Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

I have no idea if Sean's info is remotely valid but I don't hate that lineup.  Praet was the only MF who bothered to turn up for Soton, he has to play.  And Hamza looked overmatched as the sole holding MF - Mendy deserves a chance to start.  And given that Burnley and Newcastle park the bus more than anybody in the league, you don't really need a destroyer back there, and Mendy's distribution is quicker and cleaner.

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Looking forward to seeing Pérez jump out of every mee 50/50 challenge .......

Genuinely interested to know what stats you’re basing that on? Last season he made more tackles than any offensive player in the league and this season he’s made the 6 most tackles of anyone in our squad despite player fewer minutes than those around him on the list? Not saying you’re wrong I’m just genuinely interested. Empirically, what makes you confident he jumps out if 50/50s? X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

Guest An Sionnach
7 minutes ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Must win today. A lot of the teams around us have dropped points over the weekend so a great chance to capitalise and make it not count for them.

A couple of Maddison long balls for Vardy to run on to , Burnley done for. No slow multi-passing build up today , quick , simple and incisive. Barnes should be given the chance to see if he can match Vardy's ability to outpace their back line.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A couple of Maddison long balls for Vardy to run on to , Burnley done for. No slow multi-passing build up today , quick , simple and incisive. Barnes should be given the chance to see if he can match Vardy's ability to outpace their back line.

Was thinking if Brendan might try that if he’s thinking of playing 3 at the back. 

Play Vardy and Barnes as the 2 and Barnes could drift over to the left to give Chilwell a hand aswell. 

This is going to come down to our performance today. Burnley are a tough physical side who don't mind putting it about.

We will need to be better than we have been and move the ball quicker. We will need to be better than in recent games. But players need to stay focused on today todays game and forget about the Villa game. If we do that I feel we can get a win. I'm going for 1.-0 or 2-1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Need Mendy to play today, never thought I’d say this but we can’t have Hamza haring around like a lunatic leaving gaps all over the place. 

Mendy has been very unlucky here. He's a very tidy footballer who is comfortable on the Ball. He would bring a steadying influence to the holding role leaving Hamza to get after the Ball.

I feel that's his best role in the team. He doesn't have the experience yet to know how to control the game or the pace of NDiddi. Good player that he is.

• Like 3