Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Steven Bergwijn

Would be a great buy IMO. Would prefer a more right side biased winger but any improvement in the wings is a priority!

Crazy how loads people views of loan to buys have change so drastically since it worked so well with youri aha.

Remember when everyone was saying it's a lose lose scenario.

Now its win win!

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Typical we would get Bergwijn just as Barnes starts doing the business. He's best as a left winger, maybe move Harvey up front long term. I still want Bergwijn.

Bergwwijn can play both sides I think. It’s the signing we need to be able to have 3 wide forwards and competition for places. Perez and Barnes I genuinely think are still developing (especially the latter) but this guy is potentially different gravy - a scenario which means that with substitutions these three players could play a third less game time than they are now means we can compete across competitions... you may be right about Barnes as a 9 - I had only really thought of him as a second striker like at West Brom.

I’d keep Gray and Albrighton too next season to draw from as squad members for games like tomorrows.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Makes me wonder what we'd actually be paying to get him on loan. Trying to think what's really in it for PSV to loan him to us - obviously the potential of signing him permanently but surely that leaves open the option of us not signing him too, meaning they lost him for 6 months for what?

Don't get me wrong Bergwijn on loan, with a view to permanent would be superb stuff, exactly the type of profile I want to see us going for and stylistically what I want to see as well - when we played Man City and Liverpool I felt we just lacked any serious threat bar Vardy. I want him to be a Zaha / Adama type player.

Again would be a great signing but I don't see the logic of the reports suggesting a loan. There is no way PSV let there best player go out in this way, they'd want a big money transfer. As much as I want this to happen this seems a strange outcome, Di Marzio is about as reliable as Sean of Enderby #neverwrong 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Bergwwijn can play both sides I think. It’s the signing we need to be able to have 3 wide forwards and competition for places. Perez and Barnes I genuinely think are still developing (especially the latter) but this guy is potentially different gravy - a scenario which means that with substitutions these three players could play a third less game time than they are now means we can compete across competitions... you may be right about Barnes as a 9 - I had only really thought of him as a second striker like at West Brom.

I’d keep Gray and Albrighton too next season to draw from as squad members for games like tomorrows.

Yeah, he can play on the right no problem.  And we're certainly not married to Barnes on the left - he had success playing centrally on loan.  Options are good, and what Bergwwijn offers is a guy who's unquestionably a natural wide attacker.  Perez for sure and Barnes debatably are better playing centrally.

13 hours ago, Langston said:

Just look at him. Future millennial spice boy written all over him. Join us Steven.

I joined back in 2004. :ph34r:

Edited by Steven

https://www.goal.com/nl/nieuws/di-marzio-dolend-psv-dreigt-steven-bergwijn-tussentijds-te/kl43f8iqaowx1iejwdjs4q71a

Steven Bergwijn has appeared on the radar of Leicester City, Italian transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio assures Sky Sports.
The number three in the Premier League allegedly wants to do business this month, making it likely that PSV can receive a bid from England in the short term.

Manager Brendan Rodgers necessarily wants to finish in the top four in order to enforce a ticket for the group stage of the Champions League.

According to Di Marzio, the Northern Irish coach deems it necessary to strengthen the line of attack, as a few tough months will follow in the Premier League.

Rodgers nevertheless has the necessary alternatives for the flanks with Harvey Barnes, James Maddison, Marc Albrighton and Ayoze Pérez.

It is not the first time that Bergwijn has been associated with a transfer. In the first months of 2019, PSV's attacker was repeatedly linked to Ajax, which is said to have 40 million euros left for him.

However, a transition to Amsterdam did not get off the ground. Also rumors about a departure for Napoli were ultimately not based on truth.

Bergwijn remained loyal to PSV and signed his contract in August until mid-2023. The young attacker is going through a mixed season, partly due to a number of injuries.

In addition, PSV does not seem to have a chance on the league title, now that the gap with league-leader Ajax has risen to twelve points.

The team of interim coach Ernest Faber was eliminated early in the Europa League and to make matters worse, PSV lost Thursday in the eighth final of the TOTO KNVB Cup 2-0 to NAC Breda.

And another one:

https://www.vtbl.nl/nieuws/artikel/4996766/leicester-city-psv-bergwijn-transfer

"LEICESTER CITY AIMS ARROWS AT STEVEN BERGWIJN"

PSV has already lost the season, but it seems to be getting worse. Leicester City wants to deprive Eindhoven residents from star player Steven Bergwijn.

That reports the Italian Sky Sports. According to the Italians trainer Brendan Rodgers would be very charmed by the attacker and would like to take him to the Premier League.

Sportingly, Leicester City would currently be a big step up for Bergwijn. The 2016 champion currently occupies third place and is fully competing for the Champions League placement. It is not known whether Bergwijn has an ear for a transfer itself.

The part in bold made me chuckle!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1