Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

2020 deathlist

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

He'd played Lee's crap dad in Not Going Out very well in the past decade, such a shame.

I had no idea who it was until I saw a picture of him. When my dad mentioned his death earlier today I didn't really know. Then saw who it was and was sad :( 

Also gone is 1970s Wales/British Lions winger JJ Williams: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/oct/29/jj-williams-former-wales-and-lions-rugby-great-dies-aged-72

Vaguely remember him as one of the key members of a great Welsh side.....back when my Dad was trying and failing to get me to prefer rugby to football.

45 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Nobby Stiles gone :(. RIP.

Nobby Stiles: World Cup winner and former Man Utd midfielder dies aged 78 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36963874

Only 4 left now of the 1966 World Cup Final team, I think - Cohen, B. Charlton, Hurst & Hunt? :(

Starting to look unlikely that any of them will see another England World Cup win.....though Hurst always looks perky when interviewed, so some of them might be around for 3-4 more tournaments yet, I suppose....

On 29/10/2020 at 10:06, Fox92 said:

Legend. RIP Bobby.

Friend of my wife went up to him after a gig and asked for an autograph. He told her to **** off. 

Tbh the woman in question is an insufferable bitch so my respect for him went up tenfold after finding this out. 

RIP Mr Ball. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Nobby Stiles gone :(. RIP.

Nobby Stiles: World Cup winner and former Man Utd midfielder dies aged 78 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36963874

Very sad. Seems a lot of them have died/developed Alzheimer's in recent years.

Out of morbid interest I looked to see how many of the German line up that day remain, was surprised only 3 have passed away.

• Sad 1

Ex-Hearts, Leeds and Rangers defender Marius Zaliukas - Aged 36..:(

Vaguely remember him whilst at Hearts.

Nothing seems to be about his cause if death, yet.

Edit: Wikipedia is stating that he died from a heart attack.

It's been a pretty bad year, hasn't it?..

Edited by Wymsey

On 30/10/2020 at 22:13, Rain King said:

Very sad. Seems a lot of them have died/developed Alzheimer's in recent years.

Sir Bobby Charlton diagnosed with dementia today. That’s five of the WC team :unsure:

• Sad 1