Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

You know what, that actually doesn't bother me so much personally. I'm young and fairly healthy, so not much at risk - and I'm already working with 10 - 15 kids currently at school, so it won't be much different (we will be in half classes, so 15 max per class). I can see why other teachers are terrified though.

I'm not going to lie, I am also enjoying the 'holiday' - I still work my contracted hours, but that's more like 32 hours a week instead of 60, so huge plus. Selfish, but I'm going to make the most of it while I can.

However, I think my biggest worry is about this getting all out of control, because I know that there is no way the children will socially distance. If it turns out that young children can't spread it, then it's not a problem, but if they can, then we're fvcked. The idea of social distancing in schools is a farce, because it won't happen, other than token efforts. Even the year 6's don't socially distance, there's no chance anyone will manage to get the younger kids to distance. No chance at all. 

Yeah, my boy is year 6 and him and his mates are twats at the best of times. You’re right, there’s no way they’d stick to social distancing rules.

Edited by Izzy
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

You know what, that actually doesn't bother me so much personally. I'm young and fairly healthy, so not much at risk - and I'm already working with 10 - 15 kids currently at school, so it won't be much different (we will be in half classes, so 15 max per class). I can see why other teachers are terrified though.

I'm not going to lie, I am also enjoying the 'holiday' - I still work my contracted hours, but that's more like 32 hours a week instead of 60, so huge plus. Selfish, but I'm going to make the most of it while I can.

However, I think my biggest worry is about this getting all out of control, because I know that there is no way the children will socially distance. If it turns out that young children can't spread it, then it's not a problem, but if they can, then we're fvcked. The idea of social distancing in schools is a farce, because it won't happen, other than token efforts and procedures.

Even the year 6's don't socially distance, there's no chance anyone will manage to get the younger kids to distance. No chance at all. I think this is known by the govenment and the DFE, but they're banking on them not being spreaders. But that's what it is, a gamble. Maybe it pays off, but if they're wrong then we could be looking at a longer lockdown than before.

To be fair, the ideal scenario is that they can spread it around and aren't really affected by it. I'd furlough any teachers 60+ and give 50+ the option to decide whether they'd like to be placed on furlough.

Bang a load of handwash dispensers around the schools.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Bang a load of handwash dispensers around the schools.

Try getting the little fvckers to use it though :rolleyes:

Don’t normally post on this thread but they can show slides all day long of things going downwards but a second wave will come and will be bigger than the first as sure as eggs are eggs ...  simply because people want to get back to some semblance of normality and nothing ...  but nothing ..  will stop them.    :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Don’t normally post on this thread but they can show slides all day long of things going downwards but a second wave will come and will be bigger than the first as sure as eggs are eggs ...  simply because people want to get back to some semblance of normality and nothing ...  but nothing ..  will stop them.    :(

Because people are grieving our old way of life and have not yet realised it is gone for the foreseeable. They can't fathom it yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

More for the teachers and staff really :D

Do kids still like getting gold stars?

Yeah any kind of bribery usually works with kids :D

• Haha 1

“We’ll have to live with this virus for quite some time ..   at least till a vaccine becomes available “...  says professor VT.    

Don’t forget that’s not a given ...   there might not be one ..  and if there is ..  it  might take years to find it.

Dont want to be downbeat but wish we didn’t sugarcoat everything ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

“We’ll have to live with this virus for quite some time ..   at least till a vaccine becomes available “...  says professor VT.    

Don’t forget that’s not a given ...   there might not be one ..  and if there is ..  it  might take years to find it.

Dont want to be downbeat but wish we didn’t sugarcoat everything ..

So we need herd immunity then!  Best get back to plan A.  Just as we live with the Flu, and it sadly kills people every day or every year.  Lockdown is not helping this, as we knew it wouldn't - it was only supposed to flatten the curve and ease pressure on the NHS.  We seem to have forgotten this.

