Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Newcastle (A) pre match

Kasper

JJ

Evans

Cags

Chilwell

Ndidi

Hamza

Madders

Ricardo

Vardy

Albrighton

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Praet, Youri, Gray, Ayoze, Kelechi 

Edit: just realised this would mean Harvey missing out completely which would be harsh but just shows what a good squad we have!

Edited by Devonfox1884

Early days. But I think the team will obviously be picked with Wigan and Villa in mind to come shortly after and also some deserving after a good game today.

Kasper 

Ricardo   Evans      Soyuncu    Chilwell 

Ndidi

Albrighton Choudhury Maddison  Gray 

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Justin, Morgan, Tielemans, Praet, Perez, Iheanacho. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Schmeichel

Justin

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Choudhury

Ricardo

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Ricardo has a bit of a hamstring issue, why risk him or waste one of the Premierships best right backs as a make do winger. We're not that desperate in that position. I think Gray deserves another trip out, we have after all indulged Perez there in far too many games. I would also persevere with Albrighton on the left after today's performance. I agree with Evan's being given a rest and for me, Tielemans has to fight this way back into the team. Choudhury was a breath of fresh air today and we should pick on performance and not price tag.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Ricardo has a bit of a hamstring issue, why risk him or waste one of the Premierships best right backs as a make do winger. We're not that desperate in that position. I think Gray deserves another trip out, we have after all indulged Perez there in far too many games. I would also persevere with Albrighton on the left after today's performance. I agree with Evan's being given a rest and for me, Tielemans has to fight this way back into the team. Choudhury was a breath of fresh air today and we should pick on performance and not price tag.

Ricardo plays as a winger most of the time anyway, would like to see how it works with Justin behind him especially with how well he played today. Yes we’re not desperate in that position but it’s getting to that stage. None of our 4 wingers can be relied on to provide the goals and assists were looking for. 

57 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Ricardo plays as a winger most of the time anyway, would like to see how it works with Justin behind him especially with how well he played today. Yes we’re not desperate in that position but it’s getting to that stage. None of our 4 wingers can be relied on to provide the goals and assists were looking for. 

Admittedly it was early days but I think we tried Ricardo on the wing with little success, he had the look of a failed winger/midfielder turned wing back like many wing backs are. Since then, when I thought he looked a little bit dodgy defensively, he's improved that part of his game dramatically as he's got used to the pace and noticeably toughened up. He's now arguably one of the best defenders in the Premiership. For me his attacking prowess definitely looks better when running with power from deep.

Interesting however that on one substitute appearance, Rodgers put James on the left wing so could there possibly be an option for an appearance from him on the right? 

Until recently,  we have had the best defensive unit in the Premiership so why would we want to upset that on a whim of an experiment. It is precisely that exceptional defensive unit that has provided us with those odd goal victories and the remarkable accumulation of points. West Ham were an extremely poor side today but we'll face better and need our best defence available if fit. Building from a sound defence is more important than faffing about with experimental wing play for the return of the odd goal at a price. Just in my opinion of course. Some may quite rightly believe the opposite. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

An important potential 3 points. If Riccardo is fully fit form his hamstring issue my personal choice would be:

Schmeichel 

Ric  Morgan  Soy Chilwell

Ndidi 

Gray  Chou Mad Albrighton

Vardy

Evans I think could do with a rest hence Morgan. Rest most of the above for Wigan which is a game of lesser importance in the greater scheme of things. 

Wouldn't be having Chilwell. Look at Andy Carroll pulling onto Baines for their goal today. Chilwell would get murdered by him. Fuchs is a little smarter in the way he Marks.

Infact I was please chilwell didn't start today, although west ham not starting Antonio nulified that threat anyway. But had Chilwell started, Pellegrini missed a trick I'd have been banging diagonals over to that side as often as poss.