Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

8 minutes ago, bmt said:

You can still work on stemming the flow, it isn't a single horse.

Agreed and we need to hope that people will comply and that seems to be the case in these early stages.  Hopefully individual's resolve will stay firm but I'm certain that some will get to the "fvuck it" stage and intermingle with others. Inevitable that the horse that has long gone and is now galloping around the country will take down society. The remaining horses need to be controlled as much as we can. Trouble is, never disregard the ignorant and stupid to undermine the rest of us.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

Agreed and we need to hope that people will comply and that seems to be the case in these early stages.  Hopefully individuals resolve will stay firm but I'm certain that some will get to the "fvuck it" stage and intermingle with others. Inevitable that the horse that has long gone and is now galloping around the country will take down society. The remaining horses need to be controlled as much as we can. Trouble is, never disregard the ignorant and stupid to undermine the rest of us.

Completely agree. I think us, the US and most other English speaking Western nations are more culturally likely to do this too.

6 hours ago, Strokes said:

You say that but like I said earlier in the thread, if we were testing everyone then there is no excuse but from a personal point of view, I won’t stop working unless a) I am physically unable too.

b) I’ve been forced not too.

c) I’ve had a positive test.

Like others on this forum, I’m self employed, there is no safety net. If I was to self isolate for a cough, that could be just a cold then I don’t get paid. I’m then at risk to having to self isolate again because of Lockdown, actual infection or both. I’m not broke but I’m pretty sure I could easily be ruined by making certain choices and a run of bad luck.

This illustrates to anyone saying that testing is not needed and doesn’t help, precisely why it is absolutely essential for anyone who fits the government criteria for mandatory self isolation to be tested, as advised by WHO. It’s no good the government shrugging it’s shoulders and saying it’s too hard or too expensive.

If South Korea and other countries can do it, then rich western countries (and I include Australia here) should also be able to. Costs are probably chicken feed compared to the other expenses during this time anyway. As in wartime, now is the time to spend whatever is required and work out how to pay for it later.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Maybe they got better? Or didn't get better... :unsure:

Cases for the likes of Hampshire are a total amount.

Cases for Leicester and Derby are extremely confusing. Are they confirmed cases today? Have people recovered? Have they just ballsed it up?

Makes zero sense.

8 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

This illustrates to anyone saying that testing is not needed and doesn’t help, precisely why it is absolutely essential for anyone who fits the government criteria for mandatory self isolation to be tested, as advised by WHO. It’s no good the government shrugging it’s shoulders and saying it’s too hard or too expensive.

If South Korea and other countries can do it, then rich western countries (and I include Australia here) should also be able to. Costs are probably chicken feed compared to the other expenses during this time anyway. As in wartime, now is the time to spend whatever is required and work out how to pay for it later.

I totally agree, in fact I think when I made the post originally it was in agreement with you on similar lines.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Cases for the likes of Hampshire are a total amount.

Cases for Leicester and Derby are extremely confusing. Are they confirmed cases today? Have people recovered? Have they just ballsed it up?

Makes zero sense.

It's totally unreliable and me, personally, I don't look at it any more. Basically it's almost clickbait for MSN.

• Like 1

Seeing as the world is cancelled right now, the only thing getting me by is going to the gym.

Just had an email from them saying all classes cancelled, max numbers of people allowed at any one time, reduced opening times, certain equipment out of use, must be a minimum of 2 meters from anyone else.

Might as well just stay at home and wank all day (but I've ran out of bog roll to chuck my muck into :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm proper jealous you lucky sod!

Think I might try some of the local village shops round here tbh as all the supermarkets in town are a waste of time. Poor old Tesco's lady told me they're closing at 10pm now so that they can re-stock the shelves (they're usually open 24 hours) then they'll re-open at 6am. She reckons they'll still be queuing to get in the car park at 6am and all the main stuff will be empty and gone by 6.30am

Bonkers

I guess they’re expecting panic buy fatigue to set in,so are just letting it ride.I can actually understand the latest rush.People buying their folks supply’s for the lock down.Trolley full of onions though😆I’ve tried to avoid the supermarkets as much as possible this last two weeks.MS/BP have been pretty good for the basics and not much dearer tbf

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Seeing as the world is cancelled right now, the only thing getting me by is going to the gym.

Just had an email from them saying all classes cancelled, max numbers of people allowed at any one time, reduced opening times, certain equipment out of use, must be a minimum of 2 meters from anyone else.

Might as well just stay at home and wank all day (but I've ran out of bog roll to chuck my muck into :rolleyes:

sorry mate. wanking has been banned as well

You could talk to the wife I suppose...

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Agreed and we need to hope that people will comply and that seems to be the case in these early stages.  Hopefully individual's resolve will stay firm but I'm certain that some will get to the "fvuck it" stage and intermingle with others. Inevitable that the horse that has long gone and is now galloping around the country will take down society. The remaining horses need to be controlled as much as we can. Trouble is, never disregard the ignorant and stupid to undermine the rest of us.

True. We seem to have an element of delusional pensioners who think "this won't bloody kill me" [Spoiler Alert - It will] and an element of young people thinking "this will only kill a load of old bastards who'd probably die from something else anyway". The government seems to be taking a softly softly ask people nicely approach rather than imposing some kind of martial law - and I think that is right. Hopefully by helping businesses and thereby encouraging them to close the doors will in turn keep more of us in our homes!

19 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Is the missus not about? 

• Haha 1