Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Newcastle (A) pre match

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I agree that it's not a perfect solution , but Chilwell is a marked man in opposition planning because of his defensive weaknesses. However he is too good a player to leave out completely. Gareth Bale moved forward extremely successfully and there are other examples. Nobody on here questions his attacking threat and given the Barnes, Gray and Albrighton limitations it seems to me it's worth a try.

Can't disagree with that re: teams targeting him. But the thought of Saint-Maximin running at Fuchs is worrying, and his defending for West Ham's goal was questionable also. 

Chilwell has the mindset to learn, it wasn't that long ago that his offensive skills were questioned. Mahrez, Salah, TAA, Walker et al are a far different prospect to anyone else in the league. This games should be judged in isolation in my opinion, such is their superiority on their day. Chilwell will not be shown up as ruthlessly by anybody else in the league.

2 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Can't disagree with that re: teams targeting him. But the thought of Saint-Maximin running at Fuchs is worrying, and his defending for West Ham's goal was questionable also. 

Chilwell has the mindset to learn, it wasn't that long ago that his offensive skills were questioned. Mahrez, Salah, TAA, Walker et al are a far different prospect to anyone else in the league. This games should be judged in isolation in my opinion, such is their superiority on their day. Chilwell will not be shown up as ruthlessly by anybody else in the league.

He's out injured isn't he?

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

So he says they got outplayed in their last match and says we made nine changes and still won and for no reason or explanation whatsoever just 'fancies' a Newcastle win! He's almost arguing with himself there and being paid for it lol

i know, its crazy... the guy is such a plank. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

So he says they got outplayed in their last match and says we made nine changes and still won and for no reason or explanation whatsoever just 'fancies' a Newcastle win! He's almost arguing with himself there and being paid for it lol

I get the feeling the predictions and the single sentence before them all get written at the start of the season. 

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It is odd; with it being football he could end up being right but it is far from the likely result, and he gives no good reason for Newcastle winning...

Newcastle have been fortunate so far I feel and they aren’t anything special, we have a good away record so honestly can’t see anything but a win for us 2-0. 

• Like 1

I think Choudhury will play instead of Tielemans in the number 8 role next to Madison.

Choudhury is being groomed as a box to box midfielder rather than a DM and can interchange with Tielemans and Madison during a busy January. 

N'didi will play as the DM. Barnes will start along with Vardy and soyunchu. 

Right wing is up for grabs between Gray and Perez.

Chilwell and Ricardo will return too.

Newcastle have looked better of late but I would think that we have more than enough to get this one done.

Vardy back, and fresh - Maddison mostly rested / fresh - Soy back in the line-up - etc.

Suspect that we'll lead with Nacho next to Vardy, but I have no reason to believe that other than a feeling.

7 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think Choudhury will play instead of Tielemans in the number 8 role next to Madison.

Choudhury is being groomed as a box to box midfielder rather than a DM and can interchange with Tielemans and Madison during a busy January. 

N'didi will play as the DM. Barnes will start along with Vardy and soyunchu. 

Right wing is up for grabs between Gray and Perez.

Chilwell and Ricardo will return too.

Don't think Choudhury will start, some players seem undroppable. Tielemans will definitely start, 

Would like to see Nacho given a few more starts to keep his confidence up. Seems to be on a fairly good spell right now. His work rate is also on a higher tempo. 

Edited by Lesta blue
  • Haha 1