Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Post Match Thread

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

What is with you folks?  The players do not play Rock Paper Scissors to decide who takes a pen.  Rodgers confirmed, it was his call, as it properly should be.  He might or might not make the same call in future, but he’s not so scattershot as to leave it to chance.

You folks? 

I stopped reading after that, you might have made a good point. 

But your childish effort to be condescending ruined what ever you spouted off after that. 

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Please... join me in a quick wander through the first few pages of the match thread....

Quote....

We're totally screwed. 3 straight defeats over Xmas almost certainly now. That is such an old, slow team. Other teams, including Everton, who have played the same number of games as us, have made 5 or 6 changes. We played a stronger team v Burton in the League Cup. 

Shocking team 

Seriously don't think that team would beat Wigan. 

Hope the magic of the gods can help us today because that line up is shocking 

That's a shocker. Game chucked before we start. 

He has lost his mind what the **** is that

Cannot see anything but a defeat with this lineup. Pretty shocking to be honest and makes zero sense. 

Stuck 20 quid on west ham

One way to throw away your Champions league positions. What a load of crap. Not even going to bother finding a stream to watch that shite. Will just get pissed instead

Rodgers is a moron.

image.png.0729ab1502bc1324deef4886a77149c4.png

Youre jumping on with hindsight, acting like your opinion was better than theirs. 

We’ve won the game but I still don’t agree with BR decision to take a risk like this. Play anyone but west ham and you’d probably have lost that. 

• Like 1

I’m doubly pleased due to all of the “calculated” pessimism that’s been going on...... all of these equations and right angles being scrutinised to try and justify people’s pessimistic predictions, have we dropped nine points in succession so far? No.. We haven’t and we won’t. We will finish in the top four. We’re a ****ing good team, we’re just not as good as Liverpool. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Youre jumping on with hindsight, acting like your opinion was better than theirs. 

We’ve won the game but I still don’t agree with BR decision to take a risk like this. Play anyone but west ham and you’d probably have lost that. 

But we didn't and we didn't so obviously Rodgers saw this as a calculated risk. I don't know why people can't just admit they were wrong and save themselves further embarrassment 

We play a type of football which controls the tempo of the game .....as long as the players are up to speed with this, fit and concentrated, the change in personnel shouldn’t matter too much - the poorer the opposition, the better though  ........  was pretty clear from early on in the game that we were able to control the tempo .......I wasn’t overly concerned from that point on although wierdly I expected us to concede as we approached half time ........ and the boys didn’t disappoint! 

second half was pretty chilled out .... excellent - that will give the group a lot of confidence moving forward for Brendan to rotate a bit more - maybe an FA cup run isn’t too much to take on !

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Irony of it.!!! You are also doing exactly  the same..Maybe with this 11,we might of Beat L'pool...

B.Rodgers had a Call to make,some fans wrongly ,thought he was weakening the Team & Really went OTT, too Early with their prematch/post Match presumptious  negative opinions....They got burnt..& Still carried on moaning....bring forced an heavy Breakfast this morning...Egg in faces & humble pie!!!

Result Made it ...right!!  Because of our circumstances, BR gets paid to make such calls,like some of our managers & fans in the past,he dient Stand on ceromons

"He Made that successful call". BY TRUSTING his squad...which by your comment,your still hurting & didnt.....!!!:D

Edited by fuchsntf

I was thinking Perez, Albrighton or Fuchs for the pen. Gray never even crossed my mind and I knew in my heart as soon as he stepped up we were screwed with that matchup.  Fabianski, even rusty, is a great shot stopper.

Edited by Deeg67

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

nahhh.

Im just pointing out incredible negativity and overreaction BEFORE we have even kicked the ball... people saying the game was LOST before we started and calling our (so far exceedingly successful) manager a moron.

Pathetic example of fair weather fans

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Youre jumping on with hindsight, acting like your opinion was better than theirs

Think you've stumbled on a way we can work out which opinion was better.

Joking aside... if the opinions were more circumspect there'd be no issue. It's more the 'absolutist tantrum' nature of them that rankles, at least with me. 

• Like 1

Almost every one in that starting line up was someone who various posters have been saying should be getting a start at some point or other and yet when the team was announced there was a collective meltdown and they were suddenly not going to be good enough. Ok so as individuals I can see that there will be fans favourites and this was a bit radical but they play regular games in training where all of these combinations are tried and tested. Every member of the squad is involved and taught how to play in the established style and to a game plan. Mendy a perfect example, less than twelve months ago nailed on starter and being lauded by many for some solid performances. New manager wants to play a different style and so his opportunities become limited. This does not make him a bad player, simply one who is not the best fit any more. For what it’s worth I thought he had a good game yesterday and shows just how much quality we have when players of his calibre are somehow viewed as substandard because they are not regular starters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nwl fox said:

Bit disappointed you removed names from the quotes to spare blushes, there's so many reactionary knobs on here it's embarrassing. Imagine ending the year 2nd in the league and through to the semi final of the league Cup and calling Rodgers a moron before the match because you think you know better, that's absolute ****wittery of the highest order! 

What's also clear is that those responses do not represent the majority of fans. Too many people read way too much into it.

The lineup was a gamble, and we can all be relieved it paid off. West Ham were really poor and this played into our hands.

Guest Markyblue
2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

But we played west ham.!

We’ve won the game but I still don’t agree with BR decision to take a risk like this. Play anyone but west ham and you’d probably have lost that

The funny thing is, we were playing West Ham! He didn’t do it against Liverpool or Man City or even Everton or Newcastle. He did it against West Ham. 

Knowing full well what was on the pitch was more than enough for a team playing with no purpose, no desire and no tactics who look seriously short on confidence. A calculated risk which paid off handsomely.

His opinion was better than theirs 

In the away concourse, I think to a man, there was a lot of unease when we saw the line-up yesterday. However, that was a great team performance and a very professional job from the 9 players who came in. Very important to put down a positive performance and 3 points after a few shaky performances against Norwich, Man City and Liverpool.

We managed the game very well yesterday and it shows the strength in depth that guys like Mendy, Morgan and Fuchs who have had limited pitch time can come in and control a PL game. I thought Choudhury was excellent, our MOTM, he was everywhere. James Justin also looked very good and encouraging to see him really step up in his first start.

• Like 1