Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Newcastle (A) pre match

Get the tombola team selector out for this one...you'll be as close.

I think Justin has looked great in the games he's played, he's not quite there for 1st team action yet over Ricardo, but what great future position cover we have there.

I think we gave everything in the last match so perhaps the U23's are ready for this. 

16 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Ricardo has a bit of a hamstring issue, why risk him or waste one of the Premierships best right backs as a make do winger. We're not that desperate in that position. I think Gray deserves another trip out, we have after all indulged Perez there in far too many games. I would also persevere with Albrighton on the left after today's performance. I agree with Evan's being given a rest and for me, Tielemans has to fight this way back into the team. Choudhury was a breath of fresh air today and we should pick on performance and not price tag.

Let Ricardo rest his hamstring another week and start Justin. Perez got two assists yesterday, so deserves the start, particularly against his old club.

• Like 1

People seem to think this will be easy because we beat a useless West Ham team? They've a pretty stubborn backline and the suggestion of dropping Evans et.al is madness, with a winnable cup game up next. Gray and Perez have earnt the wide spots. The rest of the team picks itself. 

20 minutes ago, sdb said:

People seem to think this will be easy because we beat a useless West Ham team? They've a pretty stubborn backline and the suggestion of dropping Evans et.al is madness, with a winnable cup game up next. Gray and Perez have earnt the wide spots. The rest of the team picks itself. 

I would have thought Gray and Albrighton had booked the wide spots, Perez has been crap out wide all season, his slightly better performance against an extremely poor side yesterday saw him playing through the middle, wheres the logic? Had Vardy been playing yesterday I would suggest that hed have made a bit more of Albrighton's balls into the box than Iheanacho and Perez, not meaning that as a direct criticism of them, just that Vardy is a far superior player who would have read Albrighton's play better.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Haha! Go on son! If you're feeling extra ballsy, play your treble captain lol Would make it an incredible away day as that would really rile the home fans. 

I did think about that but then came to my senses. 😆 

• Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, SouthernFox96 said:

Kasper

JJ

Evans/Wes if Jonny needs a rest

Cags

Chillers

Wilf

Hamza

Ricky

Madders

Marc/Gray

Vards

4-2-3-1

Quite like the look of that but I still think Chilwell should move forward with Fuchs behind him. Vardy may not have to do a full 90 with Iheanacho finding his goal touch.Tielmans needs a long rest.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I would have thought Gray and Albrighton had booked the wide spots, Perez has been crap out wide all season, his slightly better performance against an extremely poor side yesterday saw him playing through the middle, wheres the logic? Had Vardy been playing yesterday I would suggest that hed have made a bit more of Albrighton's balls into the box than Iheanacho and Perez, not meaning that as a direct criticism of them, just that Vardy is a far superior player who would have read Albrighton's play better.

Ist Not very often,but I disagree.... "Perez has been crap out wide all season, ".

Hes not Set the Stage alight,but hes done IMO a solid job,set up assists for assists ,been pretty Good defending,that Area I Call the attacking midfield Dirty work.

He IS consistently a goal threat,and draws the oppo players out of their Safe spaces...

We turn a blind eye,to errors und mistakes,when it just happens to be One of our considered better players,so he for some, is the perfect "Blame" candidate.

Because some cant or wont see the bigger Picture and all round play....or team and individual development und Running targets...

Gray,Nacho, are showing there is a rekindling potential,Barnes hasnt yet found that  consistent game & Short moment decision making and discipline.

Perez,is the typical new buy Quality player,whos showing a up and down season...Add Albrighton,who for me was in the past few seasons, One of the Top

3 Automatic choices...This season,still a gem,but now Automatic 1st Choice sub,if Not selected for any particular game...!!

Fans become obsessed,Chasing down in Single game moments,where they tnink,they can suggest future in their opinions Player improvements/ exchange or dropping of..!!

Even now,some believe some players selection is Set in Stone...or create their own "obvious issues", to Chase down the negatives on certain players..

To me ,we have a squad,where each One can Play the most important parts,to our present and Coming seasons.There will be hiccups,burps,and pleasant

Twist for the individuals career. Er are still in an ever changing,rebuilding,Not the finished product process...Unlike some I See Not One player,where when selected,I believe they are not worth encouraging or fang Play their Part in our progress...Our alround quality has improved tremendously,and each Player

in our squad has been Part of our on field success .and potential for higher % success consistency.!!!

