Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

For me the supermarkets loved their three/four days of profiteering from it all rather than showing some actual care. Quite simply should have been quotas with immediate effect. I need to shop around this weekend and I haven’t got a clue if I’ll get any food in. It’s depressing to see shelves empty of fruit etc 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

For me the supermarkets loved their three/four days of profiteering from it all rather than showing some actual care. Quite simply should have been quotas with immediate effect. I need to shop around this weekend and I haven’t got a clue if I’ll get any food in. It’s depressing to see shelves empty of fruit etc 

Just demoralising and panic inducing.

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out the supermarkets instigated the panic buying by getting a few pictures leaked on social media of empty shelves.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They'll just hire people on temp or zero hour contacts.

Netflix to cut it's picture quality to help cope with the demand.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51968302

Had a friend going mad about this. I had to avoid having a go at him, people are seriously ill, the economy is crashing and demand is up as people are out of work or stuck at home, and they are moaning they cant watch netflix in 4k

8 hours ago, davieG said:

English football will be suspended until at least 30 April because of the continued spread of coronavirus.

All games in England's Premier League, EFL, Women's Super League and Women's Championship, and all fixtures in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, are currently postponed.

The Football Association has also agreed that the current season can be "extended indefinitely" beyond the original end date of 1 

Just spoke to the till guy at my Lidl and he was angry and frustrated saying people queuing out of carpark from early doors and like "wild wild west" in store. 

Store was ransacked, nothing but alcohol left (what I was after)so that was one blessing I suppose! 

Edited by Collymore

Popped out to get some bread tonight, visited 5 shops and ended coming back with cookies. It’s a state though, there’s nothing, we do our weekly shop Friday/Saturday and the cupboards are getting bare and on tonight’s evidence I couldn’t plan any meals as there’s no meat/veg etc. Hopefully all the selfish bastards food goes off and the resulting shits they get gives them a use for the toilette roll there’re hoarding. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Just spoke to the till guy at my Lidl and he was angry and frustrated saying people queuing out of carpark from early doors and like "wild wild west" in store. 

Store was ransacked, nothing but alcohol really so that was one blessing I suppose! 

I’m stocking up on coal and beer, get ready for the warmer weather and if not get cúnted anyway.

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Popped out to get some bread tonight, visited 5 shops and ended coming back with cookies. It’s a state though, there’s nothing, we do our weekly shop Friday/Saturday and the cupboards are getting bare and on tonight’s evidence I couldn’t plan any meals as there’s no meat/veg etc. Hopefully all the selfish bastards food goes off and the resulting shits they get gives them a use for the toilette roll there’re hoarding. 

Try gusto and hello fresh, ingredients delivered to your door. No panic.

unfortunately you’ll still have to purchase your bog roll 😩

Edited by Strokes

21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'm not sure they anticipated such shithousing and selfishness from so much of the public so it doesn't feel right to criticise them for not bringing quotas in to effect immediately.

I think the steps they've taken now are the right ones - the hours for the elderly/vulnerable. The limits for stock for each product line etc. Positive measures. These are unprecedented times and it's not their fault people have acted like absolute bellends in times of need for the whole society. Also, have the big supermarkets profiteered? Have they increased prices due to demand? I may be wrong but all I've seen is lots of people emptying shelves/stockpiling as opposed to moaning about prices at these big stores. I have, however, seen a lot of pictures/videos of corner-shops/newsagents upping prices ridiculously on some of their stock because they know it's in demand. That's where a lot of criticism should be aimed towards.

I've just finished work at a supermarket and there was nothing left on the shelves when we closed. I've seen the delivery for tomorrow and it's not even going to touch the sides. There won't be anything left by lunchtime tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Try gusto and hello fresh, ingredients delivered to your door. No panic.

unfortunately you’ll still have to purchase your bog roll 😩

Yes good idea, I’ve been looking at my milkman’s list this morning. Hopefully the father-in-law’s home grown starts producing though all the rain has caused problems there. 

To be honest bog roll is the least of my worries, if i ain't eating, I ain’t shitting. lol

• Haha 2

Just now, Vlad the Fox said:

Yes good idea, I’ve been looking at my milkman’s list this morning. Hopefully the father-in-law’s home grown starts producing though all the rain has caused problems there. 

To be honest bog roll is the least of my worries, if i ain't eating, I ain’t shitting. lol

Honestly though mate, we tried gusto about a year ago and have never looked back. Easy cooking, fresh ingredients, oraganic and recyclable packaging, delivered to your door. It’s well worth it and I’m pretty sure they still do the half price introductions.

