what by all accounts, sounded like a superb team and individual performance from what may as well be classified as our reserve team.

Choudhury and Mendy in the dm sounds like a solid unit to build some players around. 

Looking forward to match choice.

• Like 1