Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's the one black mark against BR today. He should never send a team out without dictating who takes penalties. It should have been Fuchs from that lineup.

Credit to Gray though he didn't let it get to him and scored an excellent goal. 

Gray was the choice to take it pre game listening to Rodgers post match. Gray scored in the shootout at Everton, the others who did weren’t on the pitch at the time. Just unfortunate. I’d have preferred Perez, Fuchs or Nacho, but the latter was clattered for the pen so never thought he’d take it

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Nice post and I like the sentiment…. However, not turning up against against Man City and Liverpool is not something we should feel proud of…. This team has the capability to compete with the very best…

1 hour ago, iniesta said:

Not beating 2 of the best teams in Europe? Squads and manager in place for 3+ years. Millions spent on the world's best talent. 

Us, a manger here for less than a year. Buying talent on potential and balancing the books in accordance to FFP. 

Some of you need to give your heads a wobble. 

At what point did I say not beating?  I said we were poor against them…. Please enlighten me as to which point in those games we even started compete?

Is our team not capable of competing against them?  I am hugely impressed by what we have achieved so far, yet disappointed that we fell flat when we had the opportunity to compete against the real big boys…

if you’re going to quote a post read it and try and give the right the context…

2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Gray was the choice to take it pre game listening to Rodgers post match. Gray scored in the shootout at Everton, the others who did weren’t on the pitch at the time. Just unfortunate. I’d have preferred Perez, Fuchs or Nacho, but the latter was clattered for the pen so never thought he’d take it

Quite honestly ,I don't believe him no matter what he says after the game.

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's the one black mark against BR today. He should never send a team out without dictating who takes penalties. It should have been Fuchs from that lineup.

Credit to Gray though he didn't let it get to him and scored an excellent goal. 

Yeah I would agree with Fuchs.

The penalty really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. He took his other major chance which more than made up for it!

Maybe this proves that we are deserving of our position and that actually Liverpool and Man City are simply exceptional football teams who we just cannot financially compete with from top to bottom. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

Would you like cream with your pie, you massive flappy flapper?

Oh well done you. 10 out of 10 for effort and 0 for accuracy. None of my quotes are from the match thread or relate to the criticism of the team picked, but don't let the facts get in the way of your cheap shot. 

The fact is that there were many, many posters at the start of the match thread who didn't even give that team a chance. I'm not crass enough to go and dig up the actually relevant posts themselves as those posters know who they are,but they're easily found if people want to look. 

My posts that you've kindly gathered above relate to the level of performance and, sadly, effort being put in by our "first team" and how some blindly quoted our second place as proof there was nothing to worry about, which I disagreed with. With improved effort as shown today, there is much to look forward to. 

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well BR says he was the designated penalty taker before the game.

As I've said above, I don't believe him. There's nothing in either his penalty against Everton or today that would make me believe he has the ability to be a consistent penalty taker. 

And that's what a Manager is looking for when deciding who should take them.

Kudos to Brendan for gambling/showing faith/man managing our collection of fringe players.

After seeing his best 11 come up short against the leagues two most devastating sides - not only did today give fringe players a shot of belief, it shoots a rocket up the ass of any 1st teamer taking their place for granted.

Comparing today's side with the 2nd string options in our title season gives perspective just how far we've progressed in a short space of time.