• Thanks 2

Program about Josef Fritzl in Channel 5. He would be praised for his social distancing in this day and age.

On second thoughts, I’m not sure shagging your daughter fits into the same bracket.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Honestly though mate, we tried gusto about a year ago and have never looked back. Easy cooking, fresh ingredients, oraganic and recyclable packaging, delivered to your door. It’s well worth it and I’m pretty sure they still do the half price introductions.

Far beyond my understanding that. Surprised you have such a scientific mind strokes. :whistle:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm not sure they anticipated such shithousing and selfishness from so much of the public so it doesn't feel right to criticise them for not bringing quotas in to effect immediately.

I think the steps they've taken now are the right ones - the hours for the elderly/vulnerable. The limits for stock for each product line etc. Positive measures. These are unprecedented times and it's not their fault people have acted like absolute bellends in times of need for the whole society. Also, have the big supermarkets profiteered? Have they increased prices due to demand? I may be wrong but all I've seen is lots of people emptying shelves/stockpiling as opposed to moaning about prices at these big stores. I have, however, seen a lot of pictures/videos of corner-shops/newsagents upping prices ridiculously on some of their stock because they know it's in demand. That's where a lot of criticism should be aimed towards.

If local shops are profiteering then it’s be suicide for them. Supermarkets will get on top of this and the stockpiling will die down pretty soon, but people won’t forget those shops that have ripped them off. They say look after your local shops, but if they aren’t looking after you that bond will be broken, they’ll lose custom as people will choose to go elsewhere without regret.

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

If local shops are profiteering then it’s be suicide for them. Supermarkets will get on top of this and the stockpiling will die down pretty soon, but people won’t forget those shops that have ripped them off. They say look after your local shops, but if they aren’t looking after you that bond will be broken, they’ll lose custom as people will choose to go elsewhere without regret.

There was just one bunch on the news, can't remember the name. Charging £9.99 for a pack of paracetamol. Got absolutely put out to pasture and rightly ****ing so. There's a time and a place for taking the piss, like £10 for a popcorn at the cinema, this isn't the time or place for this nonsense.

Edited by Innovindil
  • Like 2

Just now, Innovindil said:

There was just one bunch of the news, can't remember the name. Charging £9.99 for a pack of paracetamol. Got absolutely put out to pasture and rightly ****ing so. There's a time and a place for taking the piss, like £10 for a popcorn at the cinema, this isn't the time or place for this nonsense.

Jhoots in Aylestone.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Store was ransacked, nothing but alcohol left (what I was after)so that was one blessing I suppose! 

It's the retail workers I sympathise with. Years ago I worked for Blacks and Millets in town. They decided to close the Millets, move it into Blacks and reopen the Blacks elsewhere. Because the new store wasn't ready they sent the new stock to the old Blacks store. And then they decided to sell it all at the ridiculous prices. Brand new £400 jackets going for £100. And then £50. And then TWENTY FIVE QUID. I shit you not. It was absolute ****ing carnage in both stores. Queues out the door just to get in. Queues to both tills about 20 people deep. Nobody could actually 'serve' any customers because there were just too many of them. Opportunists were nicking whatever they could but known shoplifters (the kind we were on a first name basis with) were literally buying stuff as if it justified their years of thieving. I managed the Millets store BY MYSELF as it was overrun with the general public who would just take everything they wanted and throw anything they didn't want on the floor. One guy in the Blacks store *literally had a ****ing heart attack* because of the stress of it.  He survived, and we had a whip round to get all the gear he'd saved on his shelf on the cheap. (I had four shelves of gear that I bought with my staff discount ON TOP - about 10 jackets worth £400 for £10.50 each... aaaand they all went on eBay). They lost half a million quid in that store transition and they ****ing deserved the hit.

Anyway, point being, the general public are ****ing *****.

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

There was just one bunch on the news, can't remember the name. Charging £9.99 for a pack of paracetamol. Got absolutely put out to pasture and rightly ****ing so. There's a time and a place for taking the piss, like £10 for a popcorn at the cinema, this isn't the time or place for this nonsense.

There is a local petrol station I stop at on the way through Warwickshire on the fosse way, it’s independent and I genuinely   pay more to support local businesses and deliberately fill up there. They were selling hand sanitizers for £8 last week. BP for me now.

• Like 1