Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Newcastle (A) pre match

I'm confident we'll win this comfortably. They really aren't any good. Their fans I follow have said all season they've still looked rubbish, have just had an extraordinarily good number of goals from their defenders that they won't sustain.

0-3 and we'll dominate.

Guest Markyblue

I think he will go with a strong line up against Newcastle with 3/4 changes from the recognised first team, back up team against wigan and best 11 against villa.

7 hours ago, Tanya said:

I wouldn't play Riccy as a winger since his best attacking play is sparked by his deep runs from the defensive lines. It's really up to our wingers to stamp their authority or risk losing their place to a new player in Jan or the summer. 

Run out of reps but I agree with this immensely.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm confident we'll win this comfortably. They really aren't any good. Their fans I follow have said all season they've still looked rubbish, have just had an extraordinarily good number of goals from their defenders that they won't sustain.

0-3 and we'll dominate.

Hope so . Listening to the media Almiron has been reborn as the new Messi and is about to herald a new golden age up at the toon 

I'm glad Almiron has scored his first goal because that would be guaranteed to happen. When did Andy Carroll last score? 

They are going to sit back and defend, up to us to break them down. They have pace on the break but very little end product. 

Perez starts in the hope he scores against his old club, Gray done enough to get another start for me. Harsh on Hamza and Mendy I guess but usual midfield trio return. Hopefully Evans has another game in him before a rest next weekend. 

• Like 1

I think we all know there are going to be some players disappointed when the team sheet is announced for this one. Justin, Mendy,Hamza, Gray, Albrighton and Nacho all did their hopes no harm.

If fit though, Chilwell, Soyuncu, Tielemans, Madison, Ndidi and Vardy are all certs to start.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm glad Almiron has scored his first goal because that would be guaranteed to happen. When did Andy Carroll last score? 

They are going to sit back and defend, up to us to break them down. They have pace on the break but very little end product. 

Perez starts in the hope he scores against his old club, Gray done enough to get another start for me. Harsh on Hamza and Mendy I guess but usual midfield trio return. Hopefully Evans has another game in him before a rest next weekend. 

Not 100% sure but have a feeling it was 1st April 2017 against Hull in the league though think he may have scored 1 in the FA Cup the following season though he was injured for most of it. He's still a real handful though and Newcastle seem to play a lot of old fashioned high balls towards him. Slightly concerned how we will deal with that as we are not the best in the air or the most physical of teams.

Will be a lot tougher than some on here will predict as they are actually quite decent at home. Really could use another win though.

Edited by reynard

54 minutes ago, reynard said:

Not 100% sure but have a feeling it was 1st April 2017 against Hull in the league though think he may have scored 1 in the FA Cup the following season though he was injured for most of it. He's still a real handful though and Newcastle seem to play a lot of old fashioned high balls towards him. Slightly concerned how we will deal with that as we are not the best in the air or the most physical of teams.

Will be a lot tougher than some on here will predict as they are actually quite decent at home. Really could use another win though.

I’m not 100% sure but I’ve just quickly googled it to look more knowledgeable on an online forum

:ph34r::P

• Haha 2

there is no a team or b team just a 25 man squard and you pick those in form and fresh

I would actually go with a lot of who played yesterday

That includes and I know I will get stick for this leaving Maddison and Barnes on the bench

having the two wide players in Gray and Albrighton offered great balance yesterday for me, I would bring Nidii backin and Vardy but leave it largley unchanged.

gives a good rest to some of the younger players who have played a lot of games this season before the cup semi games.

• Like 3

Strongest XI with Justin to play unless Ricardo is 100% fit. There’s a case for starting with the 4231 successful yesterday, with Ndidi & Hamza as a double pivot, & playing the same ‘3’ behind Vardy. But I expect (without any confidence) a return to 4141.

The West Ham XI to play v Wigan with Ward replacing Kasper & Soyuncu replacing Evans.

I think we'll stick with 4-1-4-1 but, in terms of personnel, revert closer to the side that went on the 8-game run. The only questions marks on that are the wingers - I would guess Perez and Gray might keep their places over Barnes and Albrighton. We're likely to go Tielemans and Maddison in midfield but Praet being totally out of the squad yesterday suggests he might play. Could be an interesting one:

Schmeichel

Ricardo  Evans  Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez Maddison Tielemans Gray

Vardy

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

I think we'll stick with 4-1-4-1 but, in terms of personnel, revert closer to the side that went on the 8-game run. The only questions marks on that are the wingers - I would guess Perez and Gray might keep their places over Barnes and Albrighton. We're likely to go Tielemans and Maddison in midfield but Praet being totally out of the squad yesterday suggests he might play. Could be an interesting one:

Schmeichel

Ricardo  Evans  Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez Maddison Tielemans Gray

Vardy

I’d like to see that team play. I actually think Pérez might get a hat-trick against his former side. I’ve gone all out and transferred him in and Captained him on FPL!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’d like to see that team play. I actually think Pérez might get a hat-trick against his former side. I’ve gone all out and transferred him in and Captained him on FPL!

Haha! Go on son! If you're feeling extra ballsy, play your treble captain lol Would make it an incredible away day as that would really rile the home fans. 

Kasper

Justin.         Evans.         Soyuncu

Ricardo.                                                       Chilwell

Ndidi

Maddison.        Tielemens

Vardy.           Nacho

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Strongest XI with Justin to play unless Ricardo is 100% fit. There’s a case for starting with the 4231 successful yesterday, with Ndidi & Hamza as a double pivot, & playing the same ‘3’ behind Vardy. But I expect (without any confidence) a return to 4141.

The West Ham XI to play v Wigan with Ward replacing Kasper & Soyuncu replacing Evans.

Or maybe Benkovic will finally get to play? In which case probably better to start alongside Jonny?

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'd put a 15m 'for sale' sign on his back to see if we could return him 50% off in the January sales!🤣

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Thanks 1