Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

Guest An Sionnach
8 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

If Fuchs does start then I'd like to see Chillers on the bench. Absolutely love Fuchsy but he's not got the legs for 90 minutes now. Against Villa I thought he was 8/10 first half and 5/10 second half. He read the game brilliantly in the first 45 but they doubled up on him in the second and exposed his lack of pace. He really struggled after half time and Jonny was going mad at him for the entire second half.

With Wilf out and Mendy playing he is needed to counteract any aerial threat because if Burnley are chasing the game they will go route 1.  .2-0 up and ten minutes to go probably bring Benko on as well , we need to get this job done.

Edited by An Sionnach

Decent team that. Sean got the last one right and got it right multiple times last season so it's probably correct. Praet for Tielemans I'm not 100% sold on because although Praet was decent in the last match I still don't think he's had a match where he's played at peak Maddison / Tielemans level. But Burnley is a very different test to usual because they bypass midfield entirely so despite Mendy and Praet not being the most physical it may not actually matter. We need to get our foot on the ball and play though, because we've really sturggled to to do that over the last 4-6 weeks whereas we were mint at it a bit earlier in the season.

Make no mistake about it tomorrow is a real test. Tons of games coming up now in quick succession means we need to use the depth of our squad.

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

It's the perfect opportunity to play Fuchs. Brendan can come out and say it was tactical based on his height and physicality, but in actual fact he takes Chilwell out of the firing line, gives him some rest, and can bring him back on Wednesday when he should be okay against probably Snodgrass.

I never did get the dislike for Mendy, it wasn't his fault he was played with Ndidi when he ought to be competing with him. I get the impression that a Brendan Rodgers team relies on a more positionally steady focal point at 'no. 6' - Lucas Leiva, Scott Brown, Steven Gerrard, Nampalys Mendy as opposed to Emre Can, Jordan Henderson, Hamza Choudhury.

Hamza is a very similar player to Henderson I think, and Rodgers ultimately preferred Gerrard in the deeper role despite the fact you'd say Henderson is the more 'defensive' player. You need composure, positional awareness and the ability to turn on the ball at the blink of the eye in that role, and Hamza struggles in those areas.

Praet should help us keep the ball (easy to get drawn into playing their hoofball).

Mendy = Joe Allen and Hamza = Henderson ????

Guest An Sionnach

Once again Hamza is a different player to Mendy and Ndidi , they are principally protecting the C.Bs. Hamza is a box to box midfielder, supporting the attack as well as covering the wide defenders. If he had played against Man City,  Mahrez would not have found it so easy. Fabinho plays the Ndidi role for Liverpool and Henderson does the box to box work.

Edited by An Sionnach

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

If Fuchs does start then I'd like to see Chillers on the bench. Absolutely love Fuchsy but he's not got the legs for 90 minutes now. Against Villa I thought he was 8/10 first half and 5/10 second half. He read the game brilliantly in the first 45 but they doubled up on him in the second and exposed his lack of pace. He really struggled after half time and Jonny was going mad at him for the entire second half. Would be useful to have Ben to come on when Christian starts to tire.

Depends on who else on the bench. If we are only carrying one FB on the bench (most likely), I would opt for Justin since he can comfortably cover both RB and LB.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Weirdly, I'm more optimistic for this than I was.

I’m the opposite, just the Leicester of old hanging around in my psyche. 

Burnley are very hot and cold, I can see them being right up for this. Throw in our recent performances and missing the big bad Wilf And I’m nervous. 

Would love another decent away performance to bring the confidence back and cement the top four position. 

• Like 2