Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So they’re going to start tracking people with their phones to check if they’re social distancing. Bit like those speed warning led signs in villages. Why don’t they just shut the pubs and restaurants. 

It opens the govt up to a lots of legitmate claims on insurance or direct claims. Bit silly not to do it, seeing as they're promising assistance in all the other ways to business, homeowners, renters and ppl on UC.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Was reading earlier if the manufactures start to lose workers through isolation then it will be a big kink in the food chain supply.

Let's hope they have backup plans in place 

They'll just hire people on temp or zero hour contacts.

Netflix to cut it's picture quality to help cope with the demand.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51968302

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

South Korea said 200 north Korea soliders died from the virus don't know how true that is it was on the business insider...

Either this is a man made virus or its nature's way of saying **** you

giphy.gif

52 minutes ago, stix said:

I managed to get stuff that I couldn’t at the supermarket in B&M and Poundstretcher yesterday. 

Think outside the box Izzy. The morons clogging up the aisles in Tesco don’t seem to be just yet. 

It’s not a bad idea to just dob in to any One-Stops/Londis/Spar/Nisa that are maybe on a route you would normally take as well. 

But :shutup: don’t tell anyone :ph34r:

Too late as people are now using these aswell.Only because they have been forced too.The grabbers would be reluctant to pay 10pence extra for tinned carrots.This could cause real problems soon.

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

South Korea said 200 north Korea soliders died from the virus don't know how true that is it was on the business insider...

Either this is a man made virus or its nature's way of saying **** you

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51955931

Can't blame it on immigrants for the second wave... will most likely be the same for us.

US has also issued Level 4 warning by State dept i.e. "get the fuch back to the States before we shut up shop".

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve got a scenario and want peoples takes on it.

Other half works in aviation and is the main income for the house with my pay covering about 2/3’s of the bills. We have enough money in savings to last for about a year without that income.

I pay £430 a month for my car. A great VW Golf GTI, leather seats etc. Would you make a rash decision to sell that now or leave it a month or so?

I mean how rash are you feeling? Does £3k seems rash enough?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Home deliveries pick what’s on the shelves on the day. You could book a year in advance and you’d only get what’s there on the day. Totally bizarre behaviour.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Really? Didn't know that, never used it myself. I suppose it guarantees them SOME form of food and liquid, meaning that they don't have to leave the house. I originally thought a 'lockdown' would mean being unable to leave your house, maybe these people think it still does.

I’ve used grocery delivery exclusively for years and always assumed the items were picked very early the morning of delivery, even before the physical shops open, as the deadline for basket edits is at midnight and they need to load up the trucks with that day’s orders before setting off. I received almost everything in my order last weekend, although that was before the official self isolation advice and subsequent proper panic buying hit. And yes I’ve booked well in advance to guarantee some (literally any!) food as I don’t drive and I don’t know if public transport will still be running in a months time. I used to do my order literally the evening before completely running out of food in the house but clearly that isn’t feasible anymore. Hopefully the supermarkets will hire those who are sadly going to be losing their jobs soon, to try and speed up the supply and delivery chains. I think Ocado are already doing this.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

The idea from Greg Clarke that government pays a proportion of staff wages via a reverse paye payment is interesting. It means I am unlikely to make someone who I’ve had for less than two years redundant - that is an easy change to make to the workforce and it’s possible that I would do it tomorrow. I know of plenty companies who have already let these type employees go over the past few days. If they knew govt was going to pick up a fair proportion of their cost then maybe they wouldn’t have ..... but the damage is done 

I’ve had an employee.speaking to the vat office today .......total of three half hours taken with all the holding on and eventually promised a call back beginning next week .... hardly seems like they’re ready for this .

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

We're a family of four and my son eats like a horse so we're constantly food shopping. I've given up physically going to the supermarkets now because the shelves are always empty (and I don't fancy queuing up at 5am with the local pond life)

We used to do Tesco on-line so tried it again but no 'click and collect' for the next three weeks and the earliest delivery slot is next Saturday 28th! (cheeky cvnts charging £8)

Interesting that the 'range' per product is now minimal and the prices are ridiculous. No 'special offers' and I sense they're taking advantage of people's desperation. Most things are a maximum of 3 per order and there's only one type of multi pack bog roll available - at double the usual price. And if that's out of stock by delivery date and no substitution then we're fvcked.

So people are soon gonna lose their jobs and then have to pay double for their weekly food shop.

Nice one.

My local stores earliest delivery is in April. What would happen if I got the virus and had to stay home, I'd be unable to get any food at all. Its utter madness. Why are people booking so far ahead? Have you ever done your food shop three weeks in advance?

I work for a refuse haulage company and work is still pretty strong at the minute, so that's not getting me down, but this madness with the food is really making me feel helpless. I work 9-5, by the time I can get to the shops they'll be empty tomorrow. If I go after the elderly hours Saturday its gonna be huge fight over anything. And none of this is down to anything other that stupidity and selfishness. They limit the amount people can have, but I bet the pricks are going back the next day to stock up on more.

Last Thursday we were carrying on as normal, no mention of working from home or anything yet.

Came into work on Monday morning still planning on going to Glasgow on Tuesday for a meeting. Meeting was cancelled Monday lunchtime.

Tuesday lunchtime an e-mail circulates suggesting all 50 odd of us will be working from home as of Monday (even though no-one has before).

Whole office meeting at lunch today basically to say everyone will receive a letter/e-mail by the end of next week and that a decent chunk of the office will be off work as of a week Monday and that redundancies may follow.

Crazy week.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Big problem in ordering a grocery shop to be delivered in a few weeks time is surely if the shelves still continue to be empty by 9am what the heck are they going to send out for delivery? 

The only accurate delivery service Is ocado, the rest use store stck

32 minutes ago, bmt said:

By the end of next week, won't the supermarkets be back to normal? Surely people can't panic buy forever, they'll have too much food.

There was some bloke on the one show program they was interviewing at a toilet warehouse and he said we would have enough toilet roll to last month's there making 2 million a day