Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

On 22/04/2020 at 11:25, Izzy said:

The last episode of Better Call Saul S5 yesterday was excellent. Series 5 has been the best by far IMO.

It's still not in the same leagues as Breaking Bad though in my book...

The Better Call Saul series 5 was very good I quite agree. Perhaps we shouldn't compare it with Breaking Bad, both were outstanding.

On 22/04/2020 at 11:25, Izzy said:

The last episode of Better Call Saul S5 yesterday was excellent. Series 5 has been the best by far IMO.

It's still not in the same leagues as Breaking Bad though in my book...

Think Series 5 was incredible tbh, the latter half in particular. Not far off BB. But tbh it just pisses me off that they wasted the first 3 seasons, didn't particularly enjoy them at the time but looking back they were proper shit, only carried by it being related to BB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Think Series 5 was incredible tbh, the latter half in particular. Not far off BB. But tbh it just pisses me off that they wasted the first 3 seasons, didn't particularly enjoy them at the time but looking back they were proper shit, only carried by it being related to BB.

I got through the first 3 episodes of Better Call Saul straight after finishing Breaking Bad. Got really bored and gave up. 

Perhaps I should just leap forward into series 5. Do I need to have watched the previous 4 series to understand what's going on? 

17 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I got through the first 3 episodes of Better Call Saul straight after finishing Breaking Bad. Got really bored and gave up. 

Perhaps I should just leap forward into series 5. Do I need to have watched the previous 4 series to understand what's going on? 

Yeah watch season 4 just cos it does bridge the first 3 seasons and season 5 well, it basically covers everything you need from the first 3 seasons* and sets up a lot for season 5.

Jimmy/Saul's brother, Chuck, kills himself. That's all you need to know tbh.

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Like 1

Just watching the Sunderland thing.

What an ugly club. Dunno why but I'm enjoying their suffering. 

As an outsider, they look like a dying club to me. I reckon they've gone more generation in them before they end up a Preston or Huddersfield....relic mid sized town clubs of the industrial north with a proud past

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

As an outsider, they look like a dying club to me. I reckon they've gone more generation in them before they end up a Preston or Huddersfield....relic mid sized town clubs of the industrial north with a proud past

A proud past that wasn't as long ago as Preston or Huddersfield but not far off (apart from an FA Cup in '73).

On 01/05/2020 at 20:28, Paninistickers said:

Thought Season 2 was lot more insightful than first season.   I am only up to Jan Transfer Window episode although so I have not finished it.

Edited by The Blur

The Promise is certainly worth a watch-  it is about the massarce of Armenians by Ottoman empire during WW1 which was very moving and largely ignored in the history books apparently.   Oscar Isaac and Christian Bale are in it.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nalis said:

Losers is an interesing series, would highly recommend.

The Italian runner one was nuts. 

I stumbled across this last night.  I've seen the first 4 & it's very good.  Will watch some more today.

Burnley?  I remember them being shit, but not quite that shit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pSinatra said:

I stumbled across this last night.  I've seen the first 4 & it's very good.  Will watch some more today.

Burnley?  I remember them being shit, but not quite that shit

Yeah I saw what you mean, knew they were in Division 4 but didnt realise they were so close to going down.

Whats worse is they won the top tier in 1960, 27 years beforehand. I know they were different times but thats like Blackburn being bottom of League 2  going into the last game of the season, madness.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Started watching this on Friday night. Great doco.

massive gear change from ep 1 and 2 to ep 3 and 4, talking about how good pippen was and how he was underrated and then suddenly we've got guest appearances from carmen electra about dennis rodman's "vacation". seems like a truly brilliant geezer. 

39 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

massive gear change from ep 1 and 2 to ep 3 and 4, talking about how good pippen was and how he was underrated and then suddenly we've got guest appearances from carmen electra about dennis rodman's "vacation". seems like a truly brilliant geezer. 

Have you watched the recent Dennis Rodman 'For Better or Worse' documentary? 

Guest lcfc80
On 21/04/2020 at 11:01, StanSP said:

Just stick with it. There are several plot twists, moments to keep you guessing. You think you know the plan then someone comes along or something happens that makes it go tits up. But to what extent? And will they get through it? Do they escape? 

More characters come in to play in latter seasons as well. 

Watched all of it and enjoyed it in the main but parts 1 and 2 by far the better, almost like 3 and 4 had a different writer or something as some real strange bits.

Things I've really enjoyed if people like to binge across all -

Sneaky Pete (amazon prime)

The Night Of (ap)

Ozark (netflix)

Bosch (ap)

Start up (ap)

Gangs of London (sky)

The Stranger (nf)

The Punisher (nf)

will add some more tomorrow if i remember as loads more we've done over the last year or so that are well worth watching. BTW 'Happy' on netflix if you want something messed up, funny and a bit (a lot) different

Love, Death and Robots is a bizzare concept,  each episode is an anime short of varying length from 4-12 minutes with a standalone story by a different writer and animators.   

Edited by The Blur

12 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Last series I watched = money heist

Last film = The Platform. 

If you want something with a deep and interesting concept then the Platform is great. Very bizarre but found it very gripping.

Watched it last night and agree wih your comments. Thought the ending could have been stronger but its a very good film overall.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Watched it last night and agree wih your comments. Thought the ending could have been stronger but its a very good film overall.

Completely agree. Disappointing ending to a thoroughly interesting film.

• Like 1