Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

FoxesTalk Strava virtual running club

28 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Pace per kilometre was better in the last five k's than the first nine - how the fook does that happen????

Cos you were running downhill with the wind behind :D

58 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

14k done yesterday, best outdoor 10k PB (62.30) and averaged 6.18 per kilometre, another PB over that distance

Pace per kilometre was better in the last five k's than the first nine - how the fook does that happen????

Cos your body has acclimatised. Did you notice your breathing was easier after a few k's?

I always struggle on my first couple of miles,once my breathing etc is all in synch it's all good. THEN it's all the mental challenge!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raj said:

Cos your body has acclimatised. Did you notice your breathing was easier after a few k's?

I always struggle on my first couple of miles,once my breathing etc is all in synch it's all good. THEN it's all the mental challenge!!

I'm still learning how this running lark works.

Good fun finding out! Well, apart from doing the actual running...

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm still learning how this running lark works.

Good fun finding out! Well, apart from doing the actual running...

Once your "In the zone" there's nothing like it mate. The boost of the hormones afterwards is great for your well being!! After this lockdowns over, enter some organised 10kms and then go for the Leicester Marathon (I've done over 13 half ones but can't bare the thought of a full one).

You will love the buzz and you'll be hooked!!

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

Well, my first run in three days. I gave my legs time to recover a bit more, I got my minutes per mile down to 10:33 today, which is a PB for this year. 

The knee felt good, no shin splints, horrible windy weather! 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2020 at 08:16, SemperEadem said:

Recently changed from a fairly basic pair of asics that were a few years old to Mizuno wave inspire 15.

I have very high arched feet and calf muscles that are very inflexible, guess these don’t really help. 
Poor timing as it looks like really I need my gait analysing to see whats going on.

It’s gutting as it flairs up when I get going and really into my stride as it were.

How long is a good time off, two weeks or more?

Consider yoga whilst you are off. Just basic stuff, helps with posture which may help with your gait etc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Never ran more than 7k outside but agreed to a “challenge” of doing a 10k in May on Strava. 

Weird how my phone tells me to get off my fat arse and learn German sort of works. 

In all honesty you’ll be fine mate. I find the last few km’s more enjoyable than the rest. 

I’ve never been a runner, just had a serious shoulder injury and jumped straight back into two 5kms and straight to the 10km after that. Found the 10s much easier than the 5s because I was more bothered about the distance and getting a steady pace going. This naturally gave me a better time over each half of the 10kms than I was doing for the 5km alone. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

@David Guiza - I missed the weekly stats yesterday and can’t get ‘em on my phone - are you able to get hold of them at all?

cheers

Ben

No problem! 

I do expect to be greeted by 'Statto, Statto, Statto' for any fans of 90s Fantasy Football with Skinner and Baddiel.

As somebody who can run and run all day and fairly quickly on flat/downhill surfaces, I do admire Chris' work. Great pace for that level of elevation. Think I just need to move to the Netherlands. 

20200511_162707.jpg

20200511_162655.jpg

20200511_162637.jpg

Edited by David Guiza

I’ve adapted my root now, so I just run around my estate 6 times, which equates to 5k. Hardly any elevation and the shins feel great! 

I’ve tried to push myself to do quicker times and actually managed a new PB yesterday of 35:01! My best 1k was 5:27, so I definitely went too quickly and got tired. 

I’m going to add some segments into my run on Strava and look to push / beat them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

I dunno tbh but I felt something go this time whereas last time was more of a slow cramp

Get some ice on it (Frozen peas is the entry level to Vardy's Cryo Chamber!)

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

On 10/05/2020 at 22:12, RonnieTodger said:

Never ran more than 7k outside but agreed to a “challenge” of doing a 10k in May on Strava. 

Weird how my phone tells me to get off my fat arse and learn German sort of works. 

Great work on taking on a new challenge, as someone who frequently runs 5-7k the idea of doing a 10k can almost be intimidating. For me I planned a route where I knew I'd have good views and enjoyed the scenery as I went unlike my typical 5k through the streets. I also made it that when I hit 5k it was close enough that I would have to run 5k or more to get back home. I'd start off at a more comfortable pace than you would on shorter runs and adjust as you go. 

On 11/05/2020 at 16:29, David Guiza said:

No problem! 

I do expect to be greeted by 'Statto, Statto, Statto' for any fans of 90s Fantasy Football with Skinner and Baddiel.

As somebody who can run and run all day and fairly quickly on flat/downhill surfaces, I do admire Chris' work. Great pace for that level of elevation. Think I just need to move to the Netherlands. 

20200511_162707.jpg

20200511_162655.jpg

20200511_162637.jpg

I believe this might be me, it's hard telling who's who across FT and Strava :sweating:. Unfortunately my house in Barnsley requires some form of climb to get back home regardless of where I go, it has it's benefits on elevation stats, but my god can it kill all motivation if your really not feeling going out. I do enjoy pushing myself up the hills when I get going though, I work with some really competitive lads and our morning 5k route finishes with a 1km climb at 45m elevation so I'm keeping myself ready for when we go back. 

I check this club every day on Strava, there's some incredible efforts going on and that usually gives me that extra kick up the backside to get out and get something in to my legs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1