• Like 1

36 million people in the US have filed for unemployment in the past 2 months. 85,000 have died.

The bigger killer will be poverty and suicide if we go down the route of hiding away from the virus.

Both routes are sadly going to kill people. There's no magical 3rd option where we save everyone and then keep a healthy economy.

I'm predicting that before the end of July - the majority will have shifted opinion to protect the economy (which is people, it's not just evil businessmen. It's people putting food on the table for their family and having a life that's worth living)

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm sceptical if there's any law at all, other than creating a disturbance or public nuisance. 

These are the original regulations:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350/contents

And these are revised ones (which allow you to exercise with another person not in your household):

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/500/contents/made

(These also increase maximum fine for contravention.)

Guest Fktf
13 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

So we need herd immunity then!  Best get back to plan A.  Just as we live with the Flu, and it sadly kills people every day or every year.  Lockdown is not helping this, as we knew it wouldn't - it was only supposed to flatten the curve and ease pressure on the NHS.  We seem to have forgotten this.

It's possible that we've never deviated from plan a. If your aim was a natural herd immunity, you'd need to manage the spread of the virus such that is reaches all areas of the country. Some sort of policy where you release restrictions and let people travel any distance to exercise would probably be enough to get the virus out of hot-spot cities to the less infected countryside. 

Even if you dismiss that as a conspiracy (I'm not sure I really believe it), 4000 odd new cases each day isn't nearly low enough to do test track isolate, so who knows what we're trying at the moment. 

33 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Do kids still like getting gold stars?

Don't all kids get gold stars and awards these days because we're not allowed as a society to have "winners and losers" amongst the poor little young 'uns?

30 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yeah any kind of bribery usually works with kids :D

You say bribery, I say incentive.

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I’m on furlough Yorkie, doesn’t make any difference as I won’t be back at my company for a while whether I’m well or not. 

The test is about if you have antibodies, not if you’re ill, we need to know this to get some confidence back in people. Furloughing isn’t going to last forever.

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

However, I think my biggest worry is about this getting all out of control, because I know that there is no way the children will socially distance. If it turns out that young children can't spread it, then it's not a problem, but if they can, then we're fvcked. The idea of social distancing in schools is a farce, because it won't happen, other than token efforts and procedures.

Even the year 6's don't socially distance, there's no chance anyone will manage to get the younger kids to distance. No chance at all. I think this is known by the govenment and the DFE, but they're banking on them not being spreaders. But that's what it is, a gamble. Maybe it pays off, but if they're wrong then we could be looking at a longer lockdown than before.

Time to get strict 

20 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The test is about if you have antibodies, not if you’re ill, we need to know this to get some confidence back in people. Furloughing isn’t going to last forever.

But knowing somebody on furlough has had it won’t change the fact that they’re furloughed. That’s the point I was making. 

Im interested in your thinking behind this though? 

Just been sent some stupid ****ing poster doing the rounds on social media, advertising a mass anti lockdown gathering at Abbey and Braunstone Parks on Saturday. 

**** my life. **** the absolute retards. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Time to get strict 

Good luck getting strict when half of the kids parents as so hyper sensitive they'll be at the governors because their kid feels like they shouldn't be managed. 

Strictness ended a long time ago. 

46 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

These are the original regulations:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350/contents

And these are revised ones (which allow you to exercise with another person not in your household):

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/500/contents/made

(These also increase maximum fine for contravention.)

Cool thanks.

I honestly have no idea nor am.i trying to be sarcastic...but don't new laws need to be passed in parliament, debated, amended and then sent to the Lords before being sent back and ratified? 

I don't recall any of that.

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Cool thanks.

I honestly have no idea nor am.i trying to be sarcastic...but don't new laws need to be passed in parliament, debated, amended and then sent to the Lords before being sent back and ratified? 

I don't recall any of that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51916076

Either  that or we became a dictatorship and I missed the memo.