Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

sorry mate. wanking has been banned as well

You could talk to the wife I suppose...

Wanking into a condom is surely doing you a  favour.

Cleanse your hands as you self isolate

Edited by Bayfox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

ARISE ENGINEERS OF BRITAIN!

Makes me proud to be an engineer, albeit a tiny fish in the sea. Our company got told we were too small to help. lol 

I’ve had enough of screens for one day, I was wondering why you were shouting about arse engineers.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry @MattP this is just silly lol imagine if someone like Diane Abbott said it!.

There are also stranded brits in the Philippines so I can forgive him the slip - why do politicians ask so many stupid questions anyway?  pointless point scoring!   You’re right about Abbott though ! 

Needed a few bits from the shop.  Went to the massive Tesco near mine just after 7pm.

No bog roll.

No kitchen roll.

No hankies.

No dry pasta of any kind.

No dry rice.

No tinned tomatoes of any kind 

No fresh beef, chicken or lamb, except 1 pack of liver

No baked beans 

No loaves

About 2 packets of eggs

Running out of beer

No hand san

Running out of soap and toothpaste

Blimey.

:o

At least they had some milk.

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Jess Phillips demanding schools close immediately, after 18 months of demanding they open 5 days a weeklol

Huh?

Do you not think that closing immediately claim is totally separate to the 5 days a week (which they already are??) claim?

Hope this isn't political point scoring from you sir :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Needed a few bits from the shop.  Went to the massive Tesco near mine just after 7pm.

No bog roll.

No kitchen roll.

No hankies.

No dry rice.

No baked beans 

No loaves

About 2 packets of eggs

Running out of beer

No hand san

Blimey.

Try the lesser-known, family-owned shops for any of these; they can be often missed with many going to the local supermarket during this rather daft panic-buying phase.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

News flash, they are open 5 days a week.

Some in Birmingham, where she lives and is an MP, were only opening 4.5 days per week due to lack of funds.

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Jess Phillips demanding schools close immediately, after 18 months of demanding they open 5 days a weeklol

Er, circumstances have changed somewhat. During those 18 months there was no killer virus. Now there is.

In a further example of such inconsistency, on Monday last week thousands of LCFC fans sought entry into the King Power stadium to watch the Villa match. Now nobody wants to go in. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Guest MattP
59 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry @MattP this is just silly lol imagine if someone like Diane Abbott said it!.

Would have been funny (and worrying) if true but it isnt.

The problem with Diane Abbott is we don't have to make her gaffes up.

16 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

No bog roll.

No kitchen roll.

No hankies.

No dry rice.

No baked beans 

No loaves

About 2 packets of eggs

Running out of beer

No hand san

Blimey.

it seems you have decent neighbours,they have all done your shopping..!!!

When you need,something on that list..just Knock on their door und Show them your list....

I am sure they will be Happy to share...

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

it seems you have decent neighbours,they have all done your shopping..!!!

When you need,something on that list..just Knock on their door und Show them your list....

I am sure they will be Happy to share...

lol

I live in Glasgow pal.

If I knock on my neighbours' doors in the current climate, they'll either chop me up and feed me to their dog, or wipe their bums on me.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

Would have been funny (and worrying) if true but it isnt.

The problem with Diane Abbott is we don't have to make her gaffes up.

Except it is true. Read the Hansard entry. She talks about Cusco and Lima, mentioning Peru twice, and in his response Raab says the Rt. Hon. Lady mentions the team in the Philippines.

It's a fairly minor error and could have easily arisen from having misspoken rather than genuinely thinking Cusco and Lima are in the Philippines. Not really a big deal even if Raab has previous. Thing is when a Labour politician does something like that you use it to try and invalidate their entire career.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'd barely heard of him before to be honest, but he is clearly a rising star, and showing absolutley no sign of struggling with the role.

To be fair his CV is very impressive. I mean he was privately educated. And that is always going to tip the odds in your favour.

But considering it was his grandparents that emigrated to the UK from the Punjab. He has a first in PPE at Oxford, an MBE from Stanford, he's then had stints in the City. He certainly would appear to be a rising star and one from a family that, given they've only been here a couple of generations, has given him a fantastic platform to achieve.

He clearly should start blowing his own trumpet more.

41 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Try the lesser-known, family-owned shops for any of these; they can be often missed with many going to the local supermarket during this rather daft panic-buying phase.

My Mum used the local shops for everything.On a day by day basis.It might have cost a bit more but everything got eaten.Grab us a bag of frozen peas and a packet of fish fingers.Tell em to stick it on the slat.

• Like 1