Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

Lost their last 4 games you say? They'll pop Wood up top and scrape a point or win

Schmiechel

Rick Evans Soy Fuchs/Justin

Mendy

Tiele Praet

Madderz

Vardy Nacho

Get Ch1lL3rZ out the firing line a bit. Play Nacho as he is ****ing well good.

Edited by lgfualol

Even with their form, it's not a game I'm looking forward too. Got Barnes winning a penalty off Soyuncu allover it. 

3 at the back didn't work against Villa but I think he might be tempted again, without Ndidi we need to protect the defence and he may feel he needs 3. Needs to be Benkovic rather than Fuchs though. With Fuchs at wing back, hope Chilwell regains some form but he needs a spell out the side. Would play Tielemans instead of Maddison too, and Iheanacho and Vardy together. 

• Like 2

We'll be fine, these have been so poor since they beat West Ham, even the 3-0 against Watford was a bit fortunate. We're miles better away and have the week off so should be ok. 

More worried about West Ham although also think this could be a wake up call to go on a bit of a run again. 

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Like 2

Just now, dnewty said:

Kasper

Justin

Cags 

Evans 

Fuchs

Hamza 

Tielemans

Maddison

Albrighton

Ricardo

Vardy

4-1-4-1 with ricardo on the right and albrighton on the left.

Problem is that Marc has looked as poor as everyone else recently .....

and we have a home game three days after this one .......

Big game now, I think we need a response from the team, we have looked short of gas for a while now.

Not sure what team we should play to be honest. Chilwell should be benched for a bit IMO and Fuchs brought in. Maybe playing 352 is not the worst given Burnley's direct style? Nacho looked good again when he came on, though Perez was decent today also.

We were lucky to beat Burnley at the KP earlier in the season, so I expect a very tough game here.

The next 8 days are as critical to our season as any match day. So many players "out of form" I really hope fatigue is the main cause and BR and his staff manage the break effectively to get the right combination of rest, recuperation, tactical re-focus and morale restoring. This will be a big test of his management ability.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Big game now, I think we need a response from the team, we have looked short of gas for a while now.

Not sure what team we should play to be honest. Chilwell should be benched for a bit IMO and Fuchs brought in. Maybe playing 352 is not the worst given Burnley's direct style? Nacho looked good again when he came on, though Perez was decent today also.

We were lucky to beat Burnley at the KP earlier in the season, so I expect a very tough game here.

I can't really see Fuchs playing as a wing back with nobody in front of him. Not sure he has the legs for it.

• Like 1

Kasper

Soyuncu Evans Benkovic

Ricardo Tielemans Choudary Justin

Maddison

Nacho Vardy

Subs: Ward, Chillwell, Fuchs, Mendy, Praet, Gray, Perez

I think we need two holding midfielders to give some solidarity that we lack with a solo holding mildfielder that isn't Ndidi. Tielemens usually plays deeper for Belgium so Mendy or Choudary along side him makes sense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I can't really see Fuchs playing as a wing back with nobody in front of him. Not sure he has the legs for it.

We might go 352 and have Justin or even Barnes as one of the Wing Backs. Harvey has done it before during the middle of some games.

I just don't think you can play Chilwell after today's horror show. We could of course just play 4141 and do a straight swap, which I also wouldn't be against.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Kasper

Soyuncu Evans Benkovic

Ricardo Tielemans Choudary Justin

Maddison

Nacho Vardy

Subs: Ward, Chillwell, Fuchs, Mendy, Praet, Gray, Perez

I think we need two holding midfielders to give some solidarity that we lack with a solo holding mildfielder that isn't Ndidi. Tielemens usually plays deeper for Belgium so Mendy or Choudary along side him makes sense.

I wouldn't mind this, and Fuchs on the bench to give Chilwell a nice long break. He clearly needs it because he is definitely better than this.