Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm not sure they anticipated such shithousing and selfishness from so much of the public so it doesn't feel right to criticise them for not bringing quotas in to effect immediately.

I think the steps they've taken now are the right ones - the hours for the elderly/vulnerable. The limits for stock for each product line etc. Positive measures. These are unprecedented times and it's not their fault people have acted like absolute bellends in times of need for the whole society. Also, have the big supermarkets profiteered? Have they increased prices due to demand? I may be wrong but all I've seen is lots of people emptying shelves/stockpiling as opposed to moaning about prices at these big stores. I have, however, seen a lot of pictures/videos of corner-shops/newsagents upping prices ridiculously on some of their stock because they know it's in demand. That's where a lot of criticism should be aimed towards.

Ain’t they ever watched the film threads for ffs 🙆🏼‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Program about Josef Fritzl in Channel 5. He would be praised for his social distancing in this day and age.

On second thoughts, I’m not sure shagging your daughter fits into the same bracket.

Let’s see how you feel after a few month of isolation, don’t be too quick to judge Mr.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Honestly though mate, we tried gusto about a year ago and have never looked back. Easy cooking, fresh ingredients, oraganic and recyclable packaging, delivered to your door. It’s well worth it and I’m pretty sure they still do the half price introductions.

Just had a look. Unfortunately they’re not taking on any customers due to corona, which is fair enough as they should look after their regular customers. Some of the food looks really good though, I’ll have another look once this is all blown over. 

• Like 1

In my Part of Germany,I Haven seen any Show of stock-piling.Fresh veggies,..meat Fresh or frozen,Fruit, Bread etc ,shelves are still well stocked.

Some toileteries shelves are low..Paper rolls (the World has gone mad...) whats wrong in using the Sun/Bild ffs..!!

My 3 Children spread over Middle Germany say the same, my other Daughter in Switzerland also. The Pictures Coming put of the UK,look quite Dire..!!

I Haven seen any Major queues,people however have kept a Meter -2 ,distance at the tills.The chemists,seem to have or can deliver prescriptions.

I Need quite a bit of medicine,including pain-killers so far no problems...!!!

Where has that British calmness,adaptability and taking it in your stride mentality...gone.??

Just now, Strokes said:

There is a local petrol station I stop at on the way through Warwickshire on the fosse way, it’s independent and I genuinely   pay more to support local businesses and deliberately fill up there. They were selling hand sanitizers for £8 last week. BP for me now.

We had a twat knock on our door at work looking to sell hand sanitizer for crazy prices, I highly doubt he will be visiting us again.

I mean, I get people are scared and all, and some will be out looking to make a quick quid to get them through. I get it, really I do, I've been there in the past when you have sleepless nights not knowing whats coming, but surely if we work together we can get through this mostly alright. I've got enough money in the bank to go round every supermarket and buy up all the things I'll need for the next 3-6 months, fill my freezers to the rafters and ride it out in solitude, yet I'm not, I've got a weeks worth of food in for 2 people, 9 ish loo rolls, and no intention of changing a thing. People have to trust that the systems we have in place will work because if we don't then the systems don't work. It's the ****ing non-existing petrol crisis all over again. :nono:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

The ‘extended indefinitely’ fills me with hope that the desire to finish the season Is there.

Sorry,but I kept getting prompts to "quote"....!!

so I just put in an Empty reply...

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

In my Part of Germany,I Haven seen any Show of stock-piling.Fresh veggies,..meat Fresh or frozen,Fruit, Bread etc ,shelves are still well stocked.

Some toileteries shelves are low..Paper rolls (the World has gone mad...) whats wrong in using the Sun/Bild ffs..!!

My 3 Children spread over Middle Germany say the same, my other Daughter in Switzerland also. The Pictures Coming put of the UK,look quite Dire..!!

I Haven seen any Major queues,people however have kept a Meter -2 ,distance at the tills.The chemists,seem to have or can deliver prescriptions.

I Need quite a bit of medicine,including pain-killers so far no problems...!!!

Where has that British calmness,adaptability and taking it in your stride mentality...gone.??

I don’t think the brits have ever been calm since the 1990’s. The country falls apart when adverse weather conditions arise let alone a virus. The media are trying to focus on all of the negatives, which then fuels this ridiculous shopping frenzy. I popped into my local Tesco to get next weeks shop, couldn’t get any meat, apart from smoked salmon.... and the shelves were genuinely bare.... 

England these days is an emotional wreck, and the slightest bid of adversity and the drebs of society come crawling out of their holes to **** everything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sky News have a video of the inside of the hospital in Bergamo on the app.

My word our government have massively ****ed up here.

And that's the wealthiest part of a country with a world-renowned health service.  

52 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Honestly though mate, we tried gusto about a year ago and have never looked back. Easy cooking, fresh ingredients, oraganic and recyclable packaging, delivered to your door. It’s well worth it and I’m pretty sure they still do the half price introductions.

