Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Guest MattP
22 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Except it is true. Read the Hansard entry. She talks about Cusco and Lima, mentioning Peru twice, and in his response Raab says the Rt. Hon. Lady mentions the team in the Philippines.

It's a fairly minor error and could have easily arisen from having misspoken rather than genuinely thinking Cusco and Lima are in the Philippines. Not really a big deal even if Raab has previous. Thing is when a Labour politician does something like that you use it to try and invalidate their entire career.

It's pretty disingenuous though isn't it? A huge speech and a tweet makes it look like it's an instant back and forth. 

When Dominic Raab is out wearing two left shoes on polling day we'll compare him to Abbott.

Such a surreal experience... I talk to my grandma and she lives through the Second World War, so to her it’s not so unfamiliar, but it is so strange to think that in the 21st century we’re having a pandemic. Although it’s not proving to be lethal to all people, it is a stark reminder to how fragile we actually are. A more sinister virus could cause humanity a massive problem. 

So I’m looking at the govt loan guarantees. It seems I will be able to borrow from my bank over a year and the govt will insure them against me defaulting. This is supposed to enable me to keep going over a few months if my trading dries up. Or to stop me from laying staff off or letting some go or to pay them if we have to close for a month rather than telling them to rely on SSP.  

If I have to cover three months of salaries on no business then I could borrow 200k for wages though all my other fixed costs such as rent and rates will remain.  But I will have to pay back that 200k by next June.  So I need to make that 200 k in profit once things ‘get back to normal’ to stand still. I suspect many businesses will judge that it’s much more advantageous to let the staff go and re hire when required.  The govt need to offer companies a sum to keep their staff on the books at full wage for those few months which is not repayable. thats very simplistic but you get the idea on this ...... I have to protect my business and it’s future but I must also try to protect my staff. I fear that some of them will lose their jobs to ensure the remainder keep theirs .....

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's pretty disingenuous though isn't it? A huge speech and a tweet makes it look like it's an instant back and forth. 

When Dominic Raab is out wearing two left shoes on polling day we'll compare him to Abbott.

Worrying that you can’t recognise misinformation and... photoshop 👀

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Chatting away to the cashier at Tesco's just now, asking her how she was coping with everything (no eggs, bog roll, tinned food, fresh meat, frozen veg, toothpaste or cereal - but apart from that, a successful shop :rolleyes:)

She said she'd been sworn at three times today and also spat at by customers and then she starting crying :unsure:

I guess the pressure had built up all day and she just broke down bless her.

Some people really are cvnts if they feel the need to abuse supermarket workers who are just trying to do their best.

(I'm seriously getting low on bog roll by the way and ain't even joking :blush:)

Londis in Wigston mate. 4 pack of Andrex, £2. 1 per customer.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ross-Kemp said:

Londis in Wigston mate. 4 pack of Andrex, £2. 1 per customer.

Good to know mate, thanks.

Shame I live in Buckinghamshire :P

42 minutes ago, swanlee said:

To be fair his CV is very impressive. I mean he was privately educated. And that is always going to tip the odds in your favour.

But considering it was his grandparents that emigrated to the UK from the Punjab. He has a first in PPE at Oxford, an MBE from Stanford, he's then had stints in the City. He certainly would appear to be a rising star and one from a family that, given they've only been here a couple of generations, has given him a fantastic platform to achieve.

He clearly should start blowing his own trumpet more.

Think he's married  to a billionaires daughter,so he moves in high circles, but your right he seems switched on ,maybe next Tory leader?

51 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

lol

I live in Glasgow pal.

If I knock on my neighbours' doors in the current climate, they'll either chop me up and feed me to their dog, or wipe their bums on me.

I was being somewhere between Sarcastatic and facetious.   ( I Think they are near or between  the Glengorms)..:teehee:

So the clans are hourding  again....!!! :huh:

6 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Sorry if this has already been posted. Truly damning though.

Politics, politics.....

So the guardian is the gospel. Well, I’m trusting the Government scientists, not attack politics.

Boris walks on water, the “left” says how dare, he must swim. I think people need to calm down and grow a pair.

4 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Politics, politics.....

So the guardian is the gospel. Well, I’m trusting the Government scientists, not attack politics.

Boris walks on water, the “left” says how dare, he must swim. I think people need to calm down and grow a pair.

The Guardian? :blink:

Guest MattP

Scientists to Boris "we've got three options, we think one could kill 500,000, one 350,000 and the other 250,000"

Boris "The last one then"

Hard left Twitter "Boris wants to kill 250,000 people".

The weirdest thing about Owen Jones, Ask Sarker, Aaron Bastani etc is they genuinely seem to think a non stop attack on the government here is going to go down well with the public instead of just the hard set of fanatics and loons that follow them.

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So I’m looking at the govt loan guarantees. It seems I will be able to borrow from my bank over a year and the govt will insure them against me defaulting. This is supposed to enable me to keep going over a few months if my trading dries up. Or to stop me from laying staff off or letting some go or to pay them if we have to close for a month rather than telling them to rely on SSP.  

If I have to cover three months of salaries on no business then I could borrow 200k for wages though all my other fixed costs such as rent and rates will remain.  But I will have to pay back that 200k by next June.  So I need to make that 200 k in profit once things ‘get back to normal’ to stand still. I suspect many businesses will judge that it’s much more advantageous to let the staff go and re hire when required.  The govt need to offer companies a sum to keep their staff on the books at full wage for those few months which is not repayable. thats very simplistic but you get the idea on this ...... I have to protect my business and it’s future but I must also try to protect my staff. I fear that some of them will lose their jobs to ensure the remainder keep theirs .....

Given those options I suspect most will lay off

37 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Sorry if this has already been posted. Truly damning though.

drip, drip, drip ... it's only getting worse by the day.

Hunker down and hope for the best. The fact I've got nothing to wipe my arse on is the least of our/my problems. 

7 hours ago, Darkon84 said:

One of the guys in my office had a different version of events, which was that 111 just asked him for his symptoms, agreed he should stay home, then he had to wait for a GP to ring later on for a phone consultation. Maybe different areas are doing things differently, but that seems odd and I can't see how 111 can send you anything like that really, especially as they are merely just a triage, slowing the flow through to the GP? 

Perhaps check the guidance on this.