Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Jermaine beckford syndrome

Am a bit worried that many will soon be suffering from ‘Jermaine Beckford syndrome’ - this can happen twice a year when the transfer window closure approaches and your club haven’t signed anyone .... the feeling that you have to sign someone, anyone takes hold .... methinks an outbreak of this syndrome is likely in the East Midlands tomorrow ......

11 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Eagerly waiting for updates from Stringer, parked outside the KP waiting for nothing to happen.

The updates would all be about him, the sandwiches he’s eating and how he likes to “hilariously” call Owynn PH, “Patrick”. He’d probably also claim that his presence got the signing over the line... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

The updates would all be about him, the sandwiches he’s eating and how he likes to “hilariously” call Owynn PH, “Patrick”. He’d probably also claim that his presence got the signing over the line... 

I believe he bends spoons aswell .......

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

It will be a rubbish deadline day again.  Have we ever really had an exciting one?

This one time, we sold Danny DrinkSoda and signed a top of the range Portuguese replacement .......... 14 seconds to late. 

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Didn’t we sign benko and cags on deadline day (August ) ???

i recall Dorsett standing outside the training ground 

That was a bloody brilliant deadline day. I wasn't really expecting anyone, and we got two exciting, young players in.

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Come tomorrow we'll have the rumoured sightings of players having talks in hotels or medicals... "Bale's been seen down saffron lane in a chip shop" :ph34r:

New training ground specifically designed with Bale in mind...Golf/Leicester/Wales in that order

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Syrup said:

Eagerly waiting for updates from Stringer, parked outside the KP waiting for nothing to happen.

He'll be down there from 8am telling us about a free bacon roll he's been given whilst the presenter in the studio has to pretend they give a shit about sport. Classic BBC Radio Leicester mornings. 

9 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

He'll be down there from 8am telling us about a free bacon roll he's been given whilst the presenter in the studio has to pretend they give a shit about sport. Classic BBC Radio Leicester mornings. 

"We have been treated by the hospitality of Leicester City Club Football Football Club™ on what is a crisp Leicestershire day, shirt sleeve weather, just a bit warmer than when I stumbled through my 693rd marathon in New York like the bloody saint I am.

"My sources are telling me that I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near these premises, but here I am like a turd that won't flush. It's my understanding that Brendan Rodgers is interested in signing another player whose name I will attempt to overpronounce to partner Youri Tihlimunz in midfield. I will then make unfunny clichés about his nationality if he scores, and possibly make cut throat gestures at him post-match.

"Back to Owen Palmer-Arsehole in the studio to get overexcited about Wooverhamton Wonderers and tell us about how good Oasis were."

• Haha 3

My sources tell me we are in for Coutinho as a last minute deal as he looks to move away from Munich and Barcelona.

Edit: sorry just re read his text, looks like he’s be caught in a ho, and is running away to either Munich or Barcelona. I bloody hate predictive text, I got all excited for a minute.

Edited by Aus Fox

deadline day speculation can be quite humorous, with rumours ranging from the bizarre to down right ridiculous. Occasionally somebody gets something right, but most of the deals that actually get done sneak in under the radar as clubs quietly go about their business. The majority of rumours are just that, agents trying to cash in, clubs laying smokescreens to hide their real targets etc.  As a club we are notorious for keeping our cards close to the chest (Soy and Benko came totally out of the blue for eg).

A couple of years ago on radio 5 they were doing a deadline day programme and most of the stuff coming through was fans simply regurgitating recycled rumours so they decided, as an experiment to start a totally left field rumour, made up on the spot, to see how long it took before someone called in to report that they had heard that so and so was signing to club x (cant remember who the player was now but it involved Arsenal). It only took about an hour for their own rumour to be repeated back to them by someone claiming to be ITK and that they had been told by inside sources that it was deffo happening.

Just goes to show how gullible some people are. :P

Edited by urban fox

23 hours ago, MPH said:

we need lookouts in posh hotel restaurants and all airport private lounges!!

Get on it, people!!

Ok, just to confirm,  iv closed my cafe in Chapel St Leonard's for the day... and unless our new multi million ££ signing is in a mobility scooter or has 10 dogs or hobbles 3 steps before slobbering over my counter asking for another cup of tea 

Absolutely no contract talks took place this end.

🦊👴🧓👵🧙‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

#confirmedonfoxestalk

• Like 1