Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

2020 deathlist

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

When Fleetwood Mac were a blistering British blues band, before they became a bit dull radio friendly MOR rock

Absolutely. I thought at the time in 1969, this was one of the best songs ever.

Edited by Smudge

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 11:56, General Smuts said:

As the undisputed King of the Deathlist TM and as I've got little to no chance of getting on here properly before next year my way too early for next year predictions are:

1. Olivia De Haviland

2. Kirk Douglas

3. Vera Lynn

4. Olivia Newton John

5. Roberta McCain

U40 - 6ix9ine or Demi Lovato if he doesn't make the New Year

3 down. 2 to go. Someone check on John McCain's mum and Sandy from Grease.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Actor Chadwick Boseman, best known for playing Black Panther, dies aged 42.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53955912

He must have been filming a lot of movies while undergoing chemo, that takes serious strength. RIP.

Just seen this on the news. Like you say he must have carried on working through a lot of it, you have never known. He was diagnosed 4 years ago, so before Black Panther.

Really does make you realise your own mortality. I'm 37 and its scary reading this and in the last few days hearing Girls Aloud's Sarah Harding has advanced breast cancer at 38.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just seen this on the news. Like you say he must have carried on working through a lot of it, you have never known. He was diagnosed 4 years ago, so before Black Panther.

Really does make you realise your own morality. I'm 37 and its scary reading this and in the last few days hearing Girls Aloud's Sarah Harding has advanced breast cancer at 38.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking too tbh - I'm only a couple of years younger. It's scary when you can no longer take your own bodily integrity for granted.

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

He must have been filming a lot of movies while undergoing chemo, that takes serious strength. RIP.

Wow, that's very shocking. I didn't even know he had cancer and filmed so much during having it. 

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Wakanda forever!

:(

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

That's so ****ing sad. What incredible strength he must have had though to carry on working through his fight though. And to keep it private too.

I hope he was aware of how much he was loved by fans all around the world. Some of the reactions in cinemas to Endgame when he (spoilers) returns are mental:

And that's in INDIA. 

You can only really achieve that kind of reaction if you've crafted a strong character that's loved by so many. I'm gonna have to check out his other work. RIP.

On 25/07/2020 at 20:40, MrsJohnMurphy said:

When Fleetwood Mac were a blistering British blues band, before they became a bit dull radio friendly MOR rock

Abreast of the news as ever, I didn't realise that the great Peter Green had died until a couple of days ago. 

For my money the best of the British blues-inspired guitarists. 

'Man of the World' was one of the first singles I ever bought. The first line 'Shall I tell you about my life?' bringing the inevitable response from my mam; 'Don't bleeding bother!'

Jeff Beck came close, but he was the guvnor. A troubled soul,  but a great one.