Schmiechal

Justin - Evans - Cags - Fuchs

Ndidi

Ricardo - Maddy - Albrighton

Vardy - Nachoman

Subs: Ward, Tielmans, Morgan, Barnes, Gray, Perez

Assuming Ricardo is fit. Despite being a defender he is 10x better at attacking than our wide forwards (Gray, Barnes, Perez).

Edited by jim5000
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kuredufox said:

Playing Morgan and Cags together would be disastrous. Both have positional issues and need Evans beside them.

You can’t just keep grinding Evans down until he’s mulch. He’s no kid, and has an injury history. Bite the bullet and take your chances.

15 hours ago, WestLothianFox said:

Really looking forward to this, more so as I have been given a hospitality ticket for the Platinum Club. Downside is I will be on my own.

Anyone know of any City fans that will also be in the Platinum Club

I did a corporate there in the title season. Can't remember which lounge. Behind the goal beneath the away fans. Were 4 or 5 tables of city fans.

But, cliché aside, the Geordies were lovely for a chat in the room. There isn't another set of fans I like mortr

19 hours ago, SouthernFox96 said:

Kasper

JJ

Evans/Wes if Jonny needs a rest

Cags

Chillers

Wilf

Hamza

Ricky

Madders

Marc/Gray

Vards

4-2-3-1

Would personally start Perez against his old club and wouldn’t want both Wilf and Choudury in there doing the same job. Either Tielemans or Praet for Hamza, although is harsh to drop him after he played well v WH. 

21 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'd put a 15m 'for sale' sign on his back to see if we could return him 50% off in the January sales!🤣

Like most of this forum for Iheanacho? Immediate gratification much? I predict a full plate of words to be eaten in your future. bon Appetit :)

You'd have to be confident of a win here. The results since Liverpool have gone our way and we have our main players getting a much needed rest.

Our record at the House of Ashley is excellent since promotion. Almost as good as at West Brom. The only fear is that it has to come to an end at some point. Also beating West Ham and slipping up here is the sort of thing we could do!

Playing both Justin and Ricardo might be worth trying out. We've been a bit uninspiring on the wing of late so time to try something a bit radical. 

We weren't at our best in December despite good results. Be good for the first team to get back to winning ways.

Difficult one for Brendan. I get the argument that you play your strongest side (all things considered) and that there's no room for sentiment etc but who deserves to be dropped after the win at West Ham? This is where it becomes bigger than the actual game itself, what's the best thing for squad morale?

Obviously I'm not comparing myself to a Premier League footballer but when I was at Hinckley as a teenager I never really managed to get into the first team, I was almost always in the reserves/ youth team. However, I remember really clearly being called into the first team to play a game against Worcester because of injuries. I had the best game I'd ever had at that level got the MOTM. The next week I was back in the reserves with no real explanation.

This happened a few times and I just thought '**** it' and quit and went off to uni instead. Obviously a PL footballer on bazillions a week isn't going to do that but can be very demoralising when you get your chance, do well and this just get dropped again. 

• Like 1

As noted above, they don't concede many at home but they don’t score too many either !  Fin Egan has a point - perhaps Brendan will try that ‘villa’ attacking diamond to exploit their scoring weakness.  we should certainly make it an intense pressing game to exploit their likely tiredness .......... in which case, some of the boys from Saturday may feature again as the ‘first team’ have lacked intensity recently .......

58 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Difficult one for Brendan. I get the argument that you play your strongest side (all things considered) and that there's no room for sentiment etc but who deserves to be dropped after the win at West Ham? This is where it becomes bigger than the actual game itself, what's the best thing for squad morale?

Obviously I'm not comparing myself to a Premier League footballer but when I was at Hinckley as a teenager I never really managed to get into the first team, I was almost always in the reserves/ youth team. However, I remember really clearly being called into the first team to play a game against Worcester because of injuries. I had the best game I'd ever had at that level got the MOTM. The next week I was back in the reserves with no real explanation.

This happened a few times and I just thought '**** it' and quit and went off to uni instead. Obviously a PL footballer on bazillions a week isn't going to do that but can be very demoralising when you get your chance, do well and this just get dropped again. 

Surely this was the clincher, being effectively 'ignored' and allowed to think that your efforts hadn't even been noticed? Thankfully it's also the thing that in the equivalent scenario you would expect to absolutely not happen under Rodgers.