Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

Enjoyed Sunderland till I die but the access they get on there is sh*te. Pretty much just a documentary on the life of Sunderland’s owners. I know the manager/s have been against it but would’ve been nice to see some dressing room footage. Not got a patch on all or nothing. 

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Enjoyed Sunderland till I die but the access they get on there is sh*te. Pretty much just a documentary on the life of Sunderland’s owners. I know the manager/s have been against it but would’ve been nice to see some dressing room footage. Not got a patch on all or nothing. 

I know what you mean, although personally I found it a fascinating insight into the money side of things.

Although Charlie Methven came across as a bit of a cock, I completely understood where he was coming from and actually, they did well as owners to take the club from making a £20m loss to then break even.

The series certainly didn't provide much insight into Jack Ross or his tactics, you're right there.

• Like 4

The problem with watching Better Call Saul is that it just ruins everything else. Everything else I watch now I’m like “yeah it’s good but it’s not as good as breaking bad or better call Saul”. X 

Edited by RumbleFox

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Tiger King is ****ing boss telly isn’t it lol Absolutely insane from start to finish. Scene with James Garetson on the jet ski at the end to eye of the tiger about finished me off 

He's definitely gone to the directors and producers saying he wants his 15 mins of fame on top of any other airtime. 

GET ME ON A JET SKI BOYS!!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Nalis said:

Is Chapo work sticking with? Watched all of Narcos and watched the first episode of Chapo but felt it was budget Narcos though maybe I'm being too harsh by comparing.

I’d stick with it, as you say it’s not quite on a par with Narcos but it is still good it’s own right.

Like Narcos you have to give it 2 or 3 episodes to get going as a bit slow to start.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

The problem with watching Better Call Saul is that it just ruins everything else. Everything else I watch now I’m like “yeah it’s good but it’s not as good as breaking bad or better call Saul”. X 

Deadwood?

Not you. The series. I imagine you've seen it already. But yes, BCS is superb.

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

I know what you mean, although personally I found it a fascinating insight into the money side of things.

Although Charlie Methven came across as a bit of a cock, I completely understood where he was coming from and actually, they did well as owners to take the club from making a £20m loss to then break even.

The series certainly didn't provide much insight into Jack Ross or his tactics, you're right there.

Ridiculously defensive with a squad that really should’ve won promotion. Drew so many games 1-1 after taking the lead. 

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

People slagging him off he was only trying to do his best for the club. That female corporate manager Sophie I think her name was, rolling her eyes when he spoke. She has probably been there for years just picking a wage up for doing very little now she was being challenged she couldn’t handle it. 

The club has been run badly for years it looks like so to break even after a year of only being there like you said I think they did very well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Deadwood?

Not you. The series. I imagine you've seen it already. But yes, BCS is superb.

Aye I meant nothing on Netflix. Deadwood amazing though I still think not as good as Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul. In my opinion obviously. For me the only things “as good” would be The Wire and the This is England series. X 

4 hours ago, Manini said:

Tiger King is ****ing boss telly isn’t it lol Absolutely insane from start to finish. Scene with James Garetson on the jet ski at the end to eye of the tiger about finished me off 

watched the first episode, thought it was pretty boring tbh. maybe i bought the hype and was expecting more. 

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

watched the first episode, thought it was pretty boring tbh. maybe i bought the hype and was expecting more. 

Probably isn’t worth the hype but it’s still great tv, stick with it.

Cant remember if I posted this in here but watch How to fix a drug scandal. Ridiculous and hilarious in equal measures.

• Like 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

Oh look FIF has put a pathetic little confused face. Imagine my shock the little weirdo 

Imagine having a subjective opinion about something you like lol

I love it. Started it earlier today. Will probably finish it later. 

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I couldn’t get past episode one as the voices put me right off. The alternative was watching in Spanish which was a no goer. Does it get better?

It’s amazing. I watched it dubbed so just stuck with it in hindsight wish I’d watched it with subtitles.

7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I couldn’t get past episode one as the voices put me right off. The alternative was watching in Spanish which was a no goer. Does it get better?

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s amazing. I watched it dubbed so just stuck with it in hindsight wish I’d watched it with subtitles.

Stick with it. I watch in Spanish with subtitles. Helps me learn the language too :D

58 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Same as Stan. I started watching it dubbed but find it much better in Spanish with English subtitles.

It absolutely gets better. Can't wait to start S4 once I've finished other stuff.