Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is possible

brendan can easily sell Chilwell not playing as a rest rather than dropping him on the basis that he played the Wigan  game 

I would expect to see gray i/o barnes 

after Saturday, brendan may not trust hamza in that role on his own, especially away from home 

Give Chilwell a game off. Bring him back for the West Ham home game maybe but give him support by Albrighton or someone in front of him.

Hamza I was debating. I guess Mendy could be a possible option, I thought Praet but not sure about a defensive role for him. Good on the ball but not sure he can break up play.

On 11/01/2020 at 18:26, sdb said:

They'll aim to bully us. And I fear they'll succeed. 

to be fair we’re pretty lightweight for the physical stuff so that could be the case. We’ll have to drag our pre xmas form out of the closet to win but the way many are not performing it is unlikely. 

8 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Groundswell of fans now wanting chillwell to get benched. Maybe Rogers will finally think so too. Fuchs can handle the pressure.

Nachos is hungry and wants to score so let him have at it with Vardy from the start. 

whatever formation we play I just want the team to kickoff in the highest gear. Anything less is a recipe for disaster. We have to blitz them and get 2 goals atleast in the 1st half. Players need to know the club is serious. Let’s get out of this mental malaise and start playing like we know we can with some spirit and fight!

Not sure Rodgers will do this, he’s pretty stubborn with his thinking and seems to inately trust Chilwell and Perez regardless of poor performance. I don’t think he will start Nacho either after that Norwich aberration. 

I agree with your thinking though as we need a 2 goal start the way we’re playing. 

For me at this point and with the losses both of Ndidi and of recent games I'd pick experience over perceived talent, so Fuchs for Chilwell and Albrighton for Barnes to support Fuchs. Wilf is irreplaceable so play a different system for Burnley - 3 at the back with Benkovitch, Evans and Soyuncu or Wes if Benkovic is unfit.

I'd then play Ricardo, Tielemans and Maddison leaving St Jamie and one other.... Perez or Nacho... I'd  spin a coin, then pick Nacho.

I was never a fan but the lad is clearly devoted, hard working and above all on form. So:

Casp

Evans, Soyuncu, Benkovic

Ricardo, Tiel, Maddi, Fuchs, Albrighton

Vardy, Nacho

Edited by Realjimbo
Mistake

9 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

For me at this point and with the losses both of Ndidi and of recent games I'd pick experience over perceived talent, so Fuchs for Chilwell and Albrighton for Barnes. Wilf is irreplaceable so play a different system for Burnley - 3 at the back with Benkovitch, Evans and Soyuncu or Wes if Benkovic is unfit.

I'd then play Praet, Tielemans and Maddison leaving St Jamie and one other.... Perez or Nacho... I'd  spin a coin, then pick Nacho.

I was never a fan but the lad is clearly devoted, hard working and above all on form.

We’re second in the league we don’t need to go all defensive away at Burnley to try and soften their blow. We need to get at these early and score the first goal. Also you’ve said you want experience but picked Benkovic the man with zero premier league minutes behind him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

We’re second  third in the league we don’t need to go all defensive away at Burnley to try and soften their blow. We need to get at these early and score the first goal. Also you’ve said you want experience but picked Benkovic the man with zero premier league minutes behind him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

We’re second in the league we don’t need to go all defensive away at Burnley to try and soften their blow. We need to get at these early and score the first goal. Also you’ve said you want experience but picked Benkovic the man with zero premier league minutes behind him.

Finally we can stop saying this as an excuse/justification for bad form! 

Edited by Guybino
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

I'd pick Wes if I thought he'd make h/t, don't think this is too defensive, just different bearing in mind the absence of Ndidi.

I was thinking this. Evans and Soy can't play every game, Wes should be able to handle Burnley's attack as it is all long balls and two big blokes up top. That's if he is even fit.

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Rodgers out, then? Why does everything have to be so black and white? Loss of form is complex. I understand the desire to confidently offer simple solutions, but there's so much we don't know. 

Why do so many managers ignore the obvious and end up sacked . I just don't know. I am optimistic that he will sort things out and make the necessary decisions to improve our performance levels which is all we really want. There is no real damage done so far , a couple of victories will put us right back on course . The performances during the great escape showed what a confident , motivated team can do. If we can match that then everybody will be more than happy.

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Why do so many managers ignore the obvious and end up sacked . I just don't know. I am optimistic that he will sort things out and make the necessary decisions to improve our performance levels which is all we really want. There is no real damage done so far , a couple of victories will put us right back on course . The performances during the great escape showed what a confident , motivated team can do. If we can match that then everybody will be more than happy.

I can only guess that what you or I might regard as obvious isn't as clear cut to management. However, I agree with everything else you just said. 

Having chosen my team for this tricky match, here's the one I reckon the gaffer will pick, basically first choice team with Hamza being asked to fill Wilfs big boots... Hope I'm wrong cos I'm not confident this team will beat Burnley @TM, @TM.

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Cags

Chilwell

Hamza

Tielemans

Maddison

Barnes

Perez

Vardy

18 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

For me at this point and with the losses both of Ndidi and of recent games I'd pick experience over perceived talent, so Fuchs for Chilwell and Albrighton for Barnes to support Fuchs. Wilf is irreplaceable so play a different system for Burnley - 3 at the back with Benkovitch, Evans and Soyuncu or Wes if Benkovic is unfit.

I'd then play Ricardo, Tielemans and Maddison leaving St Jamie and one other.... Perez or Nacho... I'd  spin a coin, then pick Nacho.

I was never a fan but the lad is clearly devoted, hard working and above all on form. So:

Casp

Evans, Soyuncu, Benkovic

Ricardo, Tiel, Maddi, Fuchs, Albrighton

Vardy, Nacho

I'm assuming Fuchs and Albrighton are mixed up? Either way we shouldn't be bloody starting any game with Albrighton in CM. Use Hamza or Mendy.