Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Politics, politics.....

So the guardian is the gospel. Well, I’m trusting the Government scientists, not attack politics.

Boris walks on water, the “left” says how dare, he must swim. I think people need to calm down and grow a pair.

Sod off with this attitude, and go an change it. My Dad has been treated for skin cancer in last 6 months, and my partner is pregnant. I don't need to grow a pair, I need to make sure I don't catch the illness and take it home to them.

And Richard Horton in charge of the most respected medical science journals in the world. He's qualified.

8 hours ago, blabyboy said:

Christ! do those fuchers learn nothing from the first time?????

To be fair I think that might have something more to do with the man in charge over there blaming them for all of this and not taking any kind of responsibility for how the virus is spreading across the US himself.

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

Seeing as the world is cancelled right now, the only thing getting me by is going to the gym.

Just had an email from them saying all classes cancelled, max numbers of people allowed at any one time, reduced opening times, certain equipment out of use, must be a minimum of 2 meters from anyone else.

Might as well just stay at home and wank all day (but I've ran out of bog roll to chuck my muck into :rolleyes:

You've got socks and laundry detergent? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Politics, politics.....

So the guardian is the gospel. Well, I’m trusting the Government scientists, not attack politics.

Boris walks on water, the “left” says how dare, he must swim. I think people need to calm down and grow a pair.

Genuinely confused. 

The fact is most media outlets are singing from the same hymn sheet.

The Guardian has genuinely been following, and reporting, the advice of the government, WHO and other 'experts'. You''ll get the odd opinion piece that is scoring political points (Owen Jones you know who you are) and they love a good Trump bashing story.

But this is a humanitarian crisis that could see a lot of people bury their loved ones. I dont think statements like 'grow a pair' really help.

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Paddy. said:

News flash, they are open 5 days a week.

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Huh?

Do you not think that closing immediately claim is totally separate to the 5 days a week (which they already are??) claim?

Hope this isn't political point scoring from you sir :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Some in Birmingham, where she lives and is an MP, were only opening 4.5 days per week due to lack of funds.

Er, circumstances have changed somewhat. During those 18 months there was no killer virus. Now there is.

In a further example of such inconsistency, on Monday last week thousands of LCFC fans sought entry into the King Power stadium to watch the Villa match. Now nobody wants to go in. :rolleyes:

As Alf said some are only open 4.5 days a week.

My comment was obviously said in jest, I just thought it was a little funny she's been banging on about opening them all for months due to how vital they are and now wants them all immediately shut.

6 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Genuinely confused. 

The fact is most media outlets are singing from the same hymn sheet.

The Guardian has genuinely been following, and reporting, the advice of the government, WHO and other 'experts'. You''ll get the odd opinion piece that is scoring political points (Owen Jones you know who you are) and they love a good Trump bashing story.

But this is humanitarian crisis that could see a lot of people bury their loved ones. I dont think statements like 'grow a pair' really help.

And as other people have said, I never understood this statement anyway. Bollocks are probably the most sensitive part of the bloke body.

Edited by leicsmac

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I bet your fun at parties leicsmac:D

Life and soul once the vodka starts flowing, mate. lol

But in all seriousness, while there's still a lot we don't know about how this will play out and as such it's probably best not to lash out at responses too much, attitudes like those shown by Bolsanaro and Trump (not really Boris, as others have said he just looks like he really doesn't want this on his plate at all, and who would?) should be called out as being blatantly daft.

5 hours ago, Dario_Rodriguez_ said:

But not carrying on, which is the main point.

But keep dragging the straw man argument out that I’m promoting mass panic if you wish.

Calm down!

Looking on Amazon for face masks, those that are available have a 2 week delivery time, and most of them are made in China, including Wuhan! Imo, the government should be handing out free British-made face masks to everyone in the country as a matter of urgency.

• Haha 1

Just some useful info I found if you’re in a similar position to me with reference to workers rights. Interesting that I didn’t know after the age of 41 you are entitled to a week and a half’s pay per year at your company if you are made redundant. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/news/article-8122675/What-corona-means-money.html

Edited by Sir Shep

5 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Looking on Amazon for face masks, those that are available have a 2 week delivery time, and most of them are made in China, including Wuhan! Imo, the government should be handing out free British-made face masks to everyone in the country as a matter of urgency.

