Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

Reckon they're going to rough us up in this one and with no Ndidi the battering will be less protected. 

The team I'd select today is;

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Praet Choudhury

Perez Maddison Tielemans

Vardy

Tactically, I'd get the players to pass to each other and move around a lot. They need to tackle the opposition and Schmeichel needs to make saves. They need to get the ball into Burnley's goal as much as possible and stop them from putting it into ours, that should do it. 

Not a lot of height or muscle in that team , would have to keep the ball on the ground and not get caught in possession . Burnley are not in our class football wise but they are bigger and will try to make it a physical battle.

I worry about our lack of height and physical presence generally and there is no side more capable of exploiting that than these. 

Hence I would bring Benkovic in and go to 3 at the back. Play 2 sitting midfielders in Choudhury and Mendy to cover the wing backs and take Chilwell out of the equation because he's not direct enough or brave enough with the ball going forward. 

I'd go with: 

Schmeichel 

Soyuncu 

Evans

Benkovic 

Pereira 

Mendy 

Choudhury 

Albrighton 

Maddison 

Iheanacho 

Vardy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I worry about our lack of height and physical presence generally and there is no side more capable of exploiting that than these. 

Hence I would bring Benkovic in and go to 3 at the back. Play 2 sitting midfielders in Choudhury and Mendy to cover the wing backs and take Chilwell out of the equation because he's not direct enough or brave enough with the ball going forward. 

I'd go with: 

Schmeichel 

Soyuncu 

Evans

Benkovic 

Pereira 

Mendy 

Choudhury 

Albrighton 

Maddison 

Iheanacho 

Vardy

Height is a myth. 

Out of both of our 25 man squads Burnley average height is only 1cm taller than ours. 

Our shortest player is taller than theirs and their tallest player is 1cm taller than ours. 

👀

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Height is a myth. 

Out of both of our 25 man squads Burnley average height is only 1cm taller than ours. 

Our shortest player is taller than theirs and their tallest player is 1cm taller than ours. 

👀

Without Ndidi, it becomes a problem for me. 

Burnley have 3 serious aerial threats in Wood, Tarkowski and Mee. 

Besides Evans and Soyuncu who picks up the third? 

2 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Chilwell is decent in the air, vardy too.

Whether we would mark that way I dont know however, how many goals have Burnely scored from set peicies? I'd be interested to know. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Chilwell is decent in the air, vardy too.

Whether we would mark that way I dont know however, how many goals have Burnely scored from set peicies? I'd be interested to know. 

they‘ve averaged one shot on target a game for the last month, and we have the second best defence in the league. 

setting up with extra defenders and extra defensive midfielders is a mad suggestion as far as i’m concerned. that’s the type of thing we should be thinking about when we play man city, not fu cking burnley. 

they might win a few headers in our box but if we play a decent enough attacking side we will be about 6-0 up by then so nobody will give the slightest of shits. 

• Like 1

Get at them early! Have noticed how we’ve started lately has set the tempo for the result! Newcastle out the blocks quick and got 2 goals in the first half! Southampton started slowly and never got going lost the game! Start early high tempo just like villa away we win the game by a similar score line! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I don’t think you’ll be much of a threat.

Whoops! Apologies ..... just realised .... it’s a double “e” :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

they‘ve averaged one shot on target a game for the last month, and we have the second best defence in the league. 

setting up with extra defenders and extra defensive midfielders is a mad suggestion as far as i’m concerned. that’s the type of thing we should be thinking about when we play man city, not fu cking burnley. 

they might win a few headers in our box but if we play a decent enough attacking side we will be about 6-0 up by then so nobody will give the slightest of shits. 

Correct sir. 

Move the ball quick with the players we have and like we know we can we pull Burnley all over the place. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Exactly ..... We should play an attacking line up and play them off the park (which we are perfectly capable of)

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Height is a myth. 

👀

Its not all about height  ,we have so many skinny players who constantly get knocked onto their backsides . Huth would make two of Maddison.

Have absolutely got to improve from our last 4 performances. 

Burnley and West Ham are must wins considering Chelsea, Wolves and Man City fast approaching. 

If we play as we have been doing these last 4 games, we'll likely find ourselves at 5th..

I was heckled for saying we would lose to Southampton if we played like we have been so il await further heckles. 

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Have absolutely got to improve from our last 4 performances. 

Burnley and West Ham are must wins considering Chelsea, Wolves and Man City fast approaching. 

If we play as we have been doing these last 4 games, we'll likely find ourselves at 5th..

I was heckled for saying we would lose to Southampton if we played like we have been so il await further heckles. 

Southampton are in good form so it was never going to be easy , but even in our current moderate form we should be too good for Burnley. No real hiding place if we cock this one up.  

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I reckon the script was written for us to lose to Southampton. It just had that air of inevitability about it. 

Yep, we've simply got to raise our game against Burnley. Not just for a result but equally to show that we've still got it. We've played some beautiful football this season, but it's in danger of becoming a distant memory. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Southampton are in good form so it was never going to be easy , but even in our current moderate form we should be too good for Burnley. No real hiding place if we cock this one up.  

Put quite simply along with Norwich, Burnley are the weakest team in the prem on last 5 form - 1 point, as An Sionnach said no hiding place ( and no excuses) if we get anything other than a win here.

Burnley have lots of key men out too.

Confident we'll win 2-0 no matter what team we field.