Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Ghezzal

1 hour ago, Fox1970 said:

May be a different player under Rodgers.  

I didn't think he was that useless under Puel either.  Ineffective, but so was Vardy.

Well unless Rodgers has the ability to give him the pace he lacked and make his right leg more than just useful for standing on, don't see how.

BR is a bloody good coach but not sure he's that good!

20 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

Only person at the club that wanted him was Puel and his people, terrible signing and will struggle to offload him permanently 

Is this the player that played in the same side as Puel`s son?  

2 hours ago, Fox1970 said:

I didn't think he was that useless under Puel either.  Ineffective, but so was Vardy.

Yeah - being played as a centre back didn't help.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fox1970 said:

Are you a WUM? 

Vardy has never been ineffective, you obviously know nothing about football. It's not just about scoring goals (all though that is key) it's about other aspects of his play. 

Ghezzal was basically out of his depth, tried hard no doubt, but in reality division three / four standard. 

Why don't you go and support Forest, if Vardy is so close effective, 

If he came back, I'd actually like to see him given at least one chance. He didn't do well at all first time round, but might be different under Rodgers. However, Rodgers sent him on loan for a reason.

He's the only player I remember getting loudly booed as he was being subbed on. Must have affected his confidence - he became a scapegoat. Iheanacho's turned it around; maybe he could to with a bit more confidence.

I'm ever the optimist.

He had a touch of the Knockaerts about him. 

Quite clearly skilful and capable of scoring a long range Screamer, however totally ineffective for the most part at this level, due to pace, power and aggression. To a degree, I think the language barrier didn’t help. 

That display against Everton last year (Xmas / New Year), where he was dragged after 45 minutes, convinced me, he wasn’t right for us. 

He’d be better in a different team maybe, or even as a 10, rather than a winger. Ultimately, Puel got this one wrong for me.  In the grand scheme of things, it’s nowhere near as bad for the money involved and expectation level as Slimani or Silva. He’s only one of a few duff transfer that Puel landed us with, which upon review, isn’t bad.