Been looking at this myself recently ready for when I move out. It's worth it then? The price seems more than reasonable.

13 minutes ago, bovril said:

And that's the wealthiest part of a country with a world-renowned health service.  

In a small town, not London. 

I booked to go to Bergamo 6 weeks ago and it was fine there then and now look. I dread to think what London is like in that time. Genuinely terrifying.

31 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yup. And the science has said this from the beginning. But someone will be along to tell you that people need to chill out 'cos it ain't that bad', or that herd immunity is the way forward. 

I think that we should all be given instructions on how to make a home-made mask, as they the proper ones are so hard to get hold of. Anything as a first line of defence will do. Also, wear rubber gloves when going out, then wash them thoroughly before taking them off. Now is not the time to be fashion-conscious, and wearing them also prevents the temptation to touch one's face.    

The government is going to have to legislate to stop going out. Spoke to my Dad and he's just paying absolutely no attention to the advice, rank individualism and complete disregard for society. Doesn't matter what you tell him, evidence and videos you show him he just refuses to believe it matters what he does beyond washing his hands. Can't imagine he's the only one

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I think that we should all be given instructions on how to make a home-made mask, as they the proper ones are so hard to get hold of. Anything as a first line of defence will do. Also, wear rubber gloves when going out, then wash them thoroughly before taking them off. Now is not the time to be fashion-conscious, and wearing them also prevents the temptation to touch one's face.    

Don’t need instructions to make one mate, just wrap a scarf around your face :(

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc
1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Heartbreaking video. We have got some horrible times ahead. Out figures are matching Italy day by day when comparing from when they had their first case and we had ours... 

As an aside, Germany seem to be doing a pretty good job of at least limiting fatalities for the time being (fatality rate of 0.3% when pretty much every other country over 5000 cases has a rate of at least 1%).

Is their medical system better able to cope with the serious cases, or is it that there are fewer serious cases there and what is being posited about two different strains is true and they're a bit lucky too?

24 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

The government is going to have to legislate to stop going out. Spoke to my Dad and he's just paying absolutely no attention to the advice, rank individualism and complete disregard for society. Doesn't matter what you tell him, evidence and videos you show him he just refuses to believe it matters what he does beyond washing his hands. Can't imagine he's the only one

My dad was EXACTLY the ****ing same. Being an absolute stubborn twat. One of the smartest people I've known in my lifetime and he was acting like a complete fool. Until he saw an ambulance a few doors down from his house yesterday and a paramedic get out of the car and spent 5 minutes suiting up. Reality was quick to follow.

29 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

My dad was EXACTLY the ****ing same. Being an absolute stubborn twat. One of the smartest people I've known in my lifetime and he was acting like a complete fool. Until he saw an ambulance a few doors down from his house yesterday and a paramedic get out of the car and spent 5 minutes suiting up. Reality was quick to follow.

That's pretty typical human behaviour, sadly - people don't seem to appreciate the seriousness of a situation until it is right in their faces, by which time there has often been a lot of damage already caused.

That's one of the key reasons why efforts to fight climate change are being stymied, too.

41 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

As an aside, Germany seem to be doing a pretty good job of at least limiting fatalities for the time being (fatality rate of 0.3% when pretty much every other country over 5000 cases has a rate of at least 1%).

Is their medical system better able to cope with the serious cases, or is it that there are fewer serious cases there and what is being posited about two different strains is true and they're a bit lucky too?

Test, test, test.

“Germany has had a very aggressive testing process,” Dr Mike Ryan, health emergencies director at the World Health Organisation (WHO) said. “So the number of tests maybe detecting more mild cases.

“From the beginning, we have very systematically called upon our doctors to test people,” Prof Lothar Wieler of Germany’s Robert Koch Institute said.

“We can provide testing to a high degree so that we can easily look into the beginnings of the epidemic."

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t think the brits have ever been calm since the 1990’s. The country falls apart when adverse weather conditions arise let alone a virus. The media are trying to focus on all of the negatives, which then fuels this ridiculous shopping frenzy. I popped into my local Tesco to get next weeks shop, couldn’t get any meat, apart from smoked salmon.... and the shelves were genuinely bare.... 

England these days is an emotional wreck, and the slightest bid of adversity and the drebs of society come crawling out of their holes to **** everything.

So true. I don’t understanding the thinking (or lack of) behind it. I mean, these guys have no sense of what they are doing. 

I do think the spread of stupidity is linked to social media in that it’s given every fool in society a mouthpiece. Don’t get me wrong, the rise and use of social media is vital and plays an important role in daily life, especially in times such as this.

In the wrong hands it fuels irrational behaviour. From those putting out the information and those reading and not verifying it. 

Where has basic thought and research gone ?We do not have a food crisis. We have a good a good supply. We have elderly, disabled and those not with lump sum savings who can hoard food, that need servicing (arguably) first.  However, because Karen 33 and Mark 32 thought it best they increase their rice supply from 0 to 10 “just in case” we have now created a problem we didn’t need!

• Like 2