Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Post Match Thread

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Loved this goal!

• Albrighton with the tenacity to win the ball back
  • Hamza with raking first time forward pass straight out of the Tielemans school of football to keep the move flowing
  • Perez with the almost Mahrez-esque jinking run and slotted pass to Gray
  • What a finish Demarai! Love the composure and willingness to wait. You only need to pass it in, not smash it!

:appl:

Add to that...

• Gray's first touch
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

b9WYAdi.gif

Loved this goal!

• Hamza with raking first time forward pass straight out of the Tielemans school of football to keep the move flowing
  • What a finish Demarai! Love the composure and willingness to wait. You only need to pass it in, not smash it!

I missed how much work Pérez did for this. I know he can be hot and cold, but I think his stats show that he’s been a positive addition overall. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Loved that away game today 

wasn’t an easy atmosphere in that dire stadium 

it’s a bizarre place with the away ends seeming to be in different boroughs 

Hamza and JJ were outstanding.... I can see Hamza becoming a super star if he continues to work hard and get more chances , JJ seems a bargain buy of the highest order. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

b9WYAdi.gif

Loved this goal!

Mate, Rothley Imps u9s would be ****ing embarrassed of that defending. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I missed how much work Pérez did for this. I know he can be hot and cold, but I think his stats show that he’s been a positive addition overall. 

We want him (and Gray) to show it more often, which is a totally fair statement to make as both are capable of it. Perez was much better all round today and on top of his two assists, I felt he stayed on his feet a lot more often and tried to get involved more often, and was a bit unlucky to get hooked. Gray also was way more involved and lots of pieces of good play throughout the game. I think what was good about both today is that they both tried to make things happen, and even if it didn't come off, they kept going and trying it.

Gray should really score a lot more of this type of goal. He is very fast and gets into good positions. This type of finish shows you don't even need to be incredible at finishing, just bend your body shape the right way and it's almost impossible to save. Thierry Henry made a living from that type of finish!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, rachhere said:

This goal should be an eye opener for him, because he showed strength whilst being fouled. If he does that more often instead of dropping to the ground, as soon as he gets touched, he'd do much better. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

A big lesson learned , in this sort of match , away from home you have to defend well and physical presence is vital , we have been too f**king lightweight , Hamza , Mendy and Iheanacho put some muscle on the pitch and its no surprise Perez benefited. Liverpool demonstrated perfectly that skill alone won't get the job done , physical presence is always needed. In the window bring in a big striker or give a chance to 6ft 4in. George Hirst.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

MASSIVE credit to Iheanacho too for getting back on his feet right away and busting a gut to get into a decent position just in case. There's definitely been a huge upswing in his confidence, desire and awareness since Brendan and his team arrived. Excellent performance from him, yet again.

Yep loved that, waved his arm in the air and I thought he was gonna throw a hissy fit but he thought better of it and got is ass up . Such an improved mentality 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We want him (and Gray) to show it more often, which is a totally fair statement to make as both are capable of it. Perez was much better all round today and on top of his two assists, I felt he stayed on his feet a lot more often and tried to get involved more often, and was a bit unlucky to get hooked. Gray also was way more involved and lots of pieces of good play throughout the game. I think what was good about both today is that they both tried to make things happen, and even if it didn't come off, they kept going and trying it.

Gray should really score a lot more of this type of goal. He is very fast and gets into good positions. This type of finish shows you don't even need to be incredible at finishing, just bend your body shape the right way and it's almost impossible to save. Thierry Henry made a living from that type of finish!

2 things that we often forget:

1: he's still very young. 

2: a lot of the time he doesn't get the official credit he deserves - he often provides the "2nd assist" which nobody cares about, but would actually give a bit of fairer view of his contributions to the team (and not just the added 'stat-less' energy he often brings with him as a sub) - 2 examples I can think of are Burnley this season; where his cross found Barnes in its path, who jumped out of the way but just nicked it before Tielemans buried it - Barnes got the assist quite unfairly IMO. Or more memorably - Puel's first game against Everton. Dimmy picks up a loose ball from a shite Everton free kick in his own third, runs half the length of the pitch and finds Mahrez in space on the wing, who crosses to Vardy to smash it home; Mahrez gets the official credit but it was Demarai who did all the work.

Having said all that, this season is perhaps his last chance with us....

Like many was a little surprised when I saw so many changes. Not only that but Praet not starting either really did give a second string look about it.fair play to them though they kept to the style, which I am sure they all do in training anyway and this was planned well in advance. Great squad management as it meant everyone knew when they would be needed and so could plan their family commitments and celebrations around Xmas accordingly. Was it just me or did nachos touch and confidence go skywards after the goal? He just seemed to want to take them all on and chase everything.

Ok so whu  really were poor but a professional performance by a team who obviously had a game plan and did everything that was asked of them which shows that we do actually have quality right through the squad.