Why? Thought they did not do much

8 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Given those options I suspect most will lay off

Precisely - I’m lucky that I have the bank actually phoning me asking what I need to get through this as we’re considered a good risk. But the majority of ‘at risk’ businesses will judge that it’s not in their interest to take on a debt they don’t need to ........

how the govt cover that off without throwing free money at businesses that dont actually need it (or take it and then shut down anyway) is beyond me ...... tbh, I’ve got my own sh1t to deal with ! 

Sainsbury's 

I wrote to you last week to tell you about some of the steps we are taking to support increased demand for food and other essential items.

After I wrote to you last week, many of you replied. You wrote to share your concerns about our elderly and vulnerable customers and to ask if we can do more to restrict the number of items each person can buy. I have listened to feedback from you and from Sainsbury's colleagues across the country and wanted to share some of the extra steps we are taking to make sure everyone has access to the items that they need:

A number of you suggested that we reserve an hour in stores for elderly and vulnerable customers. In response to this request, we will set aside the first hour in every supermarket this Thursday 19th March, for elderly and vulnerable customers. I hope that you can respect this decision and will work with us as we try our best to help those that need it the most. If you or an elderly family member, friend or neighbour would like to shop during this hour, please check online for your local supermarket opening hours.

We will also help elderly and vulnerable customers access food online. From Monday 23rd March, our online customers who are over 70 years of age or have a disability will have priority access to online delivery slots. We will contact these customers in the coming days with more details.

For any online customer who can travel to our stores, from Monday 23rd March, we will operate an expanded 'click and collect' service. We are significantly increasing the number of collection sites across the country over the coming days in preparation for this. Customers can place their order online as usual and pick it up from a collection point in the store car park. We believe this will also work for people who are self-isolating.

As we work to feed the nation, we are also focusing all of our efforts on getting as much food and other essential items from our suppliers, into our warehouses and onto shelves as we possibly can. We still have enough food for everyone - if we all just buy what we need for us and our families.

To help us get more essential items onto the shelves, from this Thursday 19th March, we will be closing our cafes and our meat, fish and pizza counters in supermarkets. This means we can free up warehouse and lorry capacity for products that customers really need. It will also free up time for our store colleagues to focus on keeping the shelves as well stocked as possible.

I mentioned last week that we had put limits on a very small number of products. Following feedback from our customers and from our store colleagues, we have decided to put restrictions on a larger number of products. From tomorrow, Wednesday 18th March, customers will be able to buy a maximum of three of any grocery product and a maximum of two on the most popular products including toilet paper, soap and UHT milk. We have enough food coming into the system, but are limiting sales so that it stays on shelves for longer and can be bought by a larger numbers of customers.

Finally, I wanted to end by saying a huge thank you to Sainsbury's colleagues across the business. Everyone is working flat out in difficult circumstances to do their best to serve our customers. If you're able to say thank you to them when you see them, I know they would hugely appreciate it.

Best wishes

Mike

Registered address: Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sainsbury’s - that’s a great idea but I also heard that you can go in the ‘elderly’ hour if you say you’re buying for an old person ..... the majority of us have parents or grandparents so how will that work exactly ??

Yep this is gonna be the next problem. 

I have 3 elderly grandparents, their kids, my parents, live abroad. My sister lives in Birmingham.

I will have to at somepoint start shopping for both of those households potentially. How do I prove that. And how far will 1, 4 pack of toilet rolls go.

Seriously not sure how mucg use driving round several shops will prove at the moment as well. Seeing some of the shop shelves is depressing in it's own right.

20 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Yep this is gonna be the next problem. 

I have 3 elderly grandparents, their kids, my parents, live abroad. My sister lives in Birmingham.

I will have to at somepoint start shopping for both of those households potentially. How do I prove that. And how far will 1, 4 pack of toilet rolls go.

Seriously not sure how mucg use driving round several shops will prove at the moment as well. Seeing some of the shop shelves is depressing in it's own right.

Can you buy it online in their name or click and collect.

Bloody arsehole
Just been in the Lidl..
Saw a fella whose trolley was full to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, everything that people need...😡!
I called him a selfish bastard ....and gave him a low down about the elderly and mums etc..who need these types of things.
Told him he should be bloody ashamed of himself...🤬🤬
He said: “that’s all well and good mate but I work here, and can I carry on filling the shelves now?”..

• Haha 3