Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Chatting away to the cashier at Tesco's just now, asking her how she was coping with everything (no eggs, bog roll, tinned food, fresh meat, frozen veg, toothpaste or cereal - but apart from that, a successful shop :rolleyes:)

She said she'd been sworn at three times today and also spat at by customers and then she starting crying :unsure:

I guess the pressure had built up all day and she just broke down bless her.

Some people really are cvnts if they feel the need to abuse supermarket workers who are just trying to do their best.

(I'm seriously getting low on bog roll by the way and ain't even joking :blush:)

Our grocery employees in the States are feeling the same way. There’s a dourness and gloom that’s palpable. People are shaken. On the plus side, the utterly incompetent leadership of President Trump has all but ensured that he will be entering the summer not as a heroic protector of the realm but as an utter buffoon and clueless moron. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Chatting away to the cashier at Tesco's just now, asking her how she was coping with everything (no eggs, bog roll, tinned food, fresh meat, frozen veg, toothpaste or cereal - but apart from that, a successful shop :rolleyes:)

She said she'd been sworn at three times today and also spat at by customers and then she starting crying :unsure:

Some people really are cvnts if they feel the need to abuse supermarket workers who are just trying to do their best.

(I'm seriously getting low on bog roll by the way and ain't even joking :blush:)

Before i read this post I was feeling really sorry for people in retail anyhow. While I hide away and limit social contact, they are there on the front line having numerous interpersonal interactions throughout the day.

I always remember a bloke in a DVD rental shop (remember them?) having a moan at me cos' I was there on a weekday choosing a pile o' films. After asking if I was only in because I was off work sick, he had a right old gripe cos' he got every bug & virus going.

A crisis I guess will bring the best out of some and the worst out of others.

• Like 1

Aye, some people :rolleyes:

Used to work in Humberstone Gate Sainsbury’s as a nipper, had knives, glass all sorts of crap’(chasing stinky drunks through the center)

It was only a Saturday job lol

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

ARISE ENGINEERS OF BRITAIN!

Makes me proud to be an engineer, albeit a tiny fish in the sea. Our company got told we were too small to help.  

You couldn't write it sometimes haha.

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Makes me proud to be an engineer, albeit a tiny fish in the sea. Our company got told we were too small to help. lol 

As someone who has worked for both large and small engineering firms, I'd back the smaller guys to be able to respond quicker every time.

23 minutes ago, Izzy said:

That's ****ing disgusting. I own a few golf clubs that haven't had much use recently if you can pin point the customer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The few times I've been in hospital recently the staff have seemed really grateful that you're simply not a c unt cos the bar is set so low by some in society.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Izzy said:

How are the local shops round your way?The one I go in on my way home(usually to get me fags) is like an Aladdin’s cave.Bog roll kitchen roll and Kleenex+toothpaste 👏👏👏

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Well the Covid-19 dashboard is a load of bollocks.

Two days ago it said Leicester had 2 cases, yesterday it said 1, today says 0.

Derbyshire had 12 cases yesterday now it says 5.

:blink::dunno:

Maybe they got better? Or didn't get better... :unsure:

17 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Makes me proud to be an engineer, albeit a tiny fish in the sea. Our company got told we were too small to help. lol 

Brilliant, well done. All power to those skilled like you :thumbup::appl:

As a long-time critic of the government I think today was the second day of some relatively sensible steps in dealing with the virus.

The one thing that has really annoyed me is announcing that London is further along the curve than the rest of the UK. I know multiple people who have now decided to come home from London tomorrow because they are scared about it (in high risk of having it groups where they go out at weekends a lot etc). This will increase the spread elsewhere. This is exactly what happened in Italy when they announced the Northern lockdown before they actually did it, many fled to where they are from taking the virus with them.

London should be in complete lockdown except vital things which must continue, and there should be no non-essential travel from London to elsewhere. Just seems like a stupid, and needless own goal.

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Tbf they're probably right. We are pretty insignificant compared to the big boys. If they're involved and ready to run it, involving us would probably be more detriment than boon. 

In my experience working with engineers the smaller the company the more agile they can be, and to be honest I think every little will help.

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

People are recovering? Doubt it. The dashboard is entirely useless. Don't even bother.

4 minutes ago, bmt said:

As a long-time critic of the government I think today was the second day of some relatively sensible steps in dealing with the virus.

The one thing that has really annoyed me is announcing that London is further along the curve than the rest of the UK. I know multiple people who have now decided to come home from London tomorrow because they are scared about it (in high risk of having it groups where they go out at weekends a lot etc). This will increase the spread elsewhere. This is exactly what happened in Italy when they announced the Northern lockdown before they actually did it, many fled to where they are from taking the virus with them.

London should be in complete lockdown except vital things which must continue, and there should be no non-essential travel from London to elsewhere. Just seems like a stupid, and needless own goal.

Too late, the horse has bolted and the stable door is open.

Edited by Parafox

2 minutes ago, bmt said:

In my experience working with engineers the smaller the company the more agile they can be, and to be honest I think every little will help.

Unfortunately agility counts for very little when trying to mass produce something. I doubt we could make up 1% of their manufacturing load. The time it would take to organize the parts we could manufacture, get the specs, ship them, check them, fit them it would be more detrimental than bigger companies with a constant output.

It is what it is. I'm just happy these big companies are coming together to try and get it done. We could have saved maybe a couple dozen lives, if these guys get it right it could be many thousands. Good luck to them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kingfox said:

From the Merc

Latest figures show three people have now tested positive for coronavirus in Leicester.

There has been one confirmed death - a male patient in his 80s who passed away at the Leicester Royal Infirmary on Thursday.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/leicester-city-council-sets-out-3959686

Just now, Innovindil said:

Unfortunately agility counts for very little when trying to mass produce something. I doubt we could make up 1% of their manufacturing load. The time it would take to organize the parts we could manufacture, get the specs, ship them, check them, fit them it would be more detrimental than bigger companies with a constant output.

It is what it is. I'm just happy these big companies are coming together to try and get it done. We could have saved maybe a couple dozen lives, if these guys get it right it could be many thousands. Good luck to them.

Fair enough, me too it's good news whatever and with the names listed you would definitely back their ability to get it done.

8 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

How are the local shops round your way?The one I go in on my way home(usually to get me fags) is like an Aladdin’s cave.Bog roll kitchen roll and Kleenex+toothpaste 👏👏👏

I'm proper jealous you lucky sod!

Think I might try some of the local village shops round here tbh as all the supermarkets in town are a waste of time. Poor old Tesco's lady told me they're closing at 10pm now so that they can re-stock the shelves (they're usually open 24 hours) then they'll re-open at 6am. She reckons they'll still be queuing to get in the car park at 6am and all the main stuff will be empty and gone by 6.30am

Bonkers