Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

I DEFINITELY would not go into this game playing two holding midfielders and 3 centre backs

We need to get at em, keep it on the ground and pass through them.

Attack will be the best form of defence in this game. 
We don’t want to get embroiled in a dull slug fest and a probable one nil loss. 

Edited by Col city fan

It's the perfect opportunity to play Fuchs. Brendan can come out and say it was tactical based on his height and physicality, but in actual fact he takes Chilwell out of the firing line, gives him some rest, and can bring him back on Wednesday when he should be okay against probably Snodgrass.

I never did get the dislike for Mendy, it wasn't his fault he was played with Ndidi when he ought to be competing with him. I get the impression that a Brendan Rodgers team relies on a more positionally steady focal point at 'no. 6' - Lucas Leiva, Scott Brown, Steven Gerrard, Nampalys Mendy as opposed to Emre Can, Jordan Henderson, Hamza Choudhury.

Hamza is a very similar player to Henderson I think, and Rodgers ultimately preferred Gerrard in the deeper role despite the fact you'd say Henderson is the more 'defensive' player. You need composure, positional awareness and the ability to turn on the ball at the blink of the eye in that role, and Hamza struggles in those areas.

Praet should help us keep the ball (easy to get drawn into playing their hoofball).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I DEFINITELY would not go into this game playing two holding midfielders and 3 centre backs

If Sean’s information is valid, we are not going in with 2 holding midfielders and 3 centre backs. Rather, we start with Praet over Tielemans and Fuchs over Chilwell, while Mendy starts as a more purpose-fit defensive/holding midfielder over Hamza.

We would still have Hamza, Tielemans, Chilwell (or Justin), Gray, Iheanacho (in addition to Morgan/Benkovich and Ward) on the bench to switch things up (or defend our lead) as necessary. 
>

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There’s only 2 cbs in that lineup.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

Probably get six clear cut chances tomorrow , bury half of them and job done . No more careless off sides please . I would expect our defense to be up to the job with Fuchs and Mendy playing so its all about our strikers.

18 minutes ago, mabrah said:

Serious question; is the lineup even decided this early? 

I'd imagine so as they'd need to be working on in it in training, especially if there's a big change to the setup like in that prediction. 

The big question: Is this prediction to be believed? Bewilderingly he tweeted a few matches a go and was spot on with a lineup that would be difficult to guess. 

Edited by Collymore

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'd imagine so as they'd need to be working on in it in training, especially if there's a big change to the setup like in that prediction. 

The big question: Is this prediction to be believed? Bewilderingly he tweeted a few matches a go and was spot on with a lineup that would be difficult to guess. 

Remarkably he seems to always get these correct (bar one I believe) 

On 16/01/2020 at 17:17, jeffschlupp said:

Doesn't look like either Chilwell or Choudhury trained with the squad this morning from the video they've put on the website. Every other outfield player apart from them two plus Amartey and Ndidi (known injuries) were there from what I could make out.

I'd have had a serious look at bringing in Fuchs and Mendy anyway, but interested to know if they're injured when Brendan does his presser tomorrow.

Here it is... Who is this Schlupp guy anyway!

chances of making the 4.21 train home? i’ve been before but i cannot remember where the station is, the only time i’ve ever got the train was the lunchtime one in the championship winning year and we stayed behind to serenade sky sports for about half an hour. 

Guest An Sionnach
10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Looking forward to seeing Pérez jump out of every mee 50/50 challenge .......

He would fit inside one of Heskey's legs! Having said that he rarely gets injured to be fair.

Edited by An Sionnach

If Fuchs does start then I'd like to see Chillers on the bench. Absolutely love Fuchsy but he's not got the legs for 90 minutes now. Against Villa I thought he was 8/10 first half and 5/10 second half. He read the game brilliantly in the first 45 but they doubled up on him in the second and exposed his lack of pace. He really struggled after half time and Jonny was going mad at him for the entire second half. Would be useful to have Ben to come on when Christian starts to tire.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 2