Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

What team would I play against Burnley - it depends how attacking we want to be (Tielemans or Nacho?)  I think we need more speed in the team atm - it's all been far too slow recently, allowing teams to press us into oblivion.  Chilwell has suffered most because of this, and I think is part of the problem's cause too, unfortunately - maybe he'd do a lot better further up the pitch?

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Mendy

Gray Madderz (Tiel) Barnes/Chillerz

Vardy (Nacho)

Whoever Rogers selects to play in whatever formation I don’t really care for this game.

as long as the players get in their heads that the world is doubting their ability and use that as motivation to totally destroy Burnley with speed and power . There needs to some redemption for the recent poor performances.

some very big games are coming up and we need to start playing like the dogs bollox again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am worried about this one, which I guess only shows how good we were before Christmas. Since then, we seem to have forgotten how we play. I'm hoping the problem is just one of too many games in a short spell. Though, tbh, I'm not convinced of that. I'm hoping this week will give players some recharge and 'wake up' time. I reckon Chilwell needs some bench time, even if fatigue is not his problem, as he's been getting progressively worse. Against Villa, there was an excuse on offer (formation) - against Southampton, he had no such excuse, he was simply dire.

We miss Ndidi, that's without doubt, but I don't think that's the only problem we have. Above all, I want to see a performance that allays my fears - fears that the wheels are starting to come off. I'm a natural born pessimist that likes to be wrong!

Burnley will be robust and Wood will score. So that's me going for a 1-something scoreline.

Edited by mabrah
  • Like 1

On 11/01/2020 at 18:34, twister said:

My line up would be full of experience at Burnley who will look to press and bully

so       Kasper            

Ricardo Cags Evans Fuchs

Albrighton Youri Hamza Gray

Vardy Nacho

pick the players fresh and in form and frankly Maddison, Barnes,  and Chilwell are out of form and tired and need time on the training group too work on a few things.

next two games are huge cause the finish to the season is very very difficult so team need points now.

I do love a well thought out post based upon knowledge of the opposition and football knowledge in general.

Personally, i base mine on "i ****ing hate burnley and dyche, they are shit and i hope they get relegated,

Should beat them but always remember them coming for the draw and leaving with a one nil win (similar to when villa took the lead in the cup)"

But i still came to the same conclusion as you so backs up that my way of doing it is just as good 😂

On 11/01/2020 at 18:36, ithuriel said:

If this was a home game, I'd be worried, we are pants at home presently.

Well "more" worried anyway.

(The last few games have scarred me and only just finished the whole post match thread from the weekend, so coming into this thread bit jaded/broken)

Edited by gw_leics772
More waffle

Guest An Sionnach

A pragmatic approach needed here , it worked well against West Ham . A 1-0 victory based on a solid defensive performance will do just fine. 

On 12/01/2020 at 15:09, murphy said:

I don't know.  Do we drop him and risk denting his confidence further or does Brendan use those much vaunted man-management skills and spend some time with him this week.  Get him revved up and feeling eight feet tall and let him play his way out of the doldrums?  It's not like he's become a bad player.  We know what he can do, we need to get him back to that level.

The way to bring confidence back is a spell out of the side, you cant play players back into confidence, clearly proven with Nacho.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

I struggle with elite class athletes being "tired", last week I worked 6 days, 80 hours, played league squash twice, walked the dog 7 times and surprised the missus once, I'm over 50, un-elite and yes I'm a bit tired but do me a favour, how is a player in his early 20's feckin tired playing football even twice a week!!!

Chilwell isn't tired he's not playing well is all, he needs bench time to remind him that he is not yet the £50 million man the press tell him he is.

Nothing like competition to focus the mind.

Spot on..!!

.Though sometimes a few well Aimed wise words & coaching,can also Work wonders.

Some fans easily forget his good moments and Good tackles during the same games,where mistakes were so obvious where he or any other player know they Need to improve und Pick up on.

For some reason its not clicking for him on a consistent & confidence level. Bench Time could allow him Time to reasses his own game & Set up,plus where he can refind that form,that got him his 1st International caps..

Though..Its also unfair to presume he carries an afluence of arrogance that he believes hes undroppable,  and is playing his best football,plus has nothing more to learn. I am sure they are hurting and realise there is still hard Work ahead.

Also the whole Backline have to question,how come they have leaked more goals in this period,even when ignoring the Man.City & L'pool results.

Instability in midfield has  also led to defensive lapses.

I still believe we can see, positive Partnerships in Chills & Barnes, also Chills & Gray. It just needs some more targetted disciplined work.

Again the DM stability would help. Choudhoury has had more Good games,but like some others didnt find his game against Southampton.

Whatever the selection and set up, BRodgers has got it right more times than not,and hell alot more Times than pre-Match suggestions from fans..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

Away v burnley horrible game, need to dig in but also allow our quality to win us the game. Burnley don't have a Maddison or a Ricardo, let's let these 2 dictate the game. 

Kasper

Fuchs

Evans

Soyuncu 

Ricardo 

Hamza 

Praet 

Maddison 

Perez

Albrighton 

Vardy

Tell Hamza and Dennis to hold, then the 3 in front to roam and swap and get behind their midfield. Albrighton helps the full back where Barnes doesn't, Chilwell needs a rest and kick up the arse, Perez is better as a CF wouldn't mind if Nacho was ahead of him though let Maddison roam around from the left. Youri, Gray, Barnes, Nacho on bench if needed. 2-1 win happy days. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The way to bring confidence back is a spell out of the side, you cant play players back into confidence, clearly proven with Nacho.

Of course you can.  Players play through spells of poor form all the time and come out the other side.  Strikers go on lean spells and play through them.

All Nacho has ever proven is that he is a total enigma.  Remember, he has been dropped and then played several times before without being effective.

4 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Kasper     

Soyuncu Evans Benkovic

Mendy Hamza

Ricardo Madderz Albrighton 

Vardy Nacho

This, but Fuchs for Benko :scarf:

(Need a snood emoji)

Edited by Permafrost
snood
  • Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach
6 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

This, but Fuchs for Benko :scarf:

That looks pretty solid to me , Maddison might have to get the long ball game out but you know sometimes winning ugly is very satisfying.

Edited by An Sionnach

11 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

I struggle with elite class athletes being "tired", last week I worked 6 days, 80 hours, played league squash twice, walked the dog 7 times and surprised the missus once, I'm over 50, un-elite and yes I'm a bit tired but do me a favour, how is a player in his early 20's feckin tired playing football even twice a week!!!

Chilwell isn't tired he's not playing well is all, he needs bench time to remind him that he is not yet the £50 million man the press tell him he is.

I've got this one boys...

*Ahem*

"Ok, Boomer"

11 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

.... Thracian? 

• Haha 3

Just hope Rodgers has got the lads fired up for this one, need to stem the attacks down our left hand side as that’s where we concede the bulk of goals, maybe time to give Justin a go at left back or wing back with Ricardo doing the business on the right, with a 3 of Evans, Soyuncu & Benkovic, Choudhury & Praet/Mendy DMs, Tielemans & Maddison AMs with Vardy doing what he does best... :scarf:

34 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

be fuming if we set up defensively for this. we are on a completely different level to these, just put out our best team and beat them. 

they've lost 4 of their last 5 at home, including being comfortably beaten by palace and aston villa. they've had 5 shots on target in their last 5 games. they are disgustingly bad. 

Yeah. Hope Brendan doesn't over think this and we just go and play our game.