Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

Really need Wilf back for his calmness in midfield, hoping Brendan has learned from that debacle that was home to Southampton but really feel that video of the 0-9 drubbing Before the game got their backs up gave them extra motivation to go an beat us !

But surely we can’t be that Bad again V Burnley surely not ?

Bit of a Brendan kick up the arse , Vardy grabs a Hatrick and we win 0-4 Chilwell grabs one too !!

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Really need Wilf back for his calmness in midfield, hoping Brendan has learned from that debacle that was home to Southampton but really feel that video of the 0-9 drubbing Before the game got their backs up gave them extra motivation to go an beat us !

But surely we can’t be that Bad again V Burnley surely not ?

Bit of a Brendan kick up the arse , Vardy grabs a Hatrick and we win 0-4 Chilwell grabs one too !!

Could do with messi just behind vards but that ain’t happening either!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Good news, Lawrenson has backed us to loose this week - cue the obligatory 2-0 away win! I am hoping to see a much better performance with a bit of a break under their belt. We need to move the ball quickly and get back to those fast interchanges that we had become so good at. Burnley are in poor form, have lots of injuries, and I imagine confidence is a bit fragile currently. The first goal will be key 

Burnley are on a bad run but so are we so it's a battle of the out of form teams in the league. My Burnley mate tells me they are even getting stick from their fans which is rare and he thinks we will win. A Brendan pick me up I hope has worked for this week. We've got to compete though and I would play James Justin in place of Chilly if he needs a break from the action. 

• Like 1

Just please let’s have some width up top. 4 CMs, however they play, doesn’t work; and never has for anyone. For the avoidance of doubt, Maddison’s not a wide midfielder in any sense. Play Barnes at LW and I think Chilly’s issues disappear, play Gray or Perez out right, and we’ll destroy them. 

23 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

I struggle with elite class athletes being "tired", last week I worked 6 days, 80 hours, played league squash twice, walked the dog 7 times and surprised the missus once, I'm over 50, un-elite and yes I'm a bit tired but do me a favour, how is a player in his early 20's feckin tired playing football even twice a week!!!

Chilwell isn't tired he's not playing well is all, he needs bench time to remind him that he is not yet the £50 million man the press tell him he is.

Nothing like competition to focus the mind.

Luxury!   When I were a lad....

It's a lame argument to make this kind of comparison.  Fatigue in sport is not about whether you can cope with the workload or that the poor lambs are too tired to run about, it's about whether you can keep your performance at it's optimum level. 

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Just please let’s have some width up top. 4 CMs, however they play, doesn’t work; and never has for anyone. For the avoidance of doubt, Maddison’s not a wide midfielder in any sense. Play Barnes at LW and I think Chilly’s issues disappear, play Gray or Perez out right, and we’ll destroy them. 

In other words, same as against Southampton? Hmmm

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

seriously ...... if it’s funny then I get it but it’s really not ....... give the fella a chance to regain his confidence and get behind him, don’t abuse him..... the more sarcastic, the worse it can be as it belittles one of our best talents. 

if I was him and I thought a big part of our support felt this way then I would be rushing to get out and prove them all wrong.  And getting out doesn’t mean on the pitch at the KP ...... we need a Ben in good form next few months for our CL qualification..... so does he for his england place .....

Of course I support him, and any other of our players, but he is in poor form, we either keep playing him nonetheless in the hope he quickly regains his form or we rotate the squad, its not belittling him.

Yeah we need a Ben in good form, when was the last time that he was? Away at Saints? would of been nice if Musa, Ghezzal, Slim and others were shown this same amount of patience. Even Gray, Nacho, and to an extent Mendy were heavily criticized on here.

People say Fuchs hasn't got the legs anymore, ok well then Ben hasn't got the pass, vision or decision making. Give Fuchs a run out, with Albrighton infront of him. You never know, maybe the competition will spark Ben's desire to prove us wrong. 

Edited by Guybino
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guybino said:

Of course I support him, and any other of our players, but he is in poor form, we either keep playing him nonetheless in the hope he quickly regains his form or we rotate the squad, its not belittling him.

Yeah we need a Ben in good form, when was the last time that he was? Away at Saints? would of been nice if Musa, Ghezzal, Slim and others were shown this same amount of patience. Even Gray, Nacho, and to an extent Mendy were heavily criticized on here.

Taking the piss/sarcasm doesn’t address the issue though ........ that’s my moan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, somebum said:

Should beat these as they are awful but you don't know at the minute which Rodgers is going to turn up, Brendan or Kenny

It was certainly more "Coward of the county" against Southampton......a strong reaction in response, hopefully. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

His thread is twice as long as War and Peace and I defy anyone to read it from the beginning. If Ben had been consistent and showed a trend of gradual improvement in his technique it could have been a quarter of the length . I would settle for a string of solid , steady performances from him right now because that is all the team needs.

Edited by An Sionnach

I had a dream about this match last night.....

For some reason Vardy wasn't playing and we had a tall, slim, speedy black guy up front. I couldn't work out whether Gray had bulked up in the gym or we'd got Wlfried Zaha in on an emergency loan.

Anyway, we were 1-0 up but defending under pressure just before half-time when Zaha-Gray burst clear on the counter, ran the length of the pitch and sent a rocket over the keeper from 30m to put us 2-0 up.

Imagine that goal that Son scored for Spurs a couple of weeks back, put Vardy's finish at home to Liverpool a few years ago on the end of it.....that was the goal scored by Zaha-Gray.

Sadly, I didn't find out the final result as the dream sequence shifted, possibly to Alex Hamilton's pert buttocks swiveling in her tight-fitting dress and her strange, smeary mouth as she informs us of rising high pressure in the south.

She was definitely in the dream somewhere.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I had a dream about this match last night.....

For some reason Vardy wasn't playing and we had a tall, slim, speedy black guy up front. I couldn't work out whether Gray had bulked up in the gym or we'd got Wlfried Zaha in on an emergency loan.

Anyway, we were 1-0 up but defending under pressure just before half-time when Zaha-Gray burst clear on the counter, ran the length of the pitch and sent a rocket over the keeper from 30m to put us 2-0 up.

Imagine that goal that Son scored for Spurs a couple of weeks back, put Vardy's finish at home to Liverpool a few years ago on the end of it.....that was the goal scored by Zaha-Gray.

Sadly, I didn't find out the final result as the dream sequence shifted, possibly to Alex Hamilton's pert buttocks swiveling in her tight-fitting dress and her strange, smeary mouth as she informs us of rising high pressure in the south.

She was definitely in the dream somewhere.

Thanks Alf, best of luck with your appointments in the coming weeks.

• Haha 2

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Thanks Alf, best of luck with your appointments in the coming weeks.

Cheers, but appointments all done for now (I hope).....except if Gray (or Zaha) scores twice for LCFC in the first half at Burnley, in which case I expect to be appointed as Club Shaman (what did the Buddhist monks do for us v. Saints?).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Burnley are rubbish but I got a bad feeling about this one.

Literally can’t predict it. If we turn up and play how we can, we win.

If we don’t then Burnley could easily get 2 or 3

Yep, I'm with you there. We haven't 'played' for a while now and it gives me the jitters for Sunday. I don't reckon Burnley need to that good either, just turn up the heat and get in our faces. Southampton beat us with desire and energy alone. Burnley will be physical, that's a given, I'm worried we'll fold in the face of that. If we play the way we played pre-Christmas then we'll be ok, but those performances are starting to seem like a while ago now - I want to see us click again. 

• Like 1