Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

15 hours ago, stix said:

There’s some decent stand up on Netflix. Americans mainly. I really enjoy listening to Bert Kreischer and Ralphie May. A bit close to the bone sometimes but funny none the less. 

I recommend Bill Burr. He is brutally funny about equality and human nature. 

You People Are All The Same is brilliant and the best one to start with. 

Edited by The Bear

Fvck it, I'm watching all of BB for the third time :D

Interesting having now watched BCS and looking back at some of the same characters in S1 of BB (Tuco, Crazy 8/Domingo, Hank, Gomey etc)

Still weird remembering that BCS is set before BB but was filmed nearly 10 years after and the actors look older when they're supposed to be younger :blink:

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Fvck it, I'm watching all of BB for the third time :D

Interesting having now watched BCS and looking back at some of the same characters in S1 of BB (Tuco, Crazy 8/Domingo, Hank, Gomey etc)

Still weird remembering that BCS is set before BB but was filmed nearly 10 years after and the actors look older when they're supposed to be younger :blink:

Had no idea Big Brother was on Netflix!

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Finished all of Money Heist. Really enjoyed it to be honest. Reminds me of Prison break with all of its constant cliffhangers and shifts of power. 

Has better longevity than Prison Break, for me. Plus one of the seasons of Prison Break was utter dog-turd. Think it was S3 or S4. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Watched first episode of Haji / Giri yesterday - was on the BBC and went under the radar. Very impressed by it - now on Netflix 

It is very good.

Not on Netflix, but would recommend The Big Lez Show for some extremely low budget classic Australian comedy (I promise the production value increases drastically after the first season). Honestly, I think it's the piece of media out there that will give you the biggest insight into Australian culture. Made by Australians, for Australians. You can find it on Youtube, the first season is only half an hour so you should be able to tell if you like it or not after that. The following seasons are each progressively longer, and with more of a plot and structure to them each time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Finished series one of Money Heist... just me i guess but seems a bit laboured... i cannot imagine how theyve got 4 seasons out of this?

Beginning to agree with you. I posted earlier that I had enjoyed the 4 episodes I had seen so far but I have now reached No 9 and see where you are coming from. Mrs. FFF gave up on it after 7.

I see there are 38 altogether. :o Can anyone convince me it is worth sticking with?

30 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Beginning to agree with you. I posted earlier that I had enjoyed the 4 episodes I had seen so far but I have now reached No 9 and see where you are coming from. Mrs. FFF gave up on it after 7.

I see there are 38 altogether. :o Can anyone convince me it is worth sticking with?

Just stick with it. There are several plot twists, moments to keep you guessing. You think you know the plan then someone comes along or something happens that makes it go tits up. But to what extent? And will they get through it? Do they escape? 

More characters come in to play in latter seasons as well. 

I'm 3 episodes into the new series of Money Heist and I don't think these new episodes are as good, although I'm still hooked as I want to see how where it goes. Its always been a bit far-fetched but its going a bit OTT now and the twists aren't as surprising. First 2 seasons are the best, once you get used to the dubbing or subtitles, I struggle to follow subtitles so watch with English dubbing.

Also there is a lack of Tokyo in her underwear. 

16 hours ago, woollett the bullet said:

Haven’t read the whole thread.

Anyone recommend Fauda ?

Ta

I actually think it's really really good but also struggle with watching it but that's just cos I get fed up of reading subtitles and dubs usually completely